DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Will miss ya by a week as we head home on the 15th. Will keep it nice for ya but EPCOT may be short on adult beverages after we go through there :drinking1

As long as there are some Dole Whips left, we'll be good.:thumbsup2

Too bad, a meet up would have been fun. Looks like I'll have to put up with 007.

That's a shame.

Um, I mean, I'm sure he'll be fun too.

She did get a nice shark burn from a Tiger's skin.

She really has to stop catching them with her bare hands.

Life is the usual chaos though somewhat simpler. We sold the "vacation house", AKA the house we couldn't sell when we moved. Sold quick but took a beating on it. Not a surprise. My side of the family is known for making bad investments and decisions. Our purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Another budget cut at work, two trips to the hospital for SWMBO in April because she had sepsis, and weekly trips to the physical therapist for DS because "he's weaker than an old person" from too much computer time according to his therapist. DD is the bright spot because I have the boys terrified of me. Other than that it will be a busy summer and I need to get the kids north to the grandparents sometime this summer. It will be a quick summer. School doesn't end until the first of June and then starts the first week in August.

Yikes. That's a lot on your plate. Hope you guys can manage and have an enjoyable summer.

Rain has stopped. It looks like a nice long weekend shaping up. I’ll be working through it, but still, won’t complain about nice weather.

I had to go outside and investigate that big light in the sky.

Leftover brisket, pulled pork, coleslaw and potato salad for dinner, so that's all good.

BBQ makes for some great lunches the rest of the week.:thumbsup2

Heavy rains all week and predicted for next. Not Darcy flooding but lots of cars submerged in parking lots and on the streets.

Maybe because so much is named after her?

Newport Shropshire, UK, there is a Princess Victoria hotel because she slept there a couple of nights. Nice place and I even had an adult beverage at the bar.

Let's see, here...
Had to have the steering system rebuilt in one of the cars.
Had to have the back fence rebuilt after it collapsed.
Had to replace the entire A/C system.

Ya' know, I'm knid'a hoping that this week will be somewhat boring and rather uneventful.

Ouch. I hope there is a few months that are uneventful.

Ugh. Another Monday. The good news is that tomorrow starts the single digit countdown to WDW. Even if I can't crush the theme parks, at least I'll be in WDW.

Knee any better? If you need to, get a scooter for park days.

Good weekend with friends and family. Got friends kids HS graduation driving get togethers, DD and SIL in town and some great friends from back in the day visiting the area that we have not seen in 12 years - my buddy and I have been friends since 6th grade. Gonna get together with out of town friends tonight while the kids attend a HS graduation ceremony then hang with the kids tomorrow night before they head back to D.C. Then me and DW head up to Chicago Thursday for a couple of Cubs games as part of year long fun to celebrate 25th anniversary. So if the day job doesn't get completely off the rails over the next three days we should have a great week.

Sounds like a great weekend. May you have a happy anniversary trip.

Well now that even makes me feel better about it being a Monday.
Can't say as we're headed to WDW anytime soon, but we are in the single digits for a trip down to the shore for a few so I've got that going for me (which is nice).

Enjoy the trip, you deserve it.

That is the way they roll.

She should go back to snagging them with her teeth?

I had to go outside and investigate that big light in the sky.

Been having crappy weather?

Heavy rains all week and predicted for next. Not Darcy flooding but lots of cars submerged in parking lots and on the streets.

Ugh. So some shots of MK underwater a day or two ago.

Newport Shropshire, UK, there is a Princess Victoria hotel because she slept there a couple of nights. Nice place and I even had an adult beverage at the bar.

I saw a few places in the States that were named after her.

The one glaring omission from the list was...

The capitol of British Columbia.... Victoria.

Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Barrie, Ontario
Square Victoria, Montreal
Queen Victoria Hospital, Revelstoke, British Columbia
Victoria Bridge, Montreal
Victoria Avenue, Montreal
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria University, Toronto
Victoria Park, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria Street, Kingston, Ontario
Victoria Park, London, Ontario
Queen's Park, Toronto
Victoria Street, Toronto
Victoria Memorial Square, Toronto
Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto
Victoria Park, Edmonton
Victoria Park, Moncton
Victoria, British Columbia
Regina, Saskatchewan
Victoria, Newfoundland
Victoriaville, Quebec
Victoria Island, Nunavut and Northwest Territories
Victoria and Albert Mountains, Ellesmere Island, Nunavut

Eh?

See, now that was my first thought (having actually been there a couple times)
But as Dan pointed out...
That one is buried in the middle of the list.

No, but the 10 mins when I looked for the pencil that was behind my ear is never coming back.
Do stuff like that all the damn time which is why I more and more outsource the major stuff around the house. That and getting up a few years. Ever put a cigar down and put the wron end back into your mouth (just enough)?

She should go back to snagging them with her teeth?

Absolutely! We know she can do it.

Rule #1 on a tagging boat: No one brings a banana onboard (true story).

Rule # 2: No one bites a shark. You don't want to give them ideas.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspendies and a bra......

A classic.

Ugh. So some shots of MK underwater a day or two ago.

We had 5 straight days of rain. Sun came out yesterday and the whole neighborhood was desperately trying to mow their lawns before the next showers came.

Like that down here.

:laughing: I do that all the time buddy. I think 60% of my work time in the garden for the last 2 weeks was looking for the tool I had put down 2 minutes before.

:laughing:
Ever looked for something that you're actually holding in your hand?

No, but the 10 mins when I looked for the pencil that was behind my ear is never coming back.

Do stuff like that all the damn time which is why I more and more outsource the major stuff around the house. That and getting up a few years. Ever put a cigar down and put the wron end back into your mouth (just enough)?

Me: Where are my damn keys?

Kid: Next to your wallet.

Me: Well, where the hell is my wallet?

Kid: On the counter where you put them.

Me: OK, where are my glasses?

Kid: (with a sigh): On the top of your head.

Me: You know, you will get old too.

Ever looked for something that you're actually holding in your hand?
Been there...

Done that...

Ever put a cigar down and put the wron end back into your mouth
Haven't bought that particular tee-shirt though...

But I've never smoked anything in my life (apart from pork ribs),
so I can't say it would be completely impossible given the right circumstances.

We had 5 straight days of rain. Sun came out yesterday and the whole neighborhood was desperately trying to mow their lawns before the next showers came.
Same story up and down the east coast, and likely to continue for another week at last.
But then again, we're finally catching up to normal rainfall amounts and water table levels,
so I guess there's some good in it.

Me: You know, you will get old too.
The only viable curse that we have left once they get all growed-up.

I was going to insert the dancing man emoji, but then thought that was a bit inappropriate. How is your knee mate? Enjoy the countdown.

It only hurts when I walk on it. :crutches:

I can stagger around the house a bit from room to room, but can't make it up stairs.

Enjoy the countdown and sounding like the knee is still an issue? What the doc every identify relative to a sprain or a tear?

Sounds fun and saw the pictures on FB. Received the denial letter in the mail, so they will go thru the appeals process. I have really bad insurance either way, so I wasn't surprised.

Well now that even makes me feel better about it being a Monday.
Can't say as we're headed to WDW anytime soon, but we are in the single digits for a trip down to the shore for a few so I've got that going for me (which is nice). ?)

The ocean sounds great. DW put a stop to the condo plan long before my knee injury, but I'm still hoping for one day.

I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspendies and a bra......

Always learning new stuff about you 007. You happen to be mates with Prince Harry or the Hottie Markel? A National Lampoon DisDad London Vacation movie sounds like a script just waiting to be made. I'm available for the scene with Markel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter