Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Survey sent regarding Disneyland Membership "passes"

Personally they all seem way cheaper than I was expected (if this is accurate)

https://blogmickey.com/2021/01/disn...pricey-restricted-annual-passport-membership/
The top page is wayyy more expensive than the current top tier passes. The pass that currently have (had) is the closest to my current Flex is $300 more than my pass (but I would get 20% off parking big whoop). The other pages I cannot see happening at those prices (Some are too low). Still, there was literally something wrong with every pass (too expensive, summers blocked, etc). I do have a soon to be 3 year old, so that does sway things as I have to get 4 passes now. Still refuse to buy a one/ multi day ticket. Too much pressure to get your monies worth. Too much to ask for a weekends and summer only pass, with a 30% off food discount, photo pass, and free parking for like $600?!? 😂 A girl can dream!

The top page is wayyy more expensive than the current top tier passes. The pass that currently have (had) is the closest to my current Flex is $300 more than my pass (but I would get 20% off parking big whoop). The other pages I cannot see happening at those prices (Some are too low). Still, there was literally something wrong with every pass (too expensive, summers blocked, etc). I do have a soon to be 3 year old, so that does sway things as I have to get 4 passes now. Still refuse to buy a one/ multi day ticket. Too much pressure to get your monies worth. Too much to ask for a weekends and summer only pass, with a 30% off food discount, photo pass, and free parking for like $600?!? 😂 A girl can dream!

I wonder if this is the guage which elements people are drawn to most (why one has higher discount on food, another has higher discount on merch, etc) ... BUT there will still be like ultra diamond version when they actually launch (or maybe after like 3 months) that has no/very few restrictions, but is like $3,000

I wonder if this is the guage which elements people are drawn to most (why one has higher discount on food, another has higher discount on merch, etc) ... BUT there will still be like ultra diamond version when they actually launch (or maybe after like 3 months) that has no/very few restrictions, but is like $3,000
I am guessing closer to $5k and it will sell. Disney is well aware that there are a bunch of people now that will have to buy it at that price because either their business is covering the parks or that they think they are going to make that their business. Disney is going to squeeze the people making money off Disney as much as possible.

Survey sent regarding Disneyland Membership "passes"

Personally they all seem way cheaper than I was expected (if this is accurate)

https://blogmickey.com/2021/01/disn...pricey-restricted-annual-passport-membership/
I took the survey and in total there were 42 (!) different variations of APs presented to me. They all fell between $399 and $1399 (I think that was the top cost; I'd have to check my 13 screen shots haha), but no two were exactly the same, though certain price tiers did of course repeat.

Last edited:
Oh yeah it definitely is! Food is way more important than the merchandise to us. We don’t buy merchandise every time we go, but we definitely eat. We people watch while leisurely eating most of the day (will definitely do that more so with mask requirements). 30% off alcohol would be amazing too but I wouldn’t want Disney to go bankrupt by offering that. 🤣 oh man I miss the days where the lower tiers passes were blocked out, and those at the park were single day tickets who did not know how to use mobile order. We’d be on our second round of drinks before they reached the front of the line. Man I even miss those $11 beers now! Drinking that Racer 5 at home isn’t the same!

I took the survey and in total there were 42 different variations of APs presented to me lol. They all fell between $399 and $1399 (I think that was the top cost; I'd have to check my 13 screen shots haha), but no two were exactly the same, though certain price tiers of course did repeat regularly.

42 different variations!?!?

If this comes to WDW I’m really going to lean on the collective group in here to get into the weeds on this and figure out the breakdown.

Thanks in advance! :)

42 different variations!?!?

If this comes to WDW I’m really going to lean on the collective group in here to get into the weeds on this and figure out the breakdown.

Thanks in advance! :)
I wouldn't worry! I'd hope they'd offer no more than four or five options once they actually launch the program at DL. Heck, even three may be possible. Right now, nothing would surprise me. :-) But similar to what I wrote in another thread, with all these options being floated for feedback on people's priorities, it's going to be very interesting to see what they end up mixing and matching for the final offerings!

Not sure where else to report this, finally in bed after a crazy arrival day where our first stop was the car care center and now need a rental for the first two days. Then we got back after a successful few hours at AK to be turned away at both Poly pools, apparently something terrible happened with their main water source, all restaurants closed, no refills on mugs. Apparently they had just turned the water back on in our building Tokelau around 8. They were taking people over to the GF for food/pool on golf carts, which I appreciated.

Not sure where else to report this, finally in bed after a crazy arrival day where our first stop was the car care center and now need a rental for the first two days. Then we got back after a successful few hours at AK to be turned away at both Poly pools, apparently something terrible happened with their main water source, all restaurants closed, no refills on mugs. Apparently they had just turned the water back on in our building Tokelau around 8. They were taking people over to the GF for food/pool on golf carts, which I appreciated.
Yikes!! Crap happens but ugg when it affects your vacation 😔 I’m glad Disney was trying to help fix the inconvenience, hope mañana goes better!

Fingers crosses that rest of you trip is perfect!

I saw a report of a water main break there - it mentioned all the restaurants being closed to it but didn't think of the pools. That really sucks

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...disneys-polynesian-resort-closes-restaurants/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter