DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Totally bored the last couple of days so going to visit a friend for lunch today.

The kid made it safely back to shore from week 1. They caught a number of sharks but were limited by storms. One day they just had to secure the boat and mostly stay below deck.

She did get a nice shark burn from a Tiger's skin.

tiger Burn.jpg

Well, I'm a bit... miffed.
Woke up at 4:30. It was cold this morning (6C/43F) but decided to take the bike anyway since the forecast is calling for a nice day later. Froze on the way to work, but hey, a quick workout and shower beforehand and I'm good to go. Do all that... pop into the office and...

"What are you doing here? It's your day off."

Oh yeah... guess I did take today off. Great.

On the plus side, I rode back home and it was still just as cold. So there's that.

Now that sucks.

21st through 28th. We'll be there with my brother and his family and my mom and dad, so we'll be in a large group.

I'll make sure to start paying attention to Disney News Alerts starting the 21st.

DW's car was overheating yesterday, when I got home to check on it, apparently the last time we had the oil changed they didn't replace the coolant reservoir cap. Guess we got lucky it wasn't worse.

Nice save.

On our way to Cubbies game.
Go CUBS go!

I might be going up to Chicago in June and watch the Cubs.

Morning guys. Spending the day cleaning out the office, onto the new job next week.

Good luck.

My cat was spayed Monday. She spent Monday night sleeping, but the two days since has been quite grumpy in her cone of shame and not too impressed with it. She's usually a pretty active cat and still wants to be jumping and climbing on the furniture. It's been tough trying to keep her quiet. I've learned that giving pills to a cat is not such an easy task. There's a learning curve, but I'm getting the hang of it. She's taking stuff for pain and sedation to try keeping her still as much as possible. We'll both be happy when it's over in a week.

One reason I never had a cat.

I'm a bit worried about Florida in August. I'm obviously not used to heat, and I've only been to Florida in April and October, which was plenty hot for me.

Doable. Early mornings, breaks in the afternoon, A/C attractions are your friend, and water, water, water.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DD ans SIL come into town tomorrow. They are here for his brothers HS graduation so at least we will get to see them some as they will be here til Tuesday of next week.

Have a fun weekend.

Those cooling towels work pretty good. The Chill Pal that you get on Amazon is one of the better ones.

Good suggestion. In a pinch, I take a couple of paper towels in the rest room and soak them in water. If you head to an A/C attraction, that and the towels will chill you down.

What he said.

Fried Chicken is better...

True.

Never did try 50s. The menu sounds like what I get here at home. MIL makes some really good fried chicken.

Jealous. Unfortunately there is a desert of fried chicken places down here so if I can get even decent fried chicken, I'm in.

It’s good chicken, possibly the best in WDW. But that doesn’t make it the best ever.

I also found Trails End and Hoop to also be pretty good.

Seems to be good. The Attorney General is the one who filed the lawsuit, and he hasn't lost one yet in that role. So far, he's beat the Governor in all the pre-trial motions to delay the trial. Just hoping that the streak continues.

Promising, good luck.

tiger-burn-jpg.323108

Totally bored the last couple of days so going to visit a friend for lunch today.

The kid made it safely back to shore from week 1. They caught a number of sharks but were limited by storms. One day they just had to secure the boat and mostly stay below deck.

View attachment 323108

Shark burn, who knew? Who ever said this place was educational?

My first thought though was this:

Thursday @ 8:15 AM. I'm ready to call it now.

I also found Trails End and Hoop to also be pretty good.

Trail's End was one of the best buffets on Disney property, and I nice boat ride to get there.

]

I've never said that. I've leaurned how to speak Canadian and how to translate English into American. Let's not forget about those temperature conversion models either. :lmao:

Trail's End was one of the best buffets on Disney property, and I nice boat ride to get there.
I had originally planned on going to trail's end back in February, but the plans changed when I found out yehaa Bob was playing the same night we were slated to go there. I had heard/read it was the best buffet on property or maybe the best bang for your buck buffet. I have to go back and look at my ADRs for Sep trip...can't remember if I booked it or not this trip.

He said Federal Civil Servant. " snicker "

Hi Dave!

At my old job I had a weekly update meeting at 8:00am every Tuesday with the Ops Director, Head of Security and the Head of logistics. Accompanied by Bacon rolls, Coffee and St John's Bakery doughnuts from the food hall. I really miss that meeting. We used to talk about football for about half of the meeting and then go through a few dates and moans about the construction noise I was making.

They hiring????

View attachment 323108

Looks more like she's been trying to sharpen a shiv against her forearm. Psycho.

Mornin everyone.
Enjoying a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, and a Mickey waffle.

No, not at Disney, an Eggo Mickey waffle. That's as close to a Disney breakfast I'm getting for at least 2 more years

They do exactly that. She loves it when I do the doll's eye line. Not.

My first thought though was this:

I thought that was just a myth. Huh!

Good one Darcy.

Google, dermal denticles. Their skin is made out of teeth like things that can be a little nasty.

Yep, although I haven't been there in a while.

Looks more like she's been trying to sharpen a shiv against her forearm. Psycho.

Dead man walking here..

Only if I tell her Randall. Paul, for starters, send me a cashier's check for $2,000 and you may live a little longer.

Mornin everyone.
Enjoying a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, and a Mickey waffle.

No, not at Disney, an Eggo Mickey waffle. That's as close to a Disney breakfast I'm getting for at least 2 more years

You instantly made me hungry. Sorry the trip is so far away.

It's Wednesday. Still limping, but able to move a little better. Maybe my knee will be healed enough for WDW. Been taking the Hemp drops and rubbing salve into my knee. I don't know if it's working or not, but maybe it's giving me hope.

Norm, sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Hope it heals in time and make sure you have enough medication around the house for the weekend.

Thursday @ 8:15 AM. I'm ready to call it now.

Shhhhhhhh... Don't tell the boss or Dan but I am sneaking out early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter