**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add us to the roll call!:)

Our dates are Dec 1-8 and we are staying at Pop. This will be my dh's, our 1yo twin boys, and mil's first trip to WDW! We may switch to AoA, but for now we are booked at Pop.

Btw, tofubeast, I think we've met on FB. My profile picture shows my twins wearing bright red shirts.

Yay!! Welcome!! Adding you to the roll call. So nice to see we both share an interest in photography. :thumbsup2

ADD US DECEMBER 8-13 AOA OR CARRIBEAN NOT SURE YET!:santa:
IM JUST EXICTED FOR THE BEAST CASTLE! CAN NOT WAIT,DEFF HAVE TO GET MY DD THE CHRISTMAS BELLE DRESDS:banana:

I actually have 3 pin codes i have free dining and upgraded to ddd but all my pin codes exclude aoa:worried:
My two quotes are since I already have tickets I will just be buying one 1 day passes.
1200 for pop
1400 carribbean
or pay full rack and wait for a code from mouse savers etc for aoa right now it is 1560
I am unsure on what to take:confused3
I never stayed at pop or carribean beach, any advice?:)

After seeing all the ADR ideas, I'm thinking what I should do for food!!! YUM!! Just a poll, How much do you plan for food to cost you? Do you pay OOP? Are you paying for a meal plan?

I've generated some numbers for my family and the dining plans consistently saves us about $15 -$30/day. The Quick Service is $15 savings for us and Regular Dining Plan is about $15 for a "cheaper table service location" or over $30 for a "more expensive location". Even if we have to pay OOP for a couple breakfasts at the hotel, we will still be paying less on a dining plan. I'm thinking Regular Dining Plan may be the way to go. We can hit all the great character meals, take a breather from running commando (this term still cracks me up), and our overall experience will be better I think enjoying 1 meal a day at a table service meal.

OOP doing only counter meals we were still averaging about $100/day so $119/day for Regular Dining Plan (+ tip of course) seems worth it.
Since we are not staying on property, no dining plan for us. Based on all the places we want to eat, I've estimated $173/day for 6 people, or $29/day per person. We have free breakfast at our hotel (plus a kitchen, just in case) for most mornings, and are planning on only eating one other big meal for day & just supplementing with snacks as needed.

Changed our dates...we are now going 12/26-1/5. We will be there for our 10th anniversary on 12/28 :hug: and DD's 6th birthday on 1/4 :woohoo: !!! Still at AKV Kidani
Those are our same exact dates! :)

I guess I missed the quote from whoever mentioned getting the green mickey head paint chip for the lanyard, but that's a great idea! I think we will do that too, but I figure the chances of running into anyone else or noticing their DISer tag is slim to none!? Never hurts to be prepared though, right???

Hi Tofu,

Can you change my dates on the list to Dec 15-21 please? DH scheduled the wrong week at work so I had to switch. Just called Disney to make it official.

Very excited :) I just ordered our MVMCP tickets for Dec. 7th!! I've never been during the holiday season and can't wait to get there.

Why are there no advanced ticket prices for that date, though? Just curious. I didn't mind paying full price but it would have been nice to save a few dollars.

Thanks to tofubeast's diligence, it looks like more than just webepirates and I will be neighbors. Seems that during my stay at POR, there will be 9 people on this thread that I will be over lapping with (including myself). Looks like I will DEFINITELY have to swing by Home Depot and pick up some lime green (I think it's called alien green now) mouse head sample card to deck it out with my ID and keep in my lanyard. It'd be great to bump into some of you by the pool (or pool bar), Riverside Mill, River Roost (with Yee Haw Bob) or Boatwright's

BUT... Since I am just a 6' 300 lbs child, I couldn't help but plug my name into the interactive MVMCP and select as many options as possible.

I guess I missed the quote from whoever mentioned getting the green mickey head paint chip for the lanyard, but that's a great idea! I think we will do that too, but I figure the chances of running into anyone else or noticing their DISer tag is slim to none!? Never hurts to be prepared though, right???

That would be me... ;) I walked WDW for a week last time and not 1 person noticed. :sad2:

I'd love to be added to the list!

I'm getting married at Walt Disney World on December 22nd!! pixiedust:

We will be arriving on December 20th and leaving for our honeymoon on the 23rd!

We are either staying at the Boardwalk or the Beach Club!

Since the announcement of MVMCP dates and prices, my Chistmas with the Mouse bug has been kicked into over-drive. Especially where it comes to the Candlelight Processional. I feel kind of guilty now. I guess I may have infected a few others. To help alleviate some of the stress with waiting for more CP info, I did some more research.

After further digging, I discovered that the preliminary list (usually 1/2 - 2/3 of the narrators) was announced last year on June 22nd. It's gonna be a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG 7 weeks.

I agree, I want to start booking!!! I've never been to Disney at Christmas and I'm nervous I'll miss out on ADRs that I really want!

Add me for December 3-11!

I've never been during December before, and I am really excited to see all of the Christmas decorations. We'll definitely be going to MVMCP.

:dancer: :welcome: :dancer:

A big welcome to our latest Dec Roll Call members. Can I just say I love our little December group? We are all going to know each other so well (too well? :rotfl2:) in the next seven months.

For our newest Dec Roll Call friend, be sure to check my 2nd post here on the first page. I try my best to include news regarding December and tidbits I hear along the way. (BDL-- I added your CP research!!) That way, as new people join our group, they can be kept abreast on the latest stuff we have learned re: December without having to read all the posts. :thumbsup2

Please add me to your list. Our dates are December 13-23, 2012; staying at Fort Wilderness Campground; celebrating our 30th anniversary.

This is our first Christmas visit and I can't wait. Probably going to MVMCP on the 16th.

Awww!!! Everyone is so giddy with christmas spirit!!! :santa:

Congrats MrsDuck, I hope your wedding is MAGICAL, LOL. Had to say that!!! But I really do! :bride:

DisneyMom I would totally do the Mod for $200 more! But that is just me. I'm still crossing all my fingers and toes for a free dining pin! You are one of the very few peope who have gotten one. Very Few!!! Count yourself lucky!!! :thumbsup2

Happy News from me today! That car accident I was in and worried about, it is all working out fine. My car was totaled and the insurance is giving me a very generous amount back. Will pay off my current loan, pay off my husbands loan (only $1000 left), tuck away $1000 for Disney and put down $4K on a new car... I guess it was a blessing in disguise. Someone must have a little fairy watching over her :tinker:

So excited to be added to the December list! This is our first visit...we are not telling the kids, it will be our 15th Anniversary and we love love love Christmas! :santa: We will be there the 8th - 15th and staying at CSR.

Now I just need to get my binder started!

So excited to be added to the December list! This is our first visit...we are not telling the kids, it will be our 15th Anniversary and we love love love Christmas! :santa: We will be there the 8th - 15th and staying at CSR.

Hello and Welcome!!! We have the exact same dates!!!

I got my binder started. And properly obsessing over it too. :rotfl:

Welcome to the Dis!! We are honored that your first post ever was on our thread! I love CSR. Such a great resort.

I stayed at CSR for my honeymoon in 2010, and it was amazing. You have to check out the main pool; it was my husband's favorite thing at the resort!!!!

Welcome aboard...

Make sure you video the kids' reactions. Could get you $10k on AFV. And God knows that everyone on here will get a kick out of it.

:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter