Curious about divorce and marriage length

What year of your marriage did you get divorced? (POLL)

• 0-2

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 3-9

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • 10-20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • 21-30

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 31+

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I know a couple that divorced and remarried each other 3 times!!! They're married now for the third time, been a couple years maybe it'll last lol

25 years, plus 4 together in high school/college before marriage...would have left sooner, but waited till the last of our three children was on her way to college and I felt brave enough to support myself...strangely enough, met my forever husband/soul mate here on the DIS while going through my divorce, got married six months after our first face-to-face meeting, and have been extremely happily married for over three years.

I just wanted to say that is such a sweet story.

I got married February 2002 and it divorce was final May 2004. We only spent about 6 months of our marriage together due to military deployments.

It's not exactly clear to me that maintaining a marriage for an extended period of time is such a great thing. I know a couple of couples who've been married for 30 or 40 years, but I wouldn't call these relationships happy--and neither would the people in these relationships.

It's not exactly clear to me that maintaining a marriage for an extended period of time is such a great thing. I know a couple of couples who've been married for 30 or 40 years, but I wouldn't call these relationships happy--and neither would the people in these relationships.

It's only "not a great thing", if they're not happy. My parents have been married 57 years & are still madly in love with each other.

I know a couple that divorced and remarried each other 3 times!!! They're married now for the third time, been a couple years maybe it'll last lol

We laugh about the re-married thing on my dad's side of the family. One of my uncles and cousins can't decide if they're going or coming. The best was when one cousin got remarried and they used their original invites and had the year crossed out for the update. I thought that was so clever,

It's only "not a great thing", if they're not happy. My parents have been married 57 years & are still madly in love with each other.

My folks are the same way. My grandparents could barely stand each other but stayed together for 60 something years. I figure the happy and unhappy marriages occur in similar percentages to people being happily or unhappily single, and of course, that's a sliding scale of how happy or how miserable.

I've never divorced (37+ years so far) but, my dad was 7, 7 & 40 (his death). Third one seemed to stick.

My parents were the same. I still remember them dancing in the kitchen every night when Dad got home. They loved to dance, every Saturday night they would go t a local place, Moselys in Dedham, MA. Married 53 years when my Dad passed. I had a great example of what you should give & get from marriage.

I now have it, we may not dance but I can tell you how to deek a goalie from weekly demos. LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter