Darling Disney Divas with a magical Surprise!!!

tinkgirl26

Mouseketeer

Ok well here we go, my first posting wish me luck :). Hi all my name is Kathryn i am 26 year old Disney fan with an up coming trip to Walt Disney World. Let me take a min. right now to introduce you to our energetic cast. :cool1:

First off is Me...HI me, as you guess i am a disney fan and fave. character is Tink

Then we have my Tante (aunt) Martha...she has come along with me on most my disney trips since i was little we have been disney buddies. She is a villans fan, ursala being her favorite

Up next is little miss Emily (8). She is adopted from china and is a HUGE disney fan. Currently her fave character is Sleeping Beauty

Finally we have little Miss Mia (2), She is adopted from Guatemala and loves all things disney....yay....she had a great first trip and hoping for a great second one her favorite character is Ariel.

So there is our cast of characters for this upcoming adventure. :dance3:. Sometimes i wonder through with a fun loving energetic aunt and two very energetic little ones what i have gotten myself into:confused3 haha. :rotfl2:

So lets get to the good stuff now!! Our trip!!popcorn::

We are all booked and ready to go now but sadly we have to wait. So back in December i had foot surgery and was laid up for just about two months:headache:...how boring...to help pass the time and get my tante (aunt) Martha and i out of our winter blahs in Michigan we looked up all things disney. Well T. Martha LOVES :love: LOVES to plan fake vacations. So one of the times i was home chillin since that is all i did after surgery i got a voicemail from Martha saying she was looking at all things disney. I figured oh here we go again, i walk downstairs and tell my mom...i think martha planned us another fake vacation to disney for us, i just dont feel like doing that today, and my mom was like of well martha is on her way over...so i was like well i won't call her then. So Tante Martha comes over and Tells me that she planned a trip to disney and called and booked it! :yay::woohoo::thumbsup2. I was SHOCKED!!!:cool1: But even more than that i was pummed that yes, we were going to disney and to have something to look forward to while i recovered!!! :cheer2:

So here are the Details:

We are going April 30-May 8 and staying at Coronado Springs :woohoo:

I have always wanted to stay at Coronado Springs, but my dear Tante Martha wasnt sure about it but then after some research and reading how great it was, how great the buses and how empty the buses are she was pretty much sold. :cloud9: So yay we booked there.

Ok well off to work...up next where to go eat? Did we find a flight? Are we going to tell emily? :rolleyes1

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:grouphug:

me
Image025.jpg

Tante Martha
DSCF1830.jpg

Emily
100_1371.jpg

Mia
100_1582.jpg

got everything set and have a few min before i actually leave so i though i should continue on with our PTR!

So when we last left off i got the surprise of all surpises that the the trip was actually booked:lovestruc and not just a pretend one this time!!! :cool1:

After we got online looked at all the stuff and were trying to decided wheater we should drive or fly. A lot of that was depending to the flight costs. Soooo i was left in charge of checking prices and seeing what i could find. Off i went to work on my computer :surfweb: With in 5 min or so i found round trips for about $140.00 per person!! we booked right away!! Couldn't pass on that price, and two free bags are included!! Oh yea thats what i am talking about!!:yay: So that made the decision really easy on driving or not :upsidedow

On to the decision on telling emily or not. Anyone have any guesses????

Take a guess and here are a few more pictures from our last trip!!:rotfl:

1900 park fare....emily dancing with cinderella
100_1385.jpg

Mia and i with the beast and belle
Image068.jpg

our poly princess
DSCF1935.jpg

Hollywood & Vine
DSCF1831.jpg

Alice and I
100_1381.jpg

Back again...boring day at the pool working...which i guess working in a pool a boring day is better than one that is filled with craziness and excitement...because being a lifeguarde too much excitement can be bad ;) Ok now that i am back time to get to the good stuff...my up coming trip to Disney....hip hip hoorah:cheer2:

So now the decision do we tell little miss emily???
100_1579.jpg

Well the grand decision is no we are going to try to surprise her. The hard part of this whole decision is trying to keep out mouths shut :chat: We have a few close calls i mean really close. I think there was one time where i almost spilled the beans big time but we were able to quickly recover and switch it. Luckily i am going to vegas in a few weeks so my slip ups for awhile were covered by saying it had to do with vegas etc. I am not very good at keeping my mouth shut at this :laughing: however i am improving..GO ME!! :woohoo:

DSCF1651.jpg

So as of now Miss Emily has no clue. :rolleyes1 To help with all of it Emily keeps asking if we can go to disney and so we keep telling her that maybe in the fall like Oct or Nov...she thinks that sounds great. THis way too we get the chance to talk about it without her actually knowing its happening wayyyyy sooner than she thought.:cutie: This also helps us get an idea of what Emily wants to do for ADR and stuff like that. So Emily in a round about way is helping with the planning process with out her even knowing. GO US! Tante Martha talked to her teacher at school to give her the heads up but told her that Emily will not know, the the grand planning on how we were going to pull this all off. I think we have the plan down now and here it is.......

Since graduating from WMU (go broncos!) and well a little before that i have been busy searching for a full time job :surfweb: One of the places i continue to search is disney (of course) for a job. so the Sunday before we leave T. Martha and the girls are going to come over for dinner, which is normal so nothing will be thought of it and i am going to ask martha for a ride to the airport, telling her that no one in my family is able to do it and i really just need a ride, Martha will give me a hard time about this so we will go back and fourth me begging and martha himming and hawing about helping me out and i will volunteer for her to use my car (better trunk space so it is the one we will take) so she wont use up her gas etc etc etc.:drive: So then martha will agree during this my mom will suggest that Martha take emily out for half a day so that she could keep martha company then martha emily and mia could go do something after so we are all set up. Emily will go to school for half a day then off to the airport for our 3:30 flight out of DTW set to land at MCO at 7:30 :yay:

DSCF1770.jpg

So once we get close to the parking lot martha is going to start going on and on about how she really wants to go to disney:laughing: SO we again will start bickering about it Finally an idea will pop magically into my head :idea: Why dont they just come with me. There is extra room in the hotel and they could just stay in the room with me and get the tickets and such once we are down there so then we will discuss then Martha will finally agree :upsidedow and we will tell emily to get the bags out of the trunk because we are going to disney!!!!! princess: Knowing my cousin it will be many questions about school about their stuff, about everything but i think we will get some huge smiles and :hug:. We will have to then assure here that it is all set and everything is taken care of. I think little miss mia will take it all in not knowing what to think seeing as she is so young she wont really be too sure what is going on :laughing: So off to the airport then for the four of us to start or magical surprise trip for the girlie girls!! Once we get to disney our next surprise for emily....what will it be??

DSCF1769.jpg

It will be the hotel Coronado Springs. She like me really wants to stay there so it should be another great surprise!! :cloud9:

Ok its getting late and i need to catch some zzzzzzzz's. Up tomorrow our dinning reservations with help from a former cm who helped us pick out some of our meals! Lots of new places for us.

Here is a 2008 pictures back from when disney had the pirate and princesss party pirate:princess: (bummed they dont have it anymore)

100_1086.jpg

and one from the HSM3 pep rally from last year
DSCF1783.jpg

Any fed back would be wonderful!! Would love to hear from other disney fans!!

Good morning DISers!! :coffee::wave2:

Ok when we last left off we were doing our grand scheem on how to fool Miss Emily and the efforts put forth as to not spill the beans:laughing:

So i only have a few quick min. before heading off to work to teach some kiddies so swim, but before i leave i wanted to get our dinning reservations up. Some are new to us and some are old time favorites here they are:

Saturday May 1st

Mickeys Backyard BBQ* ::MickeyMo

Sunday May 2nd

1900 park fare for dinner
DSCF0539.jpg

Monday May 3rd

Cape May Cafe* :goofy:
Breakfast

Tuesday May 4th

Hollywood and Vine
Breakfast

DSCF1829.jpg

Wednesday May 5th

Tony's Town Square * ;)
Lunch

Thursday May 6

Ohana
Breakfast*
100_0962.jpg

Friday May 7

Akerhaus Princess Breakfast
100_1080.jpg

Soo there we have it :thumbsup2

Now the ones with the * by them are new to us, we have done the ohana dinner but this will be our first time at the ohana breakfast.

What do you think? Love to hear reviews feed back or suggestions on our dinning selections?????

So we have this huge surprise for emily about going to disney. Well in the mail came a parent letter about emily's cheerleading, She has gotten into cheer this year and really enjoys it, :cheer2: But she has a cheer competition scheduled the day we are set to come back from disney. We can't tell her that she can't cheer in this competition because we will be in Disney because that would ruin our surprise and all our hard work on keeping out mouths shut:sad1::sad2::guilty: So now what to do!?!? Well we have mentioned to Emily that it might be nice to take a long weekend in may:confused: So if we say we planned it today and booked it, then when she goes to cheer tomorrow and finds out that they have a competition then we have a story to tell her about why she cant cheer without blowing our magical surprise:rotfl: But now where do we "book" a fake trip to:rolleyes1 So we decide on Williamsburg Virgina, if emily researches it there are some cool things and it would work perfect for a long weekend. So it has been discussed by my parents and Martha in front of Emily and from my understanding a fake booking of this fake trip has been made. whew :littleangel: Crisis adverted!! Now our magical surprise can stay one:banana::banana:She has no clue and i think she will be pretty shocked but then confused about the long weekend. She truly is a blonde at heart btw so she will probably ask if we are going to do both then :laughing: and it will take some time to explain the whole planning etc to her :upsidedow or she will totally just be shocked about disney and have hundreds of questions for us princess: But yea problem solved now back to fun planning stuff:woohoo:

Emily at her state cheer competition
IMG_0079.jpg

Good morning all:surfweb:

So Mia is over at my house today, she comes to my moms daycare and we are listening to the little mermaid cd right now, Her favorite!! Currently her favorite song is Poor unfourtunate Souls its soooo cute to watch. She is starting to learn the motions from watching the movie, when they start talking about using your body language she mimics ursala by placing her hands on her hips and moving them. Then when the spell is being done she has the motions and words down perfect!! Then she stands and sings along with Ariel...ahhhhh....ahhhh...ahhhh. I am really looking forward to take her to the little mermaid at HWS and Ariels Grotto. I have a feeling she will really love it!!!! She is getting ready and we are showing her all things disney to get her ready so now we are on to the lion king Music. Little miss Mia loves music!! For the longest time mama mia was her favorite movie she will watch it over and over and over again. lol...Is it time to go yet??? I am ready??? (plus i am sick of the cold, the sun is out which is a nice change but i am ready for warmer weather) again i am ready to leave now!!! hehe

Mia in disney last may
100_1245.jpg

Got the binder started up!!! I learned from my mom to keep everything in a binder, all the reservation # and confirmation numbers so its started. First page is our reservation # then our flight info then our ADR info then tips i have found about CSR the website by buzz2001 is awesome!! Then things we want to try that are new or new to us and finally other helpful hints as more stuff comes in we will add it to the binder, the binder stays with me b/c it is easier for me to hide and have the better hand writting (hehe). As I add i will rearrange layout etc. but everything goes into the binder and each gets its own protective page cover. This way the pages stay nice and all in one location and once we are in WDW we can keep it in the backpack and have all the information with us all the time. :) I am not usually this organized with stuff but when it comes to Disney i am....he he....So whats new in other peoples PTR? Any suggestions for me?? Have a good night!!!!

I am ready to go now!! I wish i could go!! Getting closer though...56 days 2 hours and 12 min until my flight leaves...not that i am a little bit excitied though!!!!:jumping1:

A funny Story from a past disney trip:

So when i was younger and i mentioned before my Tante Martha would come along with us to Disney. I think i had to be around 7ish years old and we were at a character breakfast and i knew that Martha :love:LOVED:love: Goofy:goofy: And i saw him apporaching behind her...
so i asked her "Tante Martha do you love goofy"
she replied "yes Kathryn i do love Goofy" and
i asked "Do you really really love him?"
she again said yes i do so then
i ask her "well tante Martha do you want to marry :bride: goofy?"
she answered "yes i would like to Marry goofy"
All of the sudden she got a tap tap tap on her shoulder and guess who it was...Goofy!!!

Well then Goofy had Tante Martha get down on her knee in front of the resturant and had to propose to him right there hehe...

I dont know if i have ever seen my aunts face turn so red. :flower3:. We of course took the picture of it then and had it blown up into a poster for her.

I have to say i was a good little stinker back then....haha

Looking forward to making more magical disney memories with her!!!

:laughing::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

ok later more trip stuff....

I'm enjoying your trip report!popcorn::

Good luck keeping the surprise from Emily! It will probably get harder as the weeks go by and you get more exctied. :goodvibes

I wish I could give my input on your ADRs, but the only one I've eaten at is Tony's. I don't remember if that's new for you or not, but it was only okay for me. The atmosphere was nice, but I should have ordered something else. I don't even remember what I had now. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more! Are you hopping? Have you ever seen the F&G Festival before or is this your first time?

I'm enjoying your trip report!popcorn::

Good luck keeping the surprise from Emily! It will probably get harder as the weeks go by and you get more exctied. :goodvibes

I wish I could give my input on your ADRs, but the only one I've eaten at is Tony's. I don't remember if that's new for you or not, but it was only okay for me. The atmosphere was nice, but I should have ordered something else. I don't even remember what I had now. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more! Are you hopping? Have you ever seen the F&G Festival before or is this your first time?

I am glad you are enjoying the report!!!:yay: I am having an absolute blast writing it!!

Tony's is new for me, glad to hear the atmosphere is good i have heard mixed reviews on the food itself most are simliar to yours :) We picked it because we have always seen it and thought why not and our theme for our trip is new stuff (i will write more about that later:goodvibes)

I am sooo hopping!! I saw today that they have pictures posted of the flower and garden festival :woohoo: It looks so pretty. I have actually been before its sooo cool!! Its amazing what they can make out of different flowers and plants. I am in awe of it all!! How are your plans coming along??

Yea its hard keeping it from emily, we have to tell everyone if we talk about it with them that she doesnt know and hope they dont spill the beans either. As of right now i am doing pretty good i think the closer we get the harder it will be!!!!! :eek: I am not very good at keeping my mouth shut...but like i have said so far so good just have to keep working at it :rotfl:

So more on the trip....
This year we have themed our trip...a year of trying new things for us...normally we don't theme our trips but we decided to just mix it up since we realized we tend to do a lot of the same stuff and stay at the same places. :laughing: So we are mixing it up...here are our mix ups for now...

1. Not letting the girls know that we are going.
--usually we tell them in order to have them help us in the planning
process but not this year since they have done it its now time to
surprise them!!!:genie:
2. Staying at a new resort for all of us.
--got the 40/30/20 discount so we thought we would mix it up, decided
first to do a moderate this year since I have done POR (then dixie
Landings) and they have done POR and POFQ it left us with CBR and
CSR then weighing out decisions and remembering what Emily had
mentioned in the past.:sunny:
3. Not planning which parks on which days
--Thats right ladies and gentlemen we are totally mixing it up and deciding
our parks on a day to day basis while we are there depending on
fireworks and emh and how the girls are doing. Some days will be
influenced by our ADRs. Since we have a lot of early breakfast ADR it
gives us some freedom. We want to do this kind of laid back easy going
this year. We'll see!! :earboy2:
4. Trying our new places for dining
--These include, Cape may cafe breakfast (recommended by a former CM),
Tony's town square, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Ohana breakfast (also
recommended):fish:
5. Trying some things we haven't done, OR its been years and don't
remember much
-- These include but are not limited to...Mission Space (new), China movie
(new), Beaches n cream (new), Primeveal whril (new) and then many i
haven't done since i was younger and can't really remember much
about!! :tink:
6. Writing this PTR :woohoo:

:figment::figment::figment:

I am really really looking forward to this trip as i think my Tante Martha is too!! I am sure if the girlies knew that would be beyond pumped for it!! :cutie:

If i think of anything else on how we are mixing it up i will share it with all of you ;):dumbo::donald::goofy::simba:

Ahhh good times!!

Alright WDW planners hope all is well i am off to the land of zzzzzzz's.

a few pictures to leave you with...
Image038.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

DSCF1966.jpg

Night all!!:goofy::figment::tigger::sulley::donald::simba::mickeyjum

So this year again we will be celebrating adoption. We will be there shortly after Emily's adoption anniversary so its a perfect thing for us to be able to celebrate!!

Last year we we were celebrating all sorts of stuff....we had a first timer, adoption anniversary...magical gathering...family reunion and mine and my sisters college graduations (we graduated the same day from different schools...luckily mine was first thing in the morning and hers was later afternoon.)

It is nice to have something to celebrate when i am there, of course there is always the celebration of just being in Disney!!! :hug: Anyone else having celebrations on their trip??

ok now for a few pictures....

My sister, Emily (martha sharing) and I got for our various celebrations at 1900 parkfare
100_1387.jpg

My Sister and I (She is 3 years younger than i am )
100_1389.jpg

With our I'm celebrating and underneath it says...College Graduation
DSCF1584.jpg

The weather here is actually sunny and warming up!!!! Hoorah....can't get too excitied though because Michigan weather is very unpredictable. It can be warm and sunny one day and cold and snowy the next day :lmao: But this week we are going to get up to 56 degrees...warmer weather means closer to disney!!! I am ready for may to be here and to be on my way to the happiest place on earth!!! :mickeybar

This morning i will put up some pictures from my sisters favorite ride....Give you one guess on which one it is??? :flower:

DSCF1574.jpg

DSCF1581.jpg

DSCF1583.jpg

brer bear
DSCF1961.jpg

Mickey Mouse
DSCF1772.jpg

Conga line with Minnie @ Illuminations magical gathering dinner
DSCF1816.jpg

Magic Kingdom rope drop
100B1300.jpg

Good Night!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter