DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I didn't say all the way to WDW. ;)

That's another 7.5 hours past me.

Again, 8 hours with kids in the car feels like a whole lot longer.

Hey guys,

Wasted day today. To get the money from the Govm't I had to get a certified form from the County Clerks's office. FOUR FRIGGING HOURS LATER my number was called. Spent about 5 minutes in front of the clerk behind the cubical and done. Except I had to wait for the main office to fax it over. Another 30 minutes later I got out of there (They did wave the $7 fee. Came back to the house and the kid was sleeping on my couch. The mutt that I did not want was also here so I let him out. then to Williams-Sonoma for turkey brine seasoning. Starving I stopped at Red Robin for a take out burger. First time there and have to say tasty burger and steak fries.

Good get on the brine. Glad to hear your daughter made it safe. Sorry for the government wait and the mutt.

I did it!.

This is an 8+ foot female Bull Shark they reeled in and tagged. She could probably swallow the PP whole. You can see the kid likes her job.

View attachment 284459

She does seem happy. Getting paid and enjoying your work is a terrific idea. I wish i had thought if that.

Morning chaps, from a grey November East End.

To get the money from the Govm't I had to get a certified form from the County Clerks's office. FOUR FRIGGING HOURS LATER my number was called
Starving I stopped at Red Robin for a take out burger. First time there and have to say tasty burger and steak fries.
And yet it takes a nanosecond for them to take money from you. Never heard of Red Robin, I'll keep an eye out for it. PP looks like she's living the dream. It's lovely to see people really enjoy their jobs.
Sadly, it just is what it is
I bit the bullet this year and told my mum I'm not hosting any more for the hangers on who I only see once a year on Xmas Day. Not exaggerating mate, I've spent more time with you this year than I have with them. She kicked off for a bit, and now she's come round. Families......:sad2:

Happy Tuesday guys. The main thing on my plate today is to head to the ENT doctor to see if he can go anything about the ringing in my ears. Getting old is a bear but it beats the alternative.

I think they had 10 million or so they just wanted to throw away.

Nice menu, well half of it anyway.

Sounds good buddy. Apart from the rabbit food.

That portobello risotto dressing does sound good. I've been fixing fresh Brussel sprouts for DW, which almost makes them edible. Drop them in boiling water for a couple minutes, slice in half, roast in oven for 20 minutes with olive oil and salt & pepper. Cheesecake Factory has an excellent key lime cheesecake. I might try to figure that out one day.

Thanks for the support. Sadly, it just is what it is. I could handle it better if I was sitting in a beach condo the rest of the year.

CJ's meal would have to include a vegetarian Hot Pocket for his DD. As Jim Gaffigan says, the vegetarian Hot Pocket is "for those who won't want to eat meat, but would like diarrhea."

Thanks. Went shopping last night and most of the ingredients were bought except for a few things including the risotto rice. Nice play Shakespeare.

Now aren't you glad you watched? You got to see something new.

If you look at it that way, I guess so.

I hear their key lime pies are pretty good.

Better than some, not as good as others. It will do when you can't drive to the Key Lime Pie factory. Went traditional and got a pumpkin pie.

If you ever make it down my way, I'll make you a key lime cheesecake. I make a killer cheesecake and one of the (many) people at church loves it. Then I found out her favorite is key lime pie, so I made her a key lime cheesecake that she said was to die for. Since I made it for her and didn't have any myself, I can only take her word for it.

That sounds good.

Bit of an inside joke there. CJ met up with us in Miami over the summer and brought us a gift from Publix.

Really enjoyed meeting the clan. Things went well except Scotty wasn't in on the plan to steal the grilled chicken the family near us was cooking.

Busy week ahead up here. DS has a basketball game tomorrow night and I'm spending the week finishing up everything we need for our annual conference, AGM and awards dinner. To top it off DS has their home tournament Friday through Sunday and I'm hoping they are playing late Sunday so I don't have to miss the whole thing.

See, you have your Thanksgiving the wrong time of the year. If it was this week, you would have an easier schedule.

We have gherkins here as well which are a sweet pickle. They are quite delicious. I've never just put them on turkey. I've chopped them up to include in egg salad sandwich.

British section of the supermarket? You don't know Kentucky. Our international aisle consists of tortillas and fajita seasoning. :lmao:

On the gherkins front, you just have them on the side. Maybe some pickled cabbage as well.

On the Branston, if I get you in Secret Santa, that's what you're getting.
And I'm looking at kentucky real estate to open a British shop.

My local Publix has an international aisle and a small section dedicated to the mother country. No Gherkins but plenty of baked beans. What is with you guys with baked beans with breakfast? Took a couple of pictures but they are too large to upload. Need to figure that out.

Looks like it. Cool for PP. Sorry for you the mutt is back too.

Good get on the brine. Glad to hear your daughter made it safe. Sorry for the government wait and the mutt.

She does seem happy. Getting paid and enjoying your work is a terrific idea. I wish i had thought if that.

Unfortunately she is a Grad Student and they are free labor. She is having fun though.

And yet it takes a nanosecond for them to take money from you. Never heard of Red Robin, I'll keep an eye out for it. PP looks like she's living the dream. It's lovely to see people really enjoy their jobs.

It was a pretty good burger. Have a meeting Dec. 1 with the Govm't and will hopefully get the check in process.

I bit the bullet this year and told my mum I'm not hosting any more for the hangers on who I only see once a year on Xmas Day. Not exaggerating mate, I've spent more time with you this year than I have with them. She kicked off for a bit, and now she's come round. Families......:sad2:

Yea, families.

Happy Tuesday. Work lunch today for our annual Christmas celebration. Everyone is scheduled weird in December, so this is our one and only chance. Pizza buffet and $10 dirty Santa.

I did that several years back. We NEVER have any contact with DW's brother or his family, except the obligatory holiday get togethers (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving) and funerals. They live less than 5 miles from our house. Add in a few more visits for divorced MIL & FIL who visit my kids on their birthdays. I used to cook the Thanksgiving dinner and have them all over at the house. MIL would bring some food over to compete with me, but i didn't care. I would put a heater and carpet remnants in the garage and move the cars out on the street to give the kids room to play. But, it just became so obnoxious with them not contributing or even picking up their trash after eating that I just said enough. Now, we have to drive over to MIL and FIL's sister's house, because divorced parents means you get double hell on holidays. Once it is bad enough, I usually respond to something they say with "I'm working two jobs since we don't get a free house". That usually ends the drudgery, until he have to do it all over again at the next outlaw.

It will never end.

Unfortunately she is a Grad Student and they are free labor. She is having fun though.

That's right. But doesn't she get paid for a scuba diving job? I guess that's close.

Have a meeting Dec. 1 with the Govm't and will hopefully get the check in process.
Now you have the brain trust running the place, they'll probably offer you half of what they owe and dare you to sue them for the full amount. That's what his empire was built on......
I did that several years back. We NEVER have any contact with DW's brother or his family, except the obligatory holiday get togethers (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving) and funerals.
Yeah, I've now managed to snick it down to one night "in the Xmas period". I'll slowly ease them out. I really want to enjoy my Mum and see her enjoy the kids, and all that happens is my mum gets nervous I'm gonna kick off and tell them to do one, as like you it seems, I appear to be on the planet to serve them on Christmas Day. Once one of them held up his glass and tapped it, indicating that I hadn't filled it up quick enough. I've never seen my mum move so fast to get between me and someone. I wanted to take her away this year, as its the year after her sister died (she died on Xmas eve last year). But then I came up with the cunning plan to start to pull away from the ponces and then go on holiday in the next couple of years. Let's see how it pans out. We figured if we didn't stop it this year, it would be like this for the foreseeable future.

Now you have the brain trust running the place, they'll probably offer you half of what they owe and dare you to sue them for the full amount. That's what his empire was built on......

Yeah, I've now managed to snick it down to one night "in the Xmas period". I'll slowly ease them out. I really want to enjoy my Mum and see her enjoy the kids, and all that happens is my mum gets nervous I'm gonna kick off and tell them to do one, as like you it seems, I appear to be on the planet to serve them on Christmas Day. Once one of them held up his glass and tapped it, indicating that I hadn't filled it up quick enough. I've never seen my mum move so fast to get between me and someone. I wanted to take her away this year, as its the year after her sister died (she died on Xmas eve last year). But then I came up with the cunning plan to start to pull away from the ponces and then go on holiday in the next couple of years. Let's see how it pans out. We figured if we didn't stop it this year, it would be like this for the foreseeable future.

It's terrific your wife goes for it. I've offered to take my family on vacation over the holidays to get out of spending time with them. She still doesn't want to. If i offer too far out, then they just move the holiday to the weekend before so I would still have to suffer it.

What is with you guys with baked beans with breakfast?
:rotfl: Yeah, because potatoes, bell peppers and onions should form a part of a nutritious start of the day.
And don't even get me started on the "breakfast burrito". Or a "croissandwich".
Saying that, not a huge fan of beans with breakfast. The curly haired ninja inhales beans on toast.

:rotfl: Yeah, because potatoes, bell peppers and onions should form a part of a nutritious start of the day.
Saying that, not a huge fan of beans with breakfast. The curly haired ninja inhales beans on toast.

I would take the baked beans for breakfast over the grey stuff they call grits any day!

Back from the ENT guy. As expected, I have Tinnitus which is a ringing in the ears. There is some hearing degradation in both ears at the higher pitch range but more in the left one. And there is not a dam thing they can do about it. The one bonus is there was a Whole Foods next door so got the rest of the vittles. Will start making stock tonight.

That's right. But doesn't she get paid for a scuba diving job? I guess that's close.

The diving survey is finished and they haven't called her back yet. She does work in a lab and gets $10 an hour to do that.

Now you have the brain trust running the place, they'll probably offer you half of what they owe and dare you to sue them for the full amount.

It would be hard for them to dispute it but you never know.

Hey, watch it Bub. There are a number ways to make roasted potatoes and when done well, they are tasty. Cracker Barrel makes a has potato casserole that is great. Perfect way to sop up the yoke from over easy eggs. Now I'm hungry.

I would take the baked beans for breakfast over the grey stuff they call grits any day!

Second that, hate that stuff. My mother was a Southerner and when we traveled (tough to get grits in upstate NY), she always had grits with breakfast. For years, my dad would make fun of them. My younger brother was the first to mutiny. Took my dad out to breakfast one time when he was older and he ordered grits with his eggs. Never saw him in the same light ever again.

If they're grey... then it ain't grits.
(and if you add anything sweet to them, that's also a mortal sin)

While grits are decent enough for breakfast,
they're far better with something savory mixed in and served for diner.

Still a grits virgin. May take the plunge in Georgia.
Depending on the restaurant, that'll probably do, but better to get them in Charleston.
Better still, have a bowl of the stuff from my wife's kitchen (those bad boys are some seriously good eats)

Depending on the restaurant, that'll probably do, but better to get them in Charleston.
Better still, have a bowl of the stuff from my wife's kitchen (those bad boys are some seriously good eats)
You're the local, I'm at Asheville, Charleston, Savannah and Jekyll Island. I'll take your advice and try them there and send you a photo.

You're the local, I'm at Asheville, Charleston, Savannah and Jekyll Island. I'll take your advice and try them there and send you a photo.
Don't know whether you'll be a convert or one of those that tosses them across the room, but it sound like a plan. For the complete "Low Country" experience, try the Shrimp and Grits for either dinner or supper just once.
in Charleston, I'd recommend either The Hominy Grill (if your willing to brave the queue) or the Early Bird Dinner (and while you're at the dinner, one of ya' could consider the chicken and waffles while your at it)

Don't know whether you'll be a convert or one of those that tosses them across the room, but it sound like a plan. For the complete "Low Country" experience, try the Shrimp and Grits for either dinner or supper just once.
in Charleston, I'd recommend either The Hominy Grill (if your willing to brave the queue) or the Early Bird Dinner (and while you're at the dinner, one of ya' could consider the chicken and waffles while your at it)
They both look awesome. Cheers mate.

It's hard to go wrong with scrambled eggs on tortillas or croissant anything. Those French sure do know how to make butter layered awesomeness.

Back from the ENT guy. As expected, I have Tinnitus which is a ringing in the ears. There is some hearing degradation in both ears at the higher pitch range but more in the left one. And there is not a dam thing they can do about it.

They say that happens when you get old.

Still a grits virgin. May take the plunge in Georgia.

Don't look for the cherry. :scared1: :lmao:

If they're grey... then it ain't grits.
(and if you add anything sweet to them, that's also a mortal sin)

While grits are decent enough for breakfast,
they're far better with something savory mixed in and served for diner.

A good bowl of plain grits for breakfast is a great start to the day. I still like the menu from My Cousin Vinny with Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner and the whole grits explanation and later cross examination.

Chicken n Waffles are good, but Shrimp n grits for dinner is even better.

Well today was an interesting day. DS had a basketball game tonight against one of the top AA teams in the province. They won by 23 but it wasn't a very exciting game, they played well but that's it. Before the game I was staying late at the office getting stuff done for the weekend and DW called me to say she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42075660/canada-flight-delay-turns-into-mass-singalong
Jeff?

she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!
Deer casserole for dinner then? If he's dinked your motor I think that's the least you can get out of it.

Morning boys from a clear and red sky London. DS sleepwalked last night, got his full uniform on whilst still asleep and went back to bed.o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!