DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin.
I may have smoked up a 11 pound brisket and a 9 pound Shoulder knowing full well that was way too much meat. Come on over. I'll fix you up a plate.

I may have smoked up a 11 pound brisket and a 9 pound Shoulder knowing full well that was way too much meat. Come on over. I'll fix you up a plate.
Sure! Um... can I just drive over? There's a bridge, right?

Happy Sunday. Went to my cousin's graduation today and food afterwards. It was a nice day.

Not seeing it.

Drink some more rum. :drinking1:

Morning, gents. Long day ahead, working a double. Then again, weekends are slow compared to weekdays, so not too bad.

Put in 6 hours today as well. Not too bad a day, but yes, long hours.

Sure! Um... can I just drive over? There's a bridge, right?

::yes:: :lmao:

Happy Victoria Day All!!

For some reason we celebrate this long dead queen of England on this day every May. Not complaining though as we get the day off.

:dancer::dancer:

Happy Victoria Day All!!

For some reason we celebrate this long dead queen of England on this day every May. Not complaining though as we get the day off.

Maybe because so much is named after her?
I found this list on Wiki.... notice the one glaring omission?

Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Barrie, Ontario
Square Victoria, Montreal
Queen Victoria Hospital, Revelstoke, British Columbia
Victoria Bridge, Montreal
Victoria Avenue, Montreal
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria University, Toronto
Victoria Park, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria Street, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria Park, London, Ontario
Queen's Park, Toronto
Victoria Street, Toronto
Victoria Memorial Square, Toronto
Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto
Victoria Park, Edmonton
Victoria Park, Moncton
Victoria, British Columbia
Regina, Saskatchewan
Victoria, Newfoundland
Victoriaville, Quebec
Victoria Island, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
Victoria and Albert Mountains, Ellesmere Island, Nunavut

Let's see, here...
Had to have the steering system rebuilt in one of the cars.
Had to have the back fence rebuilt after it collapsed.
Had to replace the entire A/C system.

Ya' know, I'm knid'a hoping that this week will be somewhat boring and rather uneventful.

Happy Victoria Day All!!

Any day off has a marked chance of being a better day then usual
Hope everyone up that way enjoys the time (well those that are actually out of work that is).

Interesting guess!
Think.... more obvious.

Obvious to whom?
Certainly not us Yanks.

Although I notice that the list exclude the rest of the Commonwealth, do they not celebrate the day?

Ugh. Another Monday. The good news is that tomorrow starts the single digit countdown to WDW. Even if I can't crush the theme parks, at least I'll be in WDW.

Happy Victoria Day All!!

Paid days off are always good.

Maybe because so much is named after her?
I found this list on Wiki.... notice the one glaring omission?

Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Barrie, Ontario
Square Victoria, Montreal
Queen Victoria Hospital, Revelstoke, British Columbia
Victoria Bridge, Montreal
Victoria Avenue, Montreal
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria University, Toronto
Victoria Park, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria Street, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria Park, London, Ontario
Queen's Park, Toronto
Victoria Street, Toronto
Victoria Memorial Square, Toronto
Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto
Victoria Park, Edmonton
Victoria Park, Moncton
Victoria, British Columbia
Regina, Saskatchewan
Victoria, Newfoundland
Victoriaville, Quebec
Victoria Island, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
Victoria and Albert Mountains, Ellesmere Island, Nunavut

That's why Victoria & Albert's is so expensive at WDW. They are paying royalties on that trademarked name. :lmao:

Let's see, here...

Ya' know, I'm knid'a hoping that this week will be somewhat boring and rather uneventful.

Hope everyone up that way enjoys the time (well those that are actually out of work that is).

Obvious to whom?
Certainly not us Yanks.

Although I notice that the list exclude the rest of the Commonwealth, do they not celebrate the day?

Nope

Let's see, here...

Dude.... your wallet needs a rest!

Nope. I'm at work. Hope everyone else is enjoying it!

Obvious to whom?
Certainly not us Yanks.

Well... it might be. Depends on how you are with geography I guess.

Oh, there's a whole list here, but I only listed the ones in Canada.

That's why Victoria & Albert's is so expensive at WDW. They are paying royalties on that trademarked name. :lmao:

:laughing:

Ugh. Another Monday. The good news is that tomorrow starts the single digit countdown to WDW. Even if I can't crush the theme parks, at least I'll be in WDW.
I was going to insert the dancing man emoji, but then thought that was a bit inappropriate. How is your knee mate? Enjoy the countdown.
Let's see, here...
Ooo, that's making me wince just a little bit. None of that sounds fun.
We don't celebrate it, and she only lived up the road. Probably because one of her boys ripped up the East End for a while.
Then I got bupkis.

Good weekend with friends and family. Got friends kids HS graduation driving get togethers, DD and SIL in town and some great friends from back in the day visiting the area that we have not seen in 12 years - my buddy and I have been friends since 6th grade. Gonna get together with out of town friends tonight while the kids attend a HS graduation ceremony then hang with the kids tomorrow night before they head back to D.C. Then me and DW head up to Chicago Thursday for a couple of Cubs games as part of year long fun to celebrate 25th anniversary. So if the day job doesn't get completely off the rails over the next three days we should have a great week.
Let's see, here...

Wow, that's a bit much to hit all at once. Here's to a low key, calm, non-eventful week for you.
Enjoy the countdown and sounding like the knee is still an issue? What the doc every identify relative to a sprain or a tear?

Well now that even makes me feel better about it being a Monday.
Can't say as we're headed to WDW anytime soon, but we are in the single digits for a trip down to the shore for a few so I've got that going for me (which is nice).

Nice...
They must be paying similar royalties to California as well.

Dude.... your wallet needs a rest!
Ooo, that's making me wince just a little bit. None of that sounds fun.
Painful? Yes, but we'll figure it out (seeing as we don't have any other option but to do so).

Oh, did I mention that I also found out recently that I need to shell out for one more semester of university tuition? (and that will need to include housing and that you can't rent anything for less than a year?)

Well... it might be. Depends on how you are with geography I guess.
Actually, I'm better than most in terms of geography, but I'll confess that I'm not as keen on all the features north of the boarder as I could be.

Probably because one of her boys ripped up the East End for a while.
so to speak...

Good weekend with friends and family. Got friends kids HS graduation driving get togethers, DD and SIL in town and some great friends from back in the day visiting the area that we have not seen in 12 years - my buddy and I have been friends since 6th grade. Gonna get together with out of town friends tonight while the kids attend a HS graduation ceremony then hang with the kids tomorrow night before they head back to D.C. Then me and DW head up to Chicago Thursday for a couple of Cubs games as part of year long fun to celebrate 25th anniversary. So if the day job doesn't get completely off the rails over the next three days we should have a great week.
That sounds like a whole lot of good.
Here's to keeping everything on the rails.

Wow, that's a bit much to hit all at once. Here's to a low key, calm, non-eventful week for you.
Low key is the objective.
(and having part of the next week off won't hurt none either.)

Oh, did I mention that I also found out recently that I need to shell out for one more semester of university tuition? (and that will need to include housing and that you can't rent anything for less than a year?)

So what is that... about five, ten bucks?

No?

:rolleyes1

Actually, I'm better than most in terms of geography, but I'll confess that I'm not as keen on all the features north of the boarder as I could be.

No worries. It's not like I'm an expert on foreign countries, myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter