DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy pre-Thanksgivng day guys. Lots of cooking today. Potatoes to be peeled and mashed, onions, celery and mushrooms to be chopped, turkey to be brined and risotto to be made. All the sides will be made today, placed in a pan to be reheated tomorrow. The Pirate Princess will be over sometime today but will be of no help. Seems she caught a bug and is down for the count.

Well today was an interesting day. DS had a basketball game tonight against one of the top AA teams in the province. They won by 23 but it wasn't a very exciting game, they played well but that's it. Before the game I was staying late at the office getting stuff done for the weekend and DW called me to say she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!

Ouch. Glad she is OK. Good luck to your DS on the basketball game today.

Morning boys from a clear and red sky London. DS sleepwalked last night, got his full uniform on whilst still asleep and went back to bed.o_O

Does that happen often? Guess it is better than the Ninja sleepwalking. Who knows what havoc that could cause.

Mark, happy birthday! May your family shower you with all the praise and lavish gifts you deserve.

Have a good one guys

Happy pre-Thanksgivng day guys. Lots of cooking today. Potatoes to be peeled and mashed, onions, celery and mushrooms to be chopped, turkey to be brined and risotto to be made. All the sides will be made today, placed in a pan to be reheated tomorrow.
I'm bracing myself for a couple of days of food envy.......keep the updates coming. Best to PP, hope she recovers. tell her its all that salad she's eating.

Does that happen often? Guess it is better than the Ninja sleepwalking. Who knows what havoc that could cause.

:rotfl:Every cloud has a silver lining.........he sleepwalks quite a bit. He's done it since he was just under 2, when he jumped the door gate and out of his cot and stood at the end of our bed, staring. Scared the living daylights out of us. He's set the downstairs alarms off about 15 times. And pee'd in the Lady Katharine's wardrobe. We have to take the keys out of the door just in case

She has come out of school every day this week and told me she hasn't clocked anyone, so my little chat with her seems to have taken hold. I trod a bit lightly because I want her to stand up for herself. I know some won't agree, but my rule to them is, I will back them to the hilt if someone has hit them first.

Happy Wednesday. Today begins Day 1 of the three outlaw visit tour, and there is no chance the extraction team can help. You all make it a great day.

Well today was an interesting day. DS had a basketball game tonight against one of the top AA teams in the province. They won by 23 but it wasn't a very exciting game, they played well but that's it. Before the game I was staying late at the office getting stuff done for the weekend and DW called me to say she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!

Glad she is ok. Stupid deer needs his driver's license taken away. :sad2:

Happy pre-Thanksgivng day guys. Lots of cooking today. Potatoes to be peeled and mashed, onions, celery and mushrooms to be chopped, turkey to be brined and risotto to be made. All the sides will be made today, placed in a pan to be reheated tomorrow. The Pirate Princess will be over sometime today but will be of no help. Seems she caught a bug and is down for the count.

Hope she doesn't bring the sick bug to your house.

Every cloud has a silver lining.........he sleepwalks quite a bit. He's done it since he was just under 2, when he jumped the door gate and out of his cot and stood at the end of our bed, staring. Scared the living daylights out of us. He's set the downstairs alarms off about 15 times. And pee'd in the Lady Katharine's wardrobe. We have to take the keys out of the door just in case

She has come out of school every day this week and told me she hasn't clocked anyone, so my little chat with her seems to have taken hold. I trod a bit lightly because I want her to stand up for herself. I know some won't agree, but my rule to them is, I will back them to the hilt if someone has hit them first.

I taught my kids to hit back as well. There is a difference between fighting back and going home to recruit friends and plan a revenge attack.

Sleepwalking runs in families. Both my FIL, DW, and youngest dd all are sleepwalkers/ talkers to varying degrees. It is interesting sometimes.

Deer casserole for dinner then? If he's dinked your motor I think that's the least you can get out of it.

Ouch. Glad she is OK.

Glad she is ok. Stupid deer needs his driver's license taken away. :sad2:

No casserole or license revoked, the little spike horn got away. Luckily everything is covered except the $250 deductible and there will be no hit on the insurance.

The damage was minor but I'm sure the cost of that plastic bumper will be 1/10th the price of the car.

car.jpg car1.jpg

Welcome to hump day, for some of us anyway. Most of you will have the next couple days off I suppose. When is the work holiday? Is it Thursday or Friday or both?

What is with you guys with baked beans with breakfast?
And don't even get me started on the "breakfast burrito". Or a "croissandwich".
Saying that, not a huge fan of beans with breakfast. The curly haired ninja inhales beans on toast.
I would take the baked beans for breakfast over the grey stuff they call grits any day!
I cannot say I've ever had a breakfast burrito or croissandwich. Nor have I had grits, but I have always been intrigued by such an exotic thing and should try them one day.
I have however had a proper Full English breakfast and while I don't care for the fried tomatoes first thing in the morning, I do like the baked beans.

Back from the ENT guy. As expected, I have Tinnitus which is a ringing in the ears. There is some hearing degradation in both ears at the higher pitch range but more in the left one. And there is not a dam thing they can do about it.
Too bad nothing can be done about it.

Before the game I was staying late at the office getting stuff done for the weekend and DW called me to say she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!
Good to hear she's OK. At least it wasn't a moose, I suppose. Not a cheap repair I expect.

Haha. Yes, I saw that. Didn't realize it made international news! I can't say I've ever experienced something like that, but it's not terribly surprising when you get a bunch of Newfoundlanders in the same place.
Did you watch the video? One of the songs they sing is "Aunt Martha's Sheep" which was written by Dick Nolan - he is DW's cousin, her grandmother's first cousin. Small world.

Tricky waters to navigate there. As someone with a daughter, I also think it's important to teach them to stand up for themselves, and as you say definitely if they have been hit first.

‘Morning all…

A Happy Birthday to Mark and may everyone that’s doing the holiday thing this weekend have as easy a next few days as possible.

Our local High School band will be performing tomorrow as part of the Macy’s Parade. This will be the second time the school has sent a group up there. The last time they went my boy was part of the band so we got to tag along (well, actually we were among the volunteer workers but still). That was an adventure and one of the major memories from his school days.

Oddly, it was while we were away on that trip that the “thread that shall not be named” got deleted. What say we don’t repeat that particular performance?

DW called me to say she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!
On the up side, it didn’t come through the windshield.
Sorry you having to deal with the damage.

Deer casserole for dinner then? I
Deer Stew would be good.
Venison steaks would be even better.

DS sleepwalked last night, got his full uniform on whilst still asleep and went back to bed.o_O
He must subconsciously enjoy school, then.
If I sleepwalked at that age I’d likely have set fire to my books given how much I enjoyed being in school.

Lots of cooking today. Potatoes to be peeled and mashed, onions, celery and mushrooms to be chopped, turkey to be brined and risotto to be made. All the sides will be made today, placed in a pan to be reheated tomorrow. The Pirate Princess will be over sometime today but will be of no help. Seems she caught a bug and is down for the count.
Enjoy the kitchen time. The menu sounds right tasty (for one of you at least)

Sorry the kid caught the bug.
She should stick to catching sharks.
They seem to give her considerably less trouble.

Mark, happy birthday! May your family shower you with all the praise and lavish gifts you deserve.
Deserve? o_O

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I'm bracing myself for a couple of days of food envy...
We’re not cooking at all, but going out instead.
Now this weekend, will be a different story, but that’s just for us rather than for the holiday.

Today begins Day 1 of the three outlaw visit tour, and there is no chance the extraction team can help.
May you have easy access to as much booze as possible.
And may the time go by as quickly as possible until you can just be with the family that matters.

Welcome to hump day, for some of us anyway. Most of you will have the next couple days off I suppose. When is the work holiday? Is it Thursday or Friday or both?
US Thanksgiving is officially the third Thursday of November.
A number of businesses also offer up the Friday as a holiday (like mine), but it ain’t a universal perk (like where my DW works).

My local Publix has an international aisle and a small section dedicated to the mother country. No Gherkins but plenty of baked beans. What is with you guys with baked beans with breakfast?

Who knew the mother country was responsible for dietary habits in the old west?

Again, 8 hours with kids in the car feels like a whole lot longer.

And yet, we keep doing it to ourselves.

Getting paid and enjoying your work is a terrific idea. I wish i had thought if that.

Usually it's a choice between one or the other.

I bit the bullet this year and told my mum I'm not hosting any more for the hangers on who I only see once a year on Xmas Day.

Going with the nuclear option. No turning back now!

Really enjoyed meeting the clan. Things went well except Scotty wasn't in on the plan to steal the grilled chicken the family near us was cooking.

Should have asked Sarah. She would have done it.

Saying that, not a huge fan of beans with breakfast. The curly haired ninja inhales beans on toast.

Me neither, although I should note that I hear beans are good for your heart.

n Charleston, I'd recommend either The Hominy Grill (if your willing to brave the queue) or the Early Bird Dinner (and while you're at the dinner, one of ya' could consider the chicken and waffles while your at it)

Just introduced our buddy @pkondz to chicken & waffles last night, as a matter of fact. He said he liked it.

DW called me to say she was hit by a deer on the way home. She's OK but the Tuscon will be needing a new front bumper. Good times!

Yikes. Glad she's ok!

Happy Birthday Mark!!!
:bday::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1party:

Thank you, sir!

Thank you, CJ! Although I pray every day that I never get what I deserve.

A Happy Birthday to Mark and may everyone that’s doing the holiday thing this weekend have as easy a next few days as possible.

Thanks, Rob!

Our local High School band will be performing tomorrow as part of the Macy’s Parade. This will be the second time the school has sent a group up there.

Cool! I enjoyed the photos/report last time around.

Yep, that was my thought too!

You're welcome. Particularly for the Blazing Saddles scene.
I'd say ya' had enough...

Just introduced our buddy @pkondz to chicken & waffles last night, as a matter of fact. He said he liked it.
So...
Were you in Orlando, or was Ponzie traveling back to Winnipeg by way of Delaware?

Cool! I enjoyed the photos/report last time around.
That was quite the adventure.
I've been doing a lot of eye-rolling and snickering at the posts from the group that are up there this time.

Usually it's a choice between one or the other.
Truth...

Harsh truth (in fact)...

Harsh indeed...

So...
Were you in Orlando, or was Ponzie traveling back to Winnipeg by way of Delaware?

He was flying back to Winnipeg and had a long layover in Dulles. We met halfway. Besides chicken & waffles, he also got to experience the joyous bliss that is the D.C. Beltway at rush hour.

He was flying back to Winnipeg and had a long layover in Dulles. We met halfway. Besides chicken & waffles, he also got to experience the joyous bliss that is the D.C. Beltway at rush hour.
Ahhhh...
Having also experienced LA during the rush, I'll be interested in hearing his comparison of the two.
Good that you got to show him around a bit of DC, too bad there wasn't enough time to also drop by the Udvar-Hazy since he was already at Dulles anyway.

Ahhhh...
Having also experienced LA during the rush, I'll be interested in hearing his comparison of the two.
Good that you got to show him around a bit of DC, too bad there wasn't enough time to also drop by the Udvar-Hazy since he was already at Dulles anyway.

Actually, he did stop there. Glad he could make it! But I think that's what set him back on travel time. We met up in Annapolis.

Turkey is in the brine, risotto made, garlic bulb roasted and just waiting for the kid to get here so she can peel potatoes. I hate peeling potatoes. Both the risottos taste great, even the vegetarian one. I can't wait.

:rotfl:Every cloud has a silver lining.........he sleepwalks quite a bit. He's done it since he was just under 2, when he jumped the door gate and out of his cot and stood at the end of our bed, staring. Scared the living daylights out of us. He's set the downstairs alarms off about 15 times. And pee'd in the Lady Katharine's wardrobe. We have to take the keys out of the door just in case.

Wow on the sleepwalker. My wife used to talk in her sleep and even got into arguments but she didn't get out of bed. Tough line to walk with the Ninja. Since mine was young she stood up for herself and others, just like your daughter is doing. Fortunately she had (and still has) her father's sarcastic sense of humor and her mother's caustic tongue. Reduced many of her classmates to a curled up, sobbing ball laying in the corner of the classroom.

Happy Wednesday. Today begins Day 1 of the three outlaw visit tour, and there is no chance the extraction team can help. You all make it a great day.

Our solidarity is with you as you plow on with the relatives. May the bourbon freely flow.

Hope she doesn't bring the sick bug to your house.

She is feeling a bit better but I am weary of her giving it to me. She better not.

The damage was minor but I'm sure the cost of that plastic bumper will be 1/10th the price of the car.

That isn't minor. Luckily in Florida our wild critters are close to the ground so we just run over them.

Too bad nothing can be done about it.

The Dr.'s big suggestion is to get a white noice machine for sleeping. Thanks a lot. Not life threatening but it is annoying.

Our local High School band will be performing tomorrow as part of the Macy’s Parade. This will be the second time the school has sent a group up there. The last time they went my boy was part of the band so we got to tag along (well, actually we were among the volunteer workers but still). That was an adventure and one of the major memories from his school days.

Oddly, it was while we were away on that trip that the “thread that shall not be named” got deleted. What say we don’t repeat that particular performance?

I remember that trip, you guys seemed to have an exciting time. Will look out for this years addition in the parade. Funny, I saw a show on PBS a couple of days ago about a band down here that was selected for the parade and an attorney who was a clown. The band kids, teachers and parents sure put in a lot of work.

Should have asked Sarah. She would have done it.

She should have volunteered and why didn't you speak up? That chicken smelled good.

Thank you, CJ! Although I pray every day that I never get what I deserve.

As it was intended.

Last edited:
Just reminded by the news that this is the anniversary of President Kennedy's assassination. Sad day in America.

Made it home from my parents and the first Thanksgiving. Two outlaw visita tomorrow.

No casserole or license revoked, the little spike horn got away. Luckily everything is covered except the $250 deductible and there will be

That's a big enough hit. Again, glad she is ok.

).

Would like to go to a Macy's parade one year. They look fun on the tv. And, i do enjoy a good marching band.

That isn't minor. Luckily in Florida our wild critters are close to the ground so we just run over them.

DW told a story about coworker's wife who had went to Florida on a girls trip with some friends. Somehow, a truck hit an alligator, knocking it up in the air, right in front of their SUV and she ran over it. Tore the bottom of the SUV out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!