Covid testing sites near or in Disney

Is the main gate testing site just for American’s or could someone from out of country use this service and pay out of pocket for it?

Does anybody know if the Vault test available through Jetblue is considered a PCR test? It is a saliva test and results take about 72 hours. Also, do you know if the front desks of the Disney resorts will ship for you (looked at Everlywell and Vault tests and both come with prepaid labels, but I'm not sure if they are UPS or FedEx).
I called my resort and they said they will ship it for you. FEDEX comes in the morning.

We went to the Maingate testing site this past Wednesday. Arrived at 7:20, line wasn't too long, site opens at 8 and we were done by 8:50. By the time we left, the line was very long. Actual testing takes 5-10 minutes. We had the Rapid and requested the PCR for our state and work/school requirements. Received rapid while we were in our Uber and received PCR 3 days later. (Both negative)

I have a pixel FedEx update. I went to the front desk at pop to drop off the FedEx package for pixel. I was told they could not take it because FedEx won't pickup hazardous packages from them. The orange on the package indicates it is hazardous material. The packages can only be dropped off in a metal drop off location. I ubered to Team Disney 1515 buena Vista drive in disney springs. The round trip costed a little under $15 plus tip. I will confirm when the results are back but I still think this is an easier option than waiting in line for a test.

Updates on the testing site

• The testing site now features a dedicated lane for individuals to help expedite the testing process for those not traveling in a larger group.
  • Appointments and/or reservations are not required to receive a test. However, those wishing to be tested will need to create an account at patientportal.com. This may be done prior to arrival for a quicker check-in process.
  • The testing site now can be accessed from Sherberth Road and Maingate Lane.

I have a pixel FedEx update. I went to the front desk at pop to drop off the FedEx package for pixel. I was told they could not take it because FedEx won't pickup hazardous packages from them. The orange on the package indicates it is hazardous material. The packages can only be dropped off in a metal drop off location. I ubered to Team Disney 1515 buena Vista drive in disney springs. The round trip costed a little under $15 plus tip. I will confirm when the results are back but I still think this is an easier option than waiting in line for a test.
I just came here to post a Pixel Labcorp update but my experience is totally different than yours:

Went to front desk at WL - they asked us to call fedex and schedule the pickup and they knew it was a test.
We scheduled the pickup (free) and provided front desk with the fedex confirmation number and that was that.
it was picked up later that day - and we got results back next day.

what resort was this?

We went to the Maingate testing site this past Wednesday. Arrived at 7:20, line wasn't too long, site opens at 8 and we were done by 8:50. By the time we left, the line was very long. Actual testing takes 5-10 minutes. We had the Rapid and requested the PCR for our state and work/school requirements. Received rapid while we were in our Uber and received PCR 3 days later. (Both negative)

if you don’t mind me asking, we are hoping to do something similar in Feb, how much did the Uber cost? I have never used Uber before. Also, they did both tests fo you for free? Thanks ~Brian

I just came here to post a Pixel Labcorp update but my experience is totally different than yours:

Went to front desk at WL - they asked us to call fedex and schedule the pickup and they knew it was a test.
We scheduled the pickup (free) and provided front desk with the fedex confirmation number and that was that.
it was picked up later that day - and we got results back next day.

what resort was this?
Pop Century. I guess they had someone drop one off to them yesterday and FedEx refused to pick it up so then pop tried to drop it off at a FedEx store and they denied it and told them it had to go in a metal shipping box.

Pop Century. I guess they had someone drop one off to them yesterday and FedEx refused to pick it up so then pop tried to drop it off at a FedEx store and they denied it and told them it had to go in a metal shipping box.

man i'm sorry you had issues - but again i do agree - still easier and less hassle than going to a testing site.

if you don’t mind me asking, we are hoping to do something similar in Feb, how much did the Uber cost? I have never used Uber before. Also, they did both tests fo you for free? Thanks ~Brian
Uber was about $11 each way- we took it from Riviera. Both tests were free. We are going again in February and will utilize it again. Also check your airport-some airports are starting to offer testing; hoping more will by February.

Uber was about $11 each way- we took it from Riviera. Both tests were free. We are going again in February and will utilize it again. Also check your airport-some airports are starting to offer testing; hoping more will by February.
Awesome info. Thanks for sharing. It’s very much appreciated.

man i'm sorry you had issues - but again i do agree - still easier and less hassle than going to a testing site.
Thanks, it was a minor set back but worked out. Thankfully, I went down early and found out early that I needed to uber to a fedex box. My original plan was to drop it off on the way to the magic kingdom bus, then I would have been a little sad my magic kingdom rope drop time would be taken up by looking for a fedex box, but no harm was done.

To answer my own question (in case this might help any other international travelers) it seems that you need to register before going for any testing, but you can only register with a US address.
Good to know. On their site it says its open to all visitors which is why i thought it was ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter