• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Heavy rains all week and predicted for next. Not Darcy flooding but lots of cars submerged in parking lots and on the streets.

Hope it doesn't get too bad Cj. Any damage is too much. Latest estimate up here is at the $80 million mark.

Morning boys from a sunny and pleasant London. Gym and tennis this morning, carnitas for dinner. That’s about it.

Have a great day chaps.

Morning boys.

Getting up at 5am sucks.
Knowing you're not going back to bed for about 40 hours sucks more.

Ever put a cigar down and put the wron end back into your mouth (just enough)?

Holy crap! Dude!

We had 5 straight days of rain.

No thanks.

Rule #1 on a tagging boat: No one brings a banana onboard (true story).

All right... I'll bite (sure! pun intended) what's the story?

Rule # 2: No one bites a shark. You don't want to give them ideas.

Valid point.

Like that down here.

Nothing but sun up here.

Me: Where are my damn keys?

Kid: Next to your wallet.

Me: Well, where the hell is my wallet?

Kid: On the counter where you put them.

Me: OK, where are my glasses?

Kid: (with a sigh): On the top of your head.

Me: You know, you will get old too.

::yes::

Same story up and down the east coast, and likely to continue for another week at last.
But then again, we're finally catching up to normal rainfall amounts and water table levels,
so I guess there's some good in it.

Good to look on the bright side... er.... sorry about that.

It only hurts when I walk on it. :crutches:

I can stagger around the house a bit from room to room, but can't make it up stairs.

Hang in there, man.

Morning Gents,

A nice, sunny morning up here in the North. I may even get a run in over the lunch hour.

Road construction season is kicking off here and it looks like my normal 25 minute commute has the potential to become 2 to 3 times longer. I may need to look for a less direct route to the office.

Morning boys from a sunny and pleasant London. Gym and tennis this morning, carnitas for dinner. That’s about it.

Have a great day chaps.

You do realize that it is Taco Tuesday, right?

Morning Gents,

A nice, sunny morning up here in the North. I may even get a run in over the lunch hour.

Road construction season is kicking off here and it looks like my normal 25 minute commute has the potential to become 2 to 3 times longer. I may need to look for a less direct route to the office.

That’s what’s going in the Tacos. Good luck on your drive....

Ever looked for something that you're actually holding in your hand?

Ever been to a Turkish prison?

Rule #1 on a tagging boat: No one brings a banana onboard (true story).

Rule # 2: No one bites a shark. You don't want to give them ideas.

Seems legit.

Me: Where are my damn keys?

Kid: Next to your wallet.

Me: Well, where the hell is my wallet?

Kid: On the counter where you put them.

Me: OK, where are my glasses?

Kid: (with a sigh): On the top of your head.

Me: You know, you will get old too.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Same story up and down the east coast, and likely to continue for another week at last.
But then again, we're finally catching up to normal rainfall amounts and water table levels,
so I guess there's some good in it.

So...yay? We're supposed to get more rain this afternoon up here.

Getting up at 5am sucks.

Ew. Just ew.

Ah...job security.

I can stagger around the house a bit from room to room, but can't make it up stairs.
Had to deal with the stairs issue back when I snapped an Achilles Tendon.
Best method up was on the good leg's nee and then drag the bad leg up till I could brace the toes on the next step. drag, repeat, drag repeat... Got good at it after a day or two.

Down was easier.
Sit on you rump and basically slide down the stairs.

The ocean sounds great. DW put a stop to the condo plan long before my knee injury, but I'm still hoping for one day.
Almost had her on board though...
Keep working the angle.

I could very likely convince the Missus to move to the coast.
The road block though would be the lack of living-wage employment once we got there.

Hope it doesn't get too bad Cj. Any damage is too much. Latest estimate up here is at the $80 million mark.
That's a lot of bad...
Hate to hear it for anyone dealing with such damage.

Sounds like an excellent plan.
Except for the whole gym and tennis bit of it, but other than that the plan is flawless.

Getting up at 5am sucks.
Yes, yes it does.

but that's down right painful.

Haven't done foolishness of that caliber since I was 20 and attempting to work full time at night while going to school full time during the day. Did that up till the morning I woke up driving toward a tree...
Realized at about that time that one of those two time requirements was going to have to be cut back a mite.

So...yay? We're supposed to get more rain this afternoon up here.
Yeah... cold comfort at best while we're dealing with it.
But so long as it isn't flooding, rainy days beat prolonged drought.

Ever been to a Turkish prison?
Quite the leap from a failing memory.
Next you'll be asking if we like movies about gladiators...

Never mind, someone already beat you to it.

I can imagine after that you did a pretty good impression of Ol' King Louie...
Sorry mate, that sounds evil.
A National Lampoon DisDad London Vacation movie sounds like a script just waiting to be made. I'm available for the scene with Markel.
I have the Bears shirt ready, and the Duchess of Sussex is ready for ya, big guy. She's even word perfect of "Hey Big Spender". And she'll let you do her front.
Never mind, someone a,ready beat you to it.
There's another question in that trilogy........

Maybe one of these will help Norm.

picture.jpg

Top O the Mornin Dads! Another day and a half til a nice 5 day weekend including Chicago food, a couple of Cubs games, Chicago food, time with DW, Chicago food............. Well, you guys get the picture.
The only viable curse that we have left once they get all growed-up.
I hear that but let's not forget the ultimate mother's curse of "when you have children I hope they act just like you did".

picture.jpg
There ya have it, we are now discussing stair chairs :lmao:

Haven't done foolishness of that caliber since I was 20 and attempting to work full time at night while going to school full time during the day. Did that up till the morning I woke up driving toward a tree...
Realized at about that time that one of those two time requirements was going to have to be cut back a mite.

Apparently I’m far too stupid to learn.

I hear that but let's not forget the ultimate mother's curse of "when you have children I hope they act just like you did".

Now that’s just mean!

I've been thinking of going this way.

crack.jpg

:laughing:

Who is celebrating Spring Bank Holiday on Monday?

That was last weekend.

Just don’t leave a deposit until you’ve bought it.....

:lmao:

Happy Tuesday. Voted today, for what good it does.

Morning boys from a sunny and pleasant London. Gym and tennis this morning, carnitas for dinner. That’s about it..

Thanks for rubbing it in. :furious: :mad:

Hang in there, man.

::yes::

And we had tacos tonight.

Had to deal with the stairs issue back when I snapped an Achilles Tendon.
Best method up was on the good leg's nee and then drag the bad leg up till I could brace the toes on the next step. drag, repeat, drag repeat... Got good at it after a day or two.

Down was easier.
Sit on you rump and basically slide down the stairs.

The nurse told me to remember Heaven and Hell. Good leg to Heaven and bad leg to hell, going up and down stairs. It works great. Sitting down would hurt my knees way more than that.

picture.jpg

Laugh it up, fuzzball!!!

There ya have it, we are now discussing stair chairs :lmao:

Don't encourage them.

Just don’t leave a deposit until you’ve bought it.....

I was thinking of a tile floor with a drain in the center of the room. Not sure I want my beer to be that close to the $h1tter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter