Cruise's (Chris) Accountability/Sap Journal :) (comments welcome)

Cruise04

<font color=CC0099>Oh that is so incredibly cool!<
Today is post #1 and pretty much to get this started. I started a more sensible watch of what I'm eating and started working out at Jazzercise on July 1 as well. My dd is also doing this with me due to a bad report from her doctor (she has really gained a lot of weight). I come from a family with a lot of overweight/obese people. I've battled it my whole life but now I am tired of battling it - well, tired of losing the battle. There are a lot of other reasons why I need to do this but right now I need to focus on actually doing it.

I'm coming here for support more for when I get discouraged. I really beat myself and tend to have a poor self-esteem which has gotten better over the years.

As of July 1 - in the first week I gained 2.5 pounds. I've been told it was possibly water weight and some of the fat turning to muscle already. The second week I lost those 2.5 pounds and right now I'm where I was on July 1. So technically I've lost nothing.

I'm really watching what I'm putting in my mouth and making sure I move more and drink more water. I have cut out 500 calories, possibly more, right now. That's a HUGE start for me. I'm also watching fat grams more than I am carb grams, although watching those too. Not ready to go back to WW but have been there - MANY times.

My first goal is to get 5 pounds off for July so I joined the July loss challenge. Once I hit that then it will be 10 in August. Then we'll go from there. My hope is to get 25 off by Thanksgiving and possibly 35 off before we go to WDW in December. I'm VERY hopeful because my dd and I are doing this together.

I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!! Thanks in advance for all of your support. Today I am very bloated and feel icky - my clothes fit very tight and I am just miserable. Drinking my water and going to work out tonight!

Welcome Chris and Chris's DD to WISH journaling! You've come to the right place for support!

Idea! Why don't you sign up for the 100-Day Cheat Free Challenge and have "no unnecessary snacking" as your goal! Anyway...read other people's journals and keep a positive attitude as it will get you far. Don't forget to count the little victories, exercising longer, even .2 lbs lost! They keep us on track until the big victories come!

A cheer to seal the deal:

:cheer2: Cruise!
:cheer2: Yes you can!
:cheer2: Stick with your plan!
:cheer2: Exercise and eat healthily
:cheer2: Make sure to bring your DD
:cheer2: You can do this
:cheer2: Yes, it's true
:cheer2: We are right behind you!

Good luck!

Thanks. I'm not ready to start the cheat free challenge, I need to get my eating a bit more under control because once I fail at something, that tends to set me back and I end up quitting. But maybe look for me by September!!!! That will be my goal - do the next cheat free challenge!!!!

And that cheer was cute!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Thanks

Hi!

About the cheat free challenge-that's fine! Trust me...I joined in on the second one because I needed to retrain myself.

Thanks about the cheer. Now have a wonderful day, okay?

Chris - Welcome and you can do it! Reading other people's journals has helped me tremendously. Everyone is so motivating. It also helps me to journal everything that I eat throughout the day - I used to go crazy with snacking and since joining WISH I haven't done that because I don't want to have to write it in my journal! :earseek:

Take it one day at a time and slowly work in more exercise as well as lots of fruits and veggies and of course, water!

AmyT

Well I went and worked out tonight - Jazzercise and I needed it. I was very bloated today and we had a birthday celebration at work and I had about a 3" slice of Pecan Pie (I just couldn't resist) just before I left to go workout (workout is from 6-7 and so I don't get home until around 7:30 to eat dinner and I go there right from work at 5:30 so I have to have something in my stomach about 30 minutes before I leave to go).

I also was so frustrated today because I weighed and it said I hadn't moved. I can see the difference in my face already and my hands (I always lose in my hands first - I have no clue why). Then my dd IM'd me this afternoon and told me she had gotten on the scale and it says she lost 10 pounds since July 1 - I'm so very proud of her but I'm also so jealous. That's the difference between a 15 year old when she starts exercising and a 36 year old when she starts exercising - metabolism - UGH!!!!

The one thing I'm extremely proud about today is that I drank 94 ounces of water. I started with a 30 ounce glass that I took to work from home, then I had a 32 ounce bottle that I drank this afternoon. Then I drank another 32 ounces while and after working out. Let me tell ya - I should own stock in toilet paper!!!! ROFL :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl:

I do definitely have to say that reading some of the journals today did help me - thank you!!!

Everyone have a good night.

Journal Day #2

I woke up ready for today and got on the scale and it hadn't moved (I know, I weighed in yesterday but I just had to check because I was SOOOOO bloated). Dang that scale.

So I came in to work and another birthday celebration this morning - cheesecake AND bagel bites with frosting on them (from our local bagel place). I was so proud of myself - I RESISTED THE URGE!!!!!! Oh boy did I want one of those bagel bites though (I'm not a cheesecake type of person). So what did I do - I came back in my office and started writing down everything that I was eating today. So far, and I know what we're having for dinner tonight so I included it, I have 1567 calories, 91.5 fat grams (I know, WAY too many for one day), and 143.4 carbs. I can't eat much more fat today. That must be where I'm struggling. Today is the first day I've written down what I've eaten. So tonight, if I get hungry, which I shouldn't because I'm finding I'm not as hungry at certain times anymore, I will eat watermelon or some canteloupe that I have in the fridge.

To stay in the range for carbs for an 1800 calorie diet (which is what I've been aiming for, lower if I can) it's around 210 so I think I'm doing pretty darned well. I'm figuring I was probably averaging a 2300-2500 diet before with lots of fat. Gotta work on that fat content!!!!!

I've already drunk 30 ounces of water today and because of that I've made several trips to the bathroom so far which is steps except, of course, I forgot my pedometer today.

The other thing I'm finding I like is that amount of carbs that AREN'T in the fruit cups that I like (and the applesauce cup). I know fresh is better but near the end of the pay period it's hard to have enough money to go get fresh fruit. I start out one week with lots of fresh fruit and then run out and run out of funds too. I'll get it down sometime soon.

Okay back to work and eating the celery I brought with my lunch.

Hi Chris,

Way to go on resisting the bagel bites. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
You chose a great way to deal with it I think.

Don't get too discouraged by your daughter's weight loss...our bodies are different and it just takes time. In no time you will see that scale move and it won't be up

Keep it up, you can do this!!!

Have a great day!

Cruise04 said:
Journal Day #2

So I came in to work and another birthday celebration this morning - cheesecake AND bagel bites with frosting on them (from our local bagel place). I was so proud of myself - I RESISTED THE URGE!!!!!! Oh boy did I want one of those bagel bites though (I'm not a cheesecake type of person).

Um, I don't think I can "talk" to you anymore... NOT a cheesecake person? That is painful to my ears! I :lovestruc cheesecake and I would have blown my 3 days in a row cheat-free streak if someone waved a piece in front of me... Heck, I could be on day 89 and blow it for cheesecake! :rotfl: OK, I'm over it now ;)

Congrats on resisting the temptation and writing down everything you are eating and recognizing where you need to make some changes! I am the obsessive-compulsive planning type (I think it's something they subliminally teach us in engineering school) and I do everything in a spreadsheet (drives my DB nuts!). Keep it up and make small changes at a time and you will see those lbs slowly start melting away. Remember, losing 1-2 lbs a week is a great achievement. Good for you and your DD!

Hopefully now that I'm really seeing what I'm eating that will help me to think a bit more positively about that I WILL eventually lose. And the amount of sweat I make when I work out has got to be making up for something - I'm just disappointed that the pounds aren't coming off. But seeing that amount of fat I'm eating just freaked me out!!!!!

Okay - so someone tell me when the power peeing stops!!!!! I drank 30 ounces of water from 10:45-12:00 and then another 32 ounces from 1:30-3:15. I have gone every 30 minutes this afternoon and could probably manage every 15 but I'm trying to not go so much - hard to get any work done that way!!!!! :banana: :banana: (I love this guy) I have been drinking 32 ounces a day - but that has been through my whole day - from like 10am to 4:30pm. Now I'm doubling that and it's killing me!!!! Last night during Jazzercise I had to run out of there half way through because I had to pee so bad!!!!!! UGH - there are rewards I know - it WILL be worth it, it WILL be worth it, it WILL be worth (I'm thinking this should be my motto).

Have a good night everyone and I'll try to check in during the weekend (we work longer hours during the summer to have Friday's off). Gonna work out in the morning, get dd's hair cut and veg a bit tomorrow. Then workout Sat morning and spend the day with my family and then Sun we are packing her up for 2 weeks at Girl Scout resident camp (she's really worried about how she'll do eating and I told her she'll do fine and not to worry about it because she'll be getting lots of activity).

Have a great trip Britt, you'll be ok. ;) Congrats on your success so far, too!!!! Weigh to go!!! :cheer2:

Cruise04 said:
Okay - so someone tell me when the power peeing stops!!!!!
ROFLOL Chris!!! You crack me up! I thought the same thing for MONTHS when I started WW. Now I think my bladder has caught up (somewhat - 18 months later) with the amount of water I drink, but sometimes......Boy, can I run fast!!! :rotfl: Think of it this way, you're ridding your body of unneeded other stuff, it's flushing you out, and hopefully, flushing away those pounds soon! :goodvibes

I think your commitment alone to Jazzercise so far is great!! :cool1: Will you do this while Britt is gone? I hope so. You'll be feeling better and better with each session, I'm sure! :teeth:

As my WISH mentor said to me when I started - Onward and Downward! (I love that saying!) :sunny:

:grouphug:

Journal Day #3

I AM SO PSYCHED TODAY!!!!! This is just what I needed - MY SCALE MOVED!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I got on the scale this morning because I was so curious. AND I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!! 15 days of work and my scale finally moved :banana: :banana: :banana: I was actually getting depressed. I was cranking away at Jazzercise, doing great and sometimes moving more than some of the thinner people and I wasn't losing. What do I think my secret was???? Wednesday I drank 94 ounces of water and yesterday I drank 62 ounces. Today I'm doing 94 again because I worked out.

My final amount of calories, fat and carbs for yesterday...
1857 cal, 91.5 fat grams, 208.4 carb grams.

My goal of 1800 calories went a bit over but not bad. I need to work on the fat grams, as I said yesterday, and the carb grams went a bit over but still in line for an 1800 calorie diet. So I think all in all yesterday I did pretty well. I'm pretty happy.

Today I got up and didn't want to go work out but I did and it was worth it. It did really help that my scale moved. Now I have to have my husband move that scale so I don't get on it every day.

As far as food I'm doing really well today - I saw where I was going wrong yesterday and that helped. With some of dinner already figured in and I've eaten lunch I'm at 794 cal, 29.7 fat grams and 79.2 carbs. So I'm rocking today!!!!!!

Okay, off to do some things and drink more water (and make those power trips to the bathroom!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Oh and Kim - you bet I'm going when she's gone. I plan on going M, T, W and then we are going camping next weekend so Mike and I will be able to walk (and I won't die this time) and then the following week I'll go M, W, Th, F, S probably.

Congrats on the weight loss! Just think, that is the first 3 of many more to come. Stick to your Jazzercise, try to lower your fat intake and keep drinking that water (and sprinting to the potty!)

YAY for you Chis on the weight loss :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

That is great news.

Good for you for getting and up working out. Some days it is hard, but I know what you mean about feeling better after it is done.

Great job on the weight loss :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ( I too love these little guys!)

I hope you have a faboulus weekend. Stay healthy!

Jamie

Ok, so here is a problem I'm running in to tonight. I have had dinner and I haven't even reached 1000 calories for the day. I'm hitting at 34 for fats and would like to not go much higher than that. I'm at 109 for carbs. So I'm not doing too bad but I'm a little concerned that I'm not eating enough calories now.

If I have been eating around 1800 and I don't eat that much, is that a bad thing? I'm thinking it's not but I wasn't sure how it all works together. I'm sure I'm going to eat more tonight - have something for a snack because I've been dying for some popcorn but there is no way I'm eating 800 calories before I go to bed!!!!! Especially since it's 7pm central time. DH and I are getting ready to go out and get groceries so maybe I'll find something I'll want without much fat.

35-45 is about where I'd like my fat grams per day to be. So I think I did good today. I really watched it!

Cruise04 said:
have something for a snack because I've been dying for some popcorn but there is no way I'm eating 800 calories before I go to bed!!!!!
Here's my tip on the popcorn.....Get the reduced fat snack size microwave popcorn bags (don't say blech yet ;))....get the Jewel butter spray (should be with the Pam sprays) and spray that on the reduced fat popcorn, a few sprays as you go along. TaDa - pretty normal popcorn again, without the extra calories and fat. Another substitute for butter/margarine is the I Can't Believe it's Not Butter pump spray. It's 0 calories, 0 fat and you can use it on toast, baked potatoes, veggies, wherever you usually use butter or margarine. Hope these 'subs' help you. ;)

Keep on movin'! Congrats on your first 3 of many!!! :cheer2: :cool1: :sunny: Weigh to go!! :banana: :banana:

Thanks for those ideas Kim. I did get some Brummel and Brown to start using in place of the Fleischmann's that I was using. Much better on the fat and the calories but I'm going to try that spray I think.

Today was kind of a tough day. First day home since I've been really watching what I've been eating. Plus I didn't have anything at the house for lunch, I have no idea why I didn't get some lunchmeat or something when we went shopping yesterday. That was really dumb. But I did okay - I had some pasta salad (2 cups actually as I made that my "main" part of my meal) and 3 stalks of celery. I thought that was really going to sink me but it didn't.

Now with dinner I've hit 1607 in calories today, 72.6 in fat grams (32 of that in the pasta salad), and 181.1 in carbs. I'm about where I wanted to be except for the fat grams. But that's okay. And I have a bit of room for a snack tonight, if I want. But we had a good dinner (which included some fresh tomatoes and fresh sweet corn that we got at a fresh food stand near where we went shopping and it was well worth it).

I've been trying to stock up on stuff that is better for me to snack on at work. I get hungrier at work than I do at home for some reason. So I got some grape tomatoes, grapes, and cucumbers plus celery to take with me to work to eat. Plus I got some light sour cream and have some dry Hidden Valley Ranch mix that I'm going to mix up for dip (I can't eat celery plain and this stuff is not bad in the fat area, better than the cream cheese I've been using). We also grabbed some of those Nabisco 100 snack things that I saw on another journal and THEY ROCK!!!!! I think I even got my husband hooked on them - he's diabetic and they have less fat then some of the stuff he's been eating, but a few more carbs which he has to watch too.

Went to Jazzercise this morning and got a nice compliment from one of the instructors - she said she is very proud of how well I've been hanging in with the routines and keeping things going and not stopping. That really made me feel good. She said I really was looking good during workout. That means that I'm doing what I'm suppose to be doing - really hitting it hard to try to get this weight off. Tomorrow I'm going to have my daughter take measurements so that I can see how I'm doing that way each month. I should have done that when we started.

On top of Jazzercise we went shopping to get some workout shoes and some school shoes for dd and so while we were walking between shops (at an outdoor outlet mall) I walked quick to make it worth it. So in total we walked 30 minutes. It felt good to not be huffing and puffing between stores. I've noticed that when I've gone up the stairs in my house - I'm not huffing and puffing so bad when I get to the top. That makes me feel good and that is how I can tell I'm doing well!!!!

Don't know if I'll get on tomorrow - have to get dd packed for camp. She leaves bright and early for Girl Scout Counselor-in-Training camp for 14 days. I'm sure gonna miss her but I'm glad she's wanted to do this. Next weekend dh and I are going camping (we bought a camper a couple of weeks ago and this will be our first time out). I'm excited that we'll be able to go for walks and I'll be able to keep up with him. He told me that he was going to have to come home on Saturday for a bit (we live 20 minutes from where we're camping) so that means I'll be able to come home and go workout, which I didn't think I'd be able to do.

If I don't get on tomorrow - have a good rest of the weekend.
Chris

Sounds like a good day Chris. :sunny:

Lunchmeat - look for the 90+% fat free packages. I'm currently using Butterball's chicken, but they have turkey also, and Tyson and Healthy Choice have some too. Lots to pick from. :)

FRESH Sweet Corn where YOU live? Who'd a thunk? :rotfl:

Snacks for work - Great idea! I forgot to mention that I graze all day long, via snacks and/or breaking up my meals, that way I'm chewing on something/eating more often. Seems to satisfy me anyway. Fruit is also another option there, especially this time of year. :sunny:

Besides Nabisco's, a couple other companies have added 100 calorie snack packs, giving us more choices! It might be Keebler, whoever it is that makes Chips Deluxe cookies - those are good. ;)

GREAT JOB with Jazzercise!!! :banana: :cool1:

I know what you mean about huffing and puffing. There's only about 12-13 stairs from my basement to the first floor, but I used to h&p going up those things, and now I trot up them! :)

Measurements! Yes! Get those done! I'm sorry I never did that. When the scale may not be moving, I've heard that the inches might be. ;)

Onward and Downward Roomie! :goodvibes :cheer2:

Tell Britt to have a great time, and I hope you & Mike enjoy your camping next week also. :sunny:

Got on the scale this morning and it said I was down another .5. But because I'm trying to only go by what I weigh on a weekly basis I'm not counting it. I was just being nosey (but it did motivate me some more :) )

Did okay today, stayed below calories and carbs but flunked on the fat again. We went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner so I'm crediting it as an okay day. Gotta work on that fat....UGH.

I am stocked up for the week - got salad, went and got some spray butter stuff like Kim recommended, replaced the whole fat mayo with fat free so I can use that on sandwiches (I can't stand dry sandwiches) and for my salad dressing (I like making the Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing and when you make it with fat free mayo and skim milk, it's good and not high in fat). Made my low fat veggie dip, cup up veggies and got them bagged for work tomorrow. Brought leftovers (see post on regular WISH Board) home for lunch tomorrow and negotiated for something better than what dh took out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow night - this IS a good thing as I would have normally said - sure why not, it's only food. To high fat foods in one day would not have been good (mashed potatoes for lunch and italian sausage thing with rice for dinner).

Don't work out on Sunday's because I do need that day to rest and relax and get house stuff done. Got dd packed for camp so we will be off at 6:15 tomorrow morning (with tissues in hand - I always cry when that bus pulls out - no communication at all for the whole time she's gone unless it's an emergency). It will be okay!!!!! She will have fun and that's what counts!!!!

Goodnight everyone (gotta go pee again - UGH :rotfl: :rotfl: ). See you all tomorrow! And thanks for the support Kim! In our talking in the car tonight I told dd that I hope be down 10 pounds total when she gets home!!!!! I think I can do it! I know it's a high goal but I have 2 weeks left in the month. So I'm gonna rock big time these next two weeks... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:wave2: Hi!

I hear you about resisting stuff, it's always there! No matter where you turn, there's chocolate, or sugar, or butter! :scared1:

I've been to WW many many times too, I just can't stand writing every, little thing I eat down and calculating it. I'm just working on portion control and cutting out stuff that I know is bad (cookies) lol.

If you're comfortable with it, your DD would be welcome here anytime! TigerCheer2009 and I have become pretty close WISH buddies (we're both 15), it's so much easier knowing that another person out there is a teenager with weight problems, it can be so hard sometimes.

Have a very disney day
:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter