DCL newbie who has a few questions...

Vwdiva93

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My best friend and I are possibly going on the cruise but we have a few questions...
First, where is the cruise actually going? I can't seem to find the destination anywhere:confused3
Second, my best friend will be 18 before the cruise leaves, but I'll only be 17. She would have to be my legal guardian, but the DCL says that minors under 18 have to be accompanied by an adult whose 21...Is there any way around this? I'm praying that they'd let us go since she will be an adult technically and my parents would give her the power of attorney, so she would be my legal guardian during the cruise.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi VWDiva
Welcome:welcome:
I can answer where the Podcast Cruise 2.0 goes. It leaves from Port Canaveral on Day 1, Nassau in the Bahamas is Day 2, Castaway Cay (Disney's Private Island in the Bahamas) is Day 3, A day at Sea is Day 4.
If you want to look at the Itinerary you can look at the Disney Cruise website disneycruise.disney.go.com/ and select Cruises & Destinations, then Bahamas, then Bahamian Ports of Call.

The other question perhaps Tracy can answer she is the Dis expert about the PodCast Cruise

Hi everyone! My best friend and I are possibly going on the cruise but we have a few questions...
First, where is the cruise actually going? I can't seem to find the destination anywhere:confused3
Second, my best friend will be 18 before the cruise leaves, but I'll only be 17. She would have to be my legal guardian, but the DCL says that minors under 18 have to be accompanied by an adult whose 21...Is there any way around this? I'm praying that they'd let us go since she will be an adult technically and my parents would give her the power of attorney, so she would be my legal guardian during the cruise.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way around this. Disney does not allow you to have a room with an 18 and 17 year old even if they are traveling with their parents in a connecting room. The only exception is a parent who is under 21 who is bringing their minor child (like a 20 year old bringing their 1 year old baby), but even that is difficult to override the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter