Cruise's (Chris) Accountability/Sap Journal :) (comments welcome)

1/20/06

Today went pretty well. I have to eat food with the prednisone so I'm trying to eat well. I didn't write everything down but kept it conscious. Today I had:

Breakfast - hot fudge sundae pop tart (these are really only 60 calories, 1 fat gram, and 3 carbs more than the granola bars I've been eating), fat free yogurt, applesauce cup

morning snack - small orange, cheese stick

lunch - ham slice, 1 cup mac and cheese

afternoon snack - 18 carrots (two veggie helpings), 2 TBSP light dip, fat free tapioca pudding, 2 snackwells vanilla creme cookies

dinner - 6 ounces of beef, 1 french roll (made homemade italian beef), 1/8 cup of mozzarella cheese, 9 light lays

I'm still hungry but I think I'm done for the night as those carrots did a number on my stomach today, which was weird. Lately salad and raw veggies (except celery) have just been wreaking havoc on my stomach with cramping and lots of gas.

Pluses for today:
Drank 96 ounces of water
Ate 4 fruits/veggies

I'm going to try and do my two-mile workout tonight but I'm not sure. My right ear is really hurting tonight. I hope we get this figured out soon. Not much pluses for today but that's okay. I hit day 10 of the 100 day challenge and to me that is great.

We are suppose to get about 4 inches of snow tonight, or more. Right now it's actually very pretty out. Glad I'm staying in for the night!

Hope everyone had a good day - tomorrow is Jazzercise if the roads aren't too bad and cleaning house.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

I found long ago that if I eat a PopTart, it just kicks off all kinds of sweets cravings for me, so I just avoid them. My kids used to eat one every morning for breakfast but then they got sick of them, so luckily I don't even have them in the house anymore. Good for you being able to eat one without ruining the rest of your day!

I hope you are able to get to your exercise class today! :banana:

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY BROKE 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I was sooooooooo excited when I got up this morning and stepped on the scale that I stepped on it 5 times before getting in the shower and then got on it again after I got out of the shower. Did I say I was so excited???? WHOOOOHOOOOOOO. I have been holding at that 45 pounds off clip art for what I think is like 2 months. Oh my gosh!!!!! YEA!!!!!

So woke up at 5:30 to the snow blower running and a snow plow finally going by our house about 5 hours after the snow quit. So I got up and went out and helped dh for an hour pushing the snowblower, hitting ice chuncks with the shovel so we could get the blower through and shoveling. Then I went and worked out. So I'm counting 2 hours of exercise today because shoveling this snow, over 12 inches at the end of the driveway, was very hard and I worked very hard at it so that I did get a good workout out of it.

Where am I at right now? I hate to get my hopes up but I have to do this every once in a while. I'm 16 pounds away from being at my halfway point. I'm 23 pounds from being where I was when I gave birth to my daughter. I'm 53 pounds from being where I was when I got pregnant with dd. And I'm 83 pounds from being at my goal weight, where I was when I graduated from high school 18 1/2 years ago. I know, big numbers but I'm taking it slow. My next goal is to get the 16 pounds off. I'm shooting for April 24 which is the date that I have my yearly physical with my gynecologist. I want to be at that halfway point by then, I'd really like to be further but I don't want to overshoot my goals because that will only depress me if I don't make it.

So that's how my day has started. It has really made my day. I'm working at trying to get my water in today and my fruits and veggies. I did do something to my back when I was shoveling and so doing much hard housework is going to have to be out for today, which I was hoping to get done. I need to make sure I don't push it too much. But I'm getting ready to head off to get laundry started. DH took dd to school for play practice this morning and they should be home soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. And Amy - that's one good thing with me, even though pop tarts are so sweet, they don't trigger any sweet cravings for me. Some of it may have to do with the cavities I'm waiting to get filled but they just don't do it, which is good!!!! :)

Chris

WAY TO GO!!!!! :cheer2:

Big :grouphug: !!

What an AWESOME way to start the morning!

Congrats on that 50lb milestone!!!! :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :yay: :hyper: :worship: :banana: :simba: :mickeyjum :ccat: :tigger: :dumbo: :figment: :hmghost: :sulley: :stitch: :goofy:

I think that is really cool how you have broken it down into mini goals. I think the way you have been losing, you won't have any problem meeting your next goal by the end of April. Keep it up, you ROCK! :rainbow:

You guys are too funny. I haven't really paid much attention to some of those new smilies but I think I have a new one that I love - :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ROFL. Thanks guys.

I got on the scale again this morning and was in the mindset that I gained because I ate a lot of bread yesterday and had 2 cups of potato soup for dinner (a cup more than I should have). Well the scale held steady so I know for sure that I am now down. I was smiling big time!

Today I'm going to try and go to Jazzercise for the 80 minute class. My back is feeling better this morning but I also really need to clean my house. So I'm a bit challenged in what I want to do. I know I'd get at least 80 (probably) more by cleaning - vacuuming my house usually takes me more than 2 hours to do the whole house and dragging the vacuum is like lifting weights. Maybe I will just clean and then do my 2 miles tape this afternoon. UGH - I hate making decisions like this. I can't afford to not do some type of workout today. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a good day - it's foggy here from the snow we got Friday night (we ended up with about 10 inches).

Chris

Hey! Just popping in to say keep it up! Scale surprises are always great motivation!

-Megan :woohoo:

1/23/06

Well the scale put me up a pound this morning. But I'm still at 50 then. I drank plenty of water yesterday but it was hard getting fruits and veggies in. This whole week is going to be hard as pay day isn't for another week and I'm running low on groceries and money. We'll see - I'm trying to stretch everything out.

Last night I felt some affects of this darned prednisone - I got very hungry at around 9pm. I mean to the point that I could have eaten everything in my house and still been hungry I think. I had this incredible craving for sugar - in fact fruit slices, those ones with the sugar on the outside of them. So I got up and ate teaspoonful of sugar. That killed the craving and I'm sure killed me too. I'm pretty bloated this morning despite getting up every half hour from 10pm to 1am to go to the bathroom (yes, you are reading that right!). And it's continuing into today so hopefully I'll have that out of my system and back down tomorrow.

Workout was okay yesterday. Didn't make it to Jazzercise because of my back but I did clean my house and am counting 30 minutes toward the hour that I worked hard and then I did do my 30 minute walking tape, taking it at a reasonable pace so I didn't irritate my back too bad. So I'm counting 60 minutes for yesterday. This morning my back is bothering me again, probably from lugging my vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs. Should have listened to myself and not done anything yesterday and just let my back rest. It started popping into place this morning so I know it's slowly getting better. I will go workout tonight, I have to. It will be okay - I'll take it slow and not push myself too hard.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a good day. Pretty dreary and icky here today, and cold. Suppose to be up to 40 by midweek and hopefully melt some of this snow.

Keep on :banana: :banana: and :woohoo: :woohoo:
Chris

I can't believe you ate pure sugar!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: I have never heard of anyone doing that before. I guess if you know you are carving sugar, just cut to the chase and get it over with, huh??

I've heard back problems are the worst. I hope you give yourself plenty of time to heal. You don't want to aggravate it for the sake of exercising - I bet there are plenty of exercises you can figure out that will let your back rest.

Keep up all your hard work! :thumbsup2

Yup, pure sugar. And I'll tell ya - that is the only thing that will cure my hiccups if they haven't stopped in 5 minutes or less. I suck down a spoonful of sugar (you know what Mary Poppins said don't you!!!!!). As soon as I get it down, they are gone. No lie!

Well today went okay. I'm having food cravings again tonight and it's 8:30. I'm trying to stay out of the kitchen. And I just ate dinner!!!!

Pluses today:
Went to Jazzercise (back is feeling better as day went on)
Drank 148 ounces of water (so far, have meds to take yet tonight and will have another 12) today
Had 4 fruits/veggies today

Oh dear, I'm sitting here watching Food Network and they are showing how Snickers bars are made - OMG!

Okay - back on task. I did okay eating - I had my pop tart (they are almost gone), fat free yogurt, 2 servings of celery with 1 TBSP peanut butter, small orange for breakfast and morning snack; lunch was about 5 ounces of potatoes and 1 boneless pork chop left over from dinner, 2 snackwells vanilla creme cookies; afternoon snack was bite sized almond joy; dinner was 1 cup of hearty beef stew (meat, carrots, onion, potato) from Market Day and 1 piece of bread with 1 tsp of brummel and brown. I am going to need to eat something else, probably some fat free frozen yogurt and some light cool whip. If I don't, then I'll head for the popcorn maker and that won't be good!

I haven't tracked how many calories or anything for today again. I was reading a new magazine I got today called All You and they had a section to figure out how many calories you should intake to lose 1 pound a week based on your current rate of activity and it said I could have 2100 calories!!!! I DON'T THINK SO! No way and then lose weight - that's a lot of calories. Oh well.

Hope everyone had a good day. I hope I get some sleep tonight. I'm heading off soon.

Chris

I'm down the 1 I gained plus 1 today. So I'm down 4 for the month so far!!!!!! And 52 now. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That's great! Just think - that is how much my DD6 weighs! You've lost a first grader!!! :thumbsup2

You did great resisting the snacks last night, keep it up! :banana:

52 pounds gone! WOW!!!

Huge Congrats!!!

You are doing AWESOME!!

1/24/06

Well I found a post earlier today about sparkpeople.com so I went and checked it out. I ended up registering because I really need to get concentrated on what I'm eating again and get this weight off. I have to say I really like that site. It says in order to get the rest of my weight off (82 pounds) at 1-2 pounds a week by December 31 that I have to eat these totals:

1200-1550 cals, 135-252 carbs, 27-60 fat grams, 30-136 protein

which is actually not too bad and about what I've been doing (I've been less on the fat grams and carbs).

And here's what my totals were today:
1504 cal, 203 carbs, 43 fat, 55 protein

I drank 96 ounces of water which comes to 12 cups!!!!!

Pluses today:
Drank 96 ounces of water
Ate 6 1/2 fruits or veggies today
Got my eating/tracking organized today
Let my back rest!!!!!

I'm feeling a little bloated in the stomach but my fingers are less bloated then when I came home tonight. I haven't made it to the bathroom a huge amount today. So I'm interested in seeing what the scale says tomorrow morning. I didn't get to work out because I decided I needed to rest my back, it was bothering me again tonight and I needed to get some groceries (I conned dh into coming with me and paying - generally that's what I take care of and I am out of money until I get paid next Tuesday).

I'll chat with you all tomorrow - hopefully. Have something that happened at work on my way out tonight that is going to hit big tomorrow morning - it may end up being a bad day. That's okay - I'm going to take lots of healthy, low-cal, low-fat foods with me in case the stress gets too hard!!!!!

Chris

Chris,
Many congrats to you!! I am so impressed by your 6 1/2 fruits/veggies - how ever do you do it?????

I hate (yes I said hate) fruit.....any suggestions??

Having healthy snacks around is a great plan! That way, even if you do stress eat, you won't be doing any damage. Good for you registering on that website, I hope it gives you the extra motivation you need to keep on losing! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter