DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning folks.

Maybe… juuuuust maybe… I can take my bike out for the first time this year.

Evening Gents.

We are under a tornado watch here for the next few hours. Pretty rare event in these parts.

So far so good.
Never heard of them out in your neck of the woods. Heck we don’t see many out here.
I can vouch for this. Wurst is the best.
::yes::
Well we woke up this morning and I don't see any little people or a yellow brick road so I guess we are all OK.
Crisis averted.
Happy Victoria Day all!
Right back atcha.

I plan to celebrate by going to work in a bit.
All Hail the Old Queen! 👸
:laughing:

Made it through Monday. Most of my staff is back which means I can get back to my own tasks rather than doing everyone elses.

The Kid just informed me she has a math test on Wednesday and needs me to review with her for the next two nights....

...and I thought I was done with high school math.

At lease her teacher was honest when one of her classmates asked when they would ever use polynomials and imaginary numbers. She said never 🤣.
As I explained to The Kid, it is one of the things no one uses but since we suffered through it, we make you suffer too. When she is older she can make the next generation suffer.

Happy Victoria Day to all the Dads North of the Border.
:wave:
Made it through Monday. Most of my staff is back which means I can get back to my own tasks rather than doing everyone elses.
Phew! Good.
The Kid just informed me she has a math test on Wednesday and needs me to review with her for the next two nights....

...and I thought I was done with high school math.
Ah yes... I went through that too.
At lease her teacher was honest when one of her classmates asked when they would ever use polynomials and imaginary numbers. She said never 🤣.
:laughing:

And... while we make the next generation suffer... they make us suffer too! Maybe we should just... stop.

Hey, Fellas! I know I have a few posts to catch up on, but hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to swing by and say hello, so, "Hello!" Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was a beautiful weekend here filled with gardening and outdoor activities with the family. Well, I'm off to do some studying. Have a good day, guys.

Actually, her school does have a life skills class which teaches things like taxes, bank accounts, credit cards, insurance and the like. The problem is that it doesn't count toward college entrance requirements.
This came up the other day. Someone commented that while schools could teach about taxes et al, how many kids are really going to care and/or pay attention to it when it doesn't apply to them yet?

This came up the other day. Someone commented that while schools could teach about taxes et al, how many kids are really going to care and/or pay attention to it when it doesn't apply to them yet?
Probably more than paying attention to math they’re never going to use…

The Kid said the same thing.

Actually, her school does have a life skills class which teaches things like taxes, bank accounts, credit cards, insurance and the like. The problem is that it doesn't count toward college entrance requirements.

Sometimes when i look at the tax forms I think knowing more about imaginary numbers really would help after all.

Morning, Gents! Spent my day at a small, and slow, Neurology office yesterday. Normally I use that time to help that office get caught up on on back logged scheduling. Yesterday? I spent it going through online mandatory annual training. And let me tell you, that was some interesting reading right there. :rolleyes: At least I got it done. Today I'll be at the busy Neurology office, so the day will go by quicker. My DD's school has their concert tonight, so my DW and DD will in that. The Mrs. has asked me to take my camera and video record it. I said yes. I mean, can I really ever say no? Nope, gotta say yes.

So I have decided to start planning my Disney World trip again, I figured I've been upset over it long enough. The Mrs. and I have talked about taking out DD to Disney in the past, and that conversation will come up again, I'm sure, so I figured I'll be prepared for it and when the conversation does happen. Of course, when the conversation does happen I'll throw the DW's comment of "....while I'll be miserable." back in her face, though I'll do it from a distance, and from around a corner so she can't throw something at me. That comment does have to be addressed. Don't worry, I won't be a jerk about it. Anyways, because of some of the suggestions made by you guys, I've been thinking of ideas on what to outside of Disney. Kennedy Space Center is only an hour away, which isn't bad, so a major thing on the list of things to do. Anyways, I gotta run. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Spent mine in Fargo, ND... so... dull. :laughing:

Wasn't there a movie called Fargo? Surely they had some awesome tourist areas for you to see? :teeth:

The Kid said the same thing.

I took a class like this in high school, they called it "General Math," and while I did pretty good in it, I really suck at math, I didn't remember any of it after I got out of school. So...did I pay attention in class? Sure, but juuuuuussssssst enough to pass.

Morning, all...

Work... yay...

As you were.

Wasn't there a movie called Fargo? Surely they had some awesome tourist areas for you to see? :teeth:
They actually do have the original movie chipper prop, complete with feet sticking out.
I haven't bothered to go see it, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter