• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if I could seek some advice from you all.
This will be DDs first trip to WDW. She will be turning 7 the week before we go. We have never done character dining before, but would love to now that we have our little princess :) Which princess meal would you recommend - CRT or Akershus? We are also hoping to do Chef Mickey and the Crystal Palace. Any advice on which is better or if we're missing a cool one, would be awesome - thank you!! :)

Wondering if I could seek some advice from you all.
This will be DDs first trip to WDW. She will be turning 7 the week before we go. We have never done character dining before, but would love to now that we have our little princess :) Which princess meal would you recommend - CRT or Akershus? We are also hoping to do Chef Mickey and the Crystal Palace. Any advice on which is better or if we're missing a cool one, would be awesome - thank you!! :)

For your first one, I recommend CRT. The food does not have that "wow" factor, but being in the castle sure does. :)

We're reserved at BLT for Dec 28 - Jan 5! :yay:

My only time at WDW for Christmas was when I was 12, and this will be DH's first trip there in December. In addition, we are bringing DH's mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and grandmother... all of whom have never been to Disney! I tried to book a little after Christmas so they won't be too overwhelmed by crowds, but I still wanted us to see the decorations. Can't wait!

Due to circumstances.....my dates & locations have changed drastically.

Going down a day earlier, staying at the Polynesian for one night on November 28 then checking into Pop on November 29 & i'll be staying until December 8 when I head to Port Canaveral & get on the Disney Fantasy for PCC 4.0 until the 15th. On the 15th i'll head back to Pop for the night & check out the next morning.

Thanks for the new thread!

We're booked at BWV Dec 3 - 15. It will be my in-laws first trip ever and our first Christmas trip.

I'm already working on park plans and pixie dust present packages. As you can see from my sig, I like to get really creative with those. Since we're going for 12 days, everything will have a 12 Days of Christmas theme. :banana:

We are booked dec 1-dec 8 for my birthday on the third and could not be more excited for our first trip to Disney at Christmas time!!

I just switched us today from Jambo to Kidani...couldn't resist the extra space and bathroom for an 11 night stay! :)

:santa::santa: WHAAHOOOO so excited we are taking the kids and grandkids for a christmas trip, 12/25/12-12/29/12; wilderness lodge just dh and i:love: :kids and grandkids come: grouphug: 12/29--1/1/13 shades of green: 1/1/13-1/1/7 akl!!!! all together 9 -11 of us:santa::santa::santa:

We've changed our dates slightly. November 26 thru December 3. Still POR. Was thinking about a Royal Room but want to save money, of course and thinking about the Christmas Party but not sure on that one. Is there a point when it might be too late to book the Christmas Party??

WOW!!!!!

What airline did you use? Most of the ones I've seen only go up to Sept/Oct departure dates.

I checked on Travelocity and it showed US Airways for $242(including taxes) RT from Chicago!! We wanted to be under $250 a ticket, so we were pretty excited! United was $316, so we jumped on the $242 :thumbsup2

So, it seems my mom is pretty determined to do this thing o.o We THINK we have the dates: Dec. 15-22nd. Though, that is subject to change.
Can't book a resort yet, unfortunately will have to wait until June to do that.

If you would like to be added, removed, or need to change dates, just post below! And to make this fun---

Tell us about where you are staying, if you've ever been to WDW in December, and what you are MOST looking forward to during your upcoming trip. Feel free to share links to your Pre-Trip Reports as well!

Please add us in!! We were mulling over dates but decided we're going December :-)worship:) 5th to the 12th!!! (we haven't booked yet because we're still trying to plan out where we'll stay!! :santa:) It'll be Me: :cutie: DH: :cool2: and DS3 (he'll be 4 by the time we go) :goofy:

We've never been to Disney before (ever) so going in December is gonna be awesome! :woohoo: :santa:

We're most looking forward to seeing DS's eyes light up when he sees everything!!! (the lights, the characters, the scenery!!)

I'm new to the posting so not quite sure how to create a PTR but WHEN I figure it out I'll post it!! (it *IS* a long time til June let alone December so I'm sure I'll need SOMETHING to do!!)

Can't wait to see everyone else's and get some AWESOME ideas!!!!

thinking about the Christmas Party but not sure on that one. Is there a point when it might be too late to book the Christmas Party??

I once asked a cast member that (while I was booking ADR's for a trip we ultimately had to cancel :sad1:) and he said that you should try to book them before... **THANKSGIVING** I'm sure you'll have enough time!!! :goodvibes

We've changed our dates slightly. November 26 thru December 3. Still POR. Was thinking about a Royal Room but want to save money, of course and thinking about the Christmas Party but not sure on that one. Is there a point when it might be too late to book the Christmas Party??

The first and last nights of MVMCP tend to sell out. Other than that, most night have availability, for advanced sales, up to Nov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter