DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

21st through 28th. We'll be there with my brother and his family and my mom and dad, so we'll be in a large group.
Will miss ya by a week as we head home on the 15th. Will keep it nice for ya but EPCOT may be short on adult beverages after we go through there :drinking1
Evening chaps from another sunny day in London. I'm pretty sure the nanosecond I finish the garden, there will be 4 months of rain.
Of course it will, it's London isn't it.
Never done either. Not really my cup of tea. I would like to try the burgers in 50s, apparently they are pretty good.
Lot of better food than the burger at 50's, like Randall said..............................
Fried Chicken is better...
:thumbsup2

Morning guys. Spending the day cleaning out the office, onto the new job next week.

Hope its the type of meeting where they bring in piles of bacon... I have yet to attend such a meeting, but I am sure they must exist. :thumbsup2
ive-made-an-executive-decision-bacon-is-to-be-served-25464924.png

Happy hump days gents.

My cat was spayed Monday. She spent Monday night sleeping, but the two days since has been quite grumpy in her cone of shame and not too impressed with it. She's usually a pretty active cat and still wants to be jumping and climbing on the furniture. It's been tough trying to keep her quiet. I've learned that giving pills to a cat is not such an easy task. There's a learning curve, but I'm getting the hang of it. She's taking stuff for pain and sedation to try keeping her still as much as possible. We'll both be happy when it's over in a week.

Dude.... it's always Monday.
Is that like the bad version of "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"?

It certainly feels like every day is Monday lately.

Congrats! Looks like we'll miss you by a month.:sad1:
Too bad, a meet up would have been fun. Looks like I'll have to put up with 007.

A little over 2 months. Can't beat Florida in July!
I'm a bit worried about Florida in August. I'm obviously not used to heat, and I've only been to Florida in April and October, which was plenty hot for me.

Morning Gentlemen (and Dads)

I have an unexpected free period right now, so that's a nice bonus on a Wednesday.

Heading to the courthouse later to do legal stuff dealing with my Mom's estate. I was named the executor in her will, which means I'm stuck with some possibly unpopular decisions and will have to deal with my sisters. It's a shame this stuff happens, but I'm learning from it to make sure I make it easier for my kids in the future.

Morning, guys.

I'm a bit worried about Florida in August. I'm obviously not used to heat, and I've only been to Florida in April and October, which was plenty hot for me.

Not to worry. Once you melt into a puddle of sweat, it’ll be over.

I have an unexpected free period right now

A period would be unexpected.
Puts a whole new spin on mensies.

I was named the executor in her will, which means I'm stuck with some possibly unpopular decisions and will have to deal with my sisters.

Been there. My wife and her brother were co-executors. BIL is a waste of skin so did nothing, and I took over for a lot of DW’s responsibilities.

It's a shame this stuff happens, but I'm learning from it to make sure I make it easier for my kids in the future.

Yes. That is true.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DD ans SIL come into town tomorrow. They are here for his brothers HS graduation so at least we will get to see them some as they will be here til Tuesday of next week.
Morning guys. Spending the day cleaning out the office, onto the new job next week.
Best of luck :shamrock:
Those cooling towels work pretty good. The Chill Pal that you get on Amazon is one of the better ones.
Heading to the courthouse later to do legal stuff dealing with my Mom's estate. I was named the executor in her will, which means I'm stuck with some possibly unpopular decisions and will have to deal with my sisters. It's a shame this stuff happens, but I'm learning from it to make sure I make it easier for my kids in the future.
Sorry you have to deal with all that. I had the same role for my mom's estate and it's a lot and I am an only child so can;t imagine. Hope you get through it o.k.

:rotfl2:

Morning Gentlemen (and Dads)

Good luck. I was the executor for my uncle's estate, and will be for my mom's as well, so I definitely feel your pain. Not a fun task. Good outlook on taking learnings from it for your kids in the future though; that's a solid dad move right there.

Best of luck :shamrock:

Thank you.

Hope its the type of meeting where they bring in piles of bacon... I have yet to attend such a meeting, but I am sure they must exist. :thumbsup2

No such luck. The current meeting is a conference call that is being chaired by a federal civil servant. Good times.

Happy hump days gents.

My cat was spayed Monday. She spent Monday night sleeping, but the two days since has been quite grumpy in her cone of shame and not too impressed with it. She's usually a pretty active cat and still wants to be jumping and climbing on the furniture. It's been tough trying to keep her quiet. I've learned that giving pills to a cat is not such an easy task. There's a learning curve, but I'm getting the hang of it. She's taking stuff for pain and sedation to try keeping her still as much as possible. We'll both be happy when it's over in a week.

Can you hide the pill in her soft food? We now give out cat a pill twice a day and we are pretty successful doing that way.

We've done Florida in July and August a few times and don't mind it at all. The temperature and humidity is the same regardless of the time of day so once you've been there a day or two you will acclimatise.

Good luck.

No such luck. The current meeting is a conference call that is being chaired by a federal civil servant. Good times

He said federal civil servant "snicker"

Can you hide the pill in her soft food? We now give out cat a pill twice a day and we are pretty successful doing that way.

We've done Florida in July and August a few times and don't mind it at all. The temperature and humidity is the same regardless of the time of day so once you've been there a day or two you

Last edited:
No such luck. The current meeting is a conference call that is being chaired by a federal civil servant. Good times.

We've done Florida in July and August a few times and don't mind it at all. The temperature and humidity is the same regardless of the time of day so once you've been there a day or two you will acclimatise.

Good luck.
He said Federal Civil Servant. " snicker "

Of course it will, it's London isn't it.
Don't believe the hype.
Hope its the type of meeting where they bring in piles of bacon... I have yet to attend such a meeting
At my old job I had a weekly update meeting at 8:00am every Tuesday with the Ops Director, Head of Security and the Head of logistics. Accompanied by Bacon rolls, Coffee and St John's Bakery doughnuts from the food hall. I really miss that meeting. We used to talk about football for about half of the meeting and then go through a few dates and moans about the construction noise I was making.
Looks like I'll have to put up with 007.
Well someone round here is not feeling the love.....any more of that nonsense and the budgie smugglers are staying in the suitcase.
Heading to the courthouse later to do legal stuff dealing with my Mom's estate.
Good luck mate, hope it goes OK.

It's Wednesday. Still limping, but able to move a little better. Maybe my knee will be healed enough for WDW. Been taking the Hemp drops and rubbing salve into my knee. I don't know if it's working or not, but maybe it's giving me hope.

There's another way too. Join a company with a good pension plan and then retire.

Yeah, I had that until Governor Thanos. Waiting for the court case pending for June.

I think that's true of any of these places. 50's Prime Time also depends on the CM. But we've generally had good luck with both.

Never did try 50s. The menu sounds like what I get here at home. MIL makes some really good fried chicken.

Woke up at 4:30. It was cold this morning (6C/43F) but decided to take the bike anyway since the forecast is calling for a nice day later. Froze on the way to work, but hey, a quick workout and shower beforehand and I'm good to go. Do all that... pop into the office and...

"What are you doing here? It's your day off."

Oh yeah... guess I did take today off. Great.
?

Well, that sucks. At least you got to take the day off.

A little over 2 months. Can't beat Florida in July!

Never been in July, but June a few times. I'm looking forward to the heat.

DW's car was overheating yesterday, when I got home to check on it, apparently the last time we had the oil changed they didn't replace the coolant reservoir cap. Guess we got lucky it wasn't worse.

Glad you caught it before something happened.

Is that like the bad version of "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"?

Pirate. Never need to wait until 5.

Sorry you have to deal with that. All the crazies came out for my grandparents $ when they died. I can only imagine what BIL will put my DW thru.

I think the threat is much more effective if you threaten to take them out of the suitcase.
Not if it's the only bathing suit I have. It's that or a piece of tin foil to stop sunburn. :scared1:

Last edited:
Yeah, I had that until Governor Thanos. Waiting for the court case pending for June.

Knew that, but didn’t know it was going to court. What’re the odds?

Never did try 50s. The menu sounds like what I get here at home. MIL makes some really good fried chicken.

It’s good chicken, possibly the best in WDW. But that doesn’t make it the best ever.

Knew that, but didn’t know it was going to court. What’re the odds?

Seems to be good. The Attorney General is the one who filed the lawsuit, and he hasn't lost one yet in that role. So far, he's beat the Governor in all the pre-trial motions to delay the trial. Just hoping that the streak continues.

Seems to be good. The Attorney General is the one who filed the lawsuit, and he hasn't lost one yet in that role. So far, he's beat the Governor in all the pre-trial motions to delay the trial. Just hoping that the streak continues.
Sounds promising! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter