DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

For those of you not in the Facebook group, one of our brothers passed away suddenly today. bdoyledimou (Bern Doyle-Dimou) lived in the Toronto area.

RIP Bern, you will be missed.

I plan on toasting our friend this evening if you would like to join with me.

For Bern!

13934858_10153658097250684_5025973212336818484_n.jpg

Prayers for his family.

Never met the gentleman, but he was a club member.

Cognac-Glass.jpg

Farewell and God speed.

Happy Saturday afternoon. Played tennis again this AM and my mixed doubles squad went 1-2 again this week. Woman's Olympic water polo here. DW and the girls out shopping, and I'm enjoying the quiet of home.

For those of you not in the Facebook group, one of our brothers passed away suddenly today. bdoyledimou (Bern Doyle-Dimou) lived in the Toronto area.

Saw that on FB. Prayers for him and his family.

Happy Saturday afternoon. Played tennis again this AM and my mixed doubles squad went 1-2 again this week. Woman's Olympic water polo here. DW and the girls out shopping, and I'm enjoying the quiet of home.

Clearly you need some new partners. ;)

3 hours! 3 hours to Disney Time! No more work for 17 days! :cool1:

Safe travels and have a blast.

Happy Friday to those looking forward to the weekend. It's supposed to be in the 90's here until Tuesday with high humidity, so that'll put the heat index up into triple digits, and the natives will all be restless.

Even down here where people are used to the heat, you can get in trouble quickly. Hope it cooled down by now.

And the lines are not bad at all.

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Happy Saturday afternoon. Played tennis again this AM and my mixed doubles squad went 1-2 again this week.

Clearly you need some new partners. ;)

What he said. That is if your partner is not saying the same thing.

Top O thr Mornin Dads! Had a nice dinner here in Chattanooga for DWs bday. About to go grab some breakfast and then start the move in process. Here's hoping the elevators are working. Have a good Sunday.

Morning chaps, from a very early Orlando. True to form, the kids woke up at 0445. I don't know what it is but every year I forget what a shocking piece of civil design Orlando airport is for internationals.
Good to hear you arrived. Enjoy your visit, what's plan for today acclimate to time change and rest from the travel or hitting a park?

Top O thr Mornin Dads! Had a nice dinner here in Chattanooga for DWs bday. About to go grab some breakfast and then start the move in process. Here's hoping the elevators are working. Have a good Sunday.

Good to hear you arrived. Enjoy your visit, what's plan for today acclimate to time change and rest from the travel or hitting a park?
In the hotel this morning for Alice's breakfast in 1900, pool hang in the morning and then just the parade and tink in town square m&g. Then trying to meet Mick for a cheeky disdads meet....

Morning chaps, from a very early Orlando. True to form, the kids woke up at 0445. I don't know what it is but every year I forget what a shocking piece of civil design Orlando airport is for internationals.

Have fun stormin' the Castle.

Oh and Man U is winning this morning. Just scored again as I was typing this (3-0) Mata, Rooney and Zlantan

Happy Sunday. Hit the gym already this AM, baked some bread for the week, and then we will go over to our church for the Feast of the Assumption party. Hope to be able to get in some tennis today.

Taking a break from all the Olympic coverage but watching a classic. It's time for The Punisher!!

Not sure I would call the Punisher a classic, but it's not a bad movie.

In the hotel this morning for Alice's breakfast in 1900, pool hang in the morning and then just the parade and tink in town square m&g. Then trying to meet Mick for a cheeky disdads meet....

I like the 1900 Park Fare breakfast and interaction with Alice and Hatter. Make sure you post a picture of your disdad meet here if you have a chance.

Not sure I would call the Punisher a classic, but it's not a bad movie.

Come on, of course it's a classic. The t-shirt even shows up in the Toy Story movies.

Good luck on your tennis today. Watching the women's double final right now with a blast from the past playing in Martina Hingis.

Sunday afternoon check-in. The official temps have hit the mid-90's and the heat index is something silly like 107. I'm playing the boss role and hiding in my office as long as humanly possible, but I'll have to start rotating my guys off the water shortly so they can get a break. My wife just called to say we have two kid-shaped puddles on the floor where the kids were just playing a few minutes ago....and that's in the AC.

Come on, of course it's a classic. The t-shirt even shows up in the Toy Story movies.

Good luck on your tennis today. Watching the women's double final right now with a blast from the past playing in Martina Hingis.

Yes, the Punisher character/ comic/ story is classic. The movie itself - not the best one.

I read something about Martina Hingis having two tennis careers - singles the first time around and now in the doubles. I remember when all the good players did both singles & doubles, and wish they would return to do so. High level doubles is fun to watch and play.

Yes, the Punisher character/ comic/ story is classic. The movie itself - not the best one.

I read something about Martina Hingis having two tennis careers - singles the first time around and now in the doubles. I remember when all the good players did both singles & doubles, and wish they would return to do so. High level doubles is fun to watch and play.

Lots of classics are not exactly the best movies.

Trying to conserve energy and avoid the heat so I figured I ought to drop in over here while I’m basically vegetating. We had a thunder storm pop up out of nowhere a bit ago… it turned everything from an approximation of a pizza oven into the equivalent of the inside of a pot at a crab boil.

Gheeeezzeee…
Just plain nasty.
Thus the decision to do nothing for a while.

It includes weekends....not back until 30th August.
Its one of the perks of working over here, 7 weeks vacation is pretty standard.
I’m lucky for a US working stiff in that I get an incredible four whole weeks of vacation time.

But of course, I can’t take more than one week at a crack…
I’ll never receive any additional time per year regardless of my service…
They regularly discuss cutting it back to three (or less)…
The Mrs. only gets two weeks so I can’t take advantage of half of what it offered…

Like I said… excellent benefits for the US.

She has a long way to go before a career decision. Heck, diver certification could open up things as well. She has a female cousin who is a welder, and she is handling it well.
Well then I’ll not be worrying about her none.
Sounds like she’d be good to go.

Dear Lord…

I missed this till now.
Terribly sad news

Prayers for the family. I can’t even imagine the anguish of such a sudden loss.

DW and the girls out shopping, and I'm enjoying the quiet of home.
I like days like that.
It’s about the only time that the house is ever quiet (even with the boy off at school).

Lots of classics are not exactly the best movies.
I’ll have to agree with that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest