Covid Comeback?

I'm ready for the new booster already...hope its out in the next few days
DH already has an appointment to get his shot at Walgreens-I think he told me that it's going to be next week. I was surprised that it's so early and even asked him if he was sure it would be the newest one. He assured me that it would.

The new booster is available in my area, first appointments are open today. We will wait a bit so we have more protection through the winter. (Similar to waiting until early fall for the new flu shot )

Just made our appointments for the booster for next week. I want mine before I travel in October.

Cool, I just booked mine for September 6th (which also happens to be my Birthday!)

Just got back from my trip to San Diego. I made it through the whole trip okay. It will be a miracle if I come out of it COVID-free, lol. I was outdoors most of the time but had a few dicey moments in a museum in Balboa Park. Even my plane ride out was great. Quiet, airport quiet, flight quiet. Yesterday, on the way home, completely different story. The airport itself was good but I was on a crowded 777 and the guy behind me was obviously sick. Coughing, sneezing, say "oh god." Do you think he made any move to cough into his elbow or be polite. Unbelievable. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best now. I did have my 3M Aura on but it probably can't fight that battle!!

As for my mother who is about 1 month post COVID, she has lost so much hearing in her right ear. She goes back to the ENT tomorrow to see what the next steps are.

Sounds like you have a good immune system that can fight off infections....
...and, speaking of, folks make sure you know ALL THE FACTS before getting any type of Covid shot. My immune system is over-active (not compromised as I had originally thought) so I had gotten the **** shot. The 2nd dose affected my immune system and I developed ITP [Immuno Thrombocytopenia] in the summer of 2021, where my immune system attacks my platelets. [avg person should have 140,000 to 400,000 platelets; when I wound up in the hospital, I had 6,000 and it went down to 4,000!] It will be exactly 3 years September 1 when this nightmare started and I am STILL on meds and seeing a hematologist....needless to say, I have never contracted the disease and I have been exposed to it a number of times. I just want everyone to be fully aware of all possible side-effects...

...and, speaking of, folks make sure you know ALL THE FACTS before getting any type of Covid shot. My immune system is over-active (not compromised as I had originally thought) so I had gotten the **** shot. The 2nd dose affected my immune system and I developed ITP [Immuno Thrombocytopenia] in the summer of 2021, where my immune system attacks my platelets. [avg person should have 140,000 to 400,000 platelets; when I wound up in the hospital, I had 6,000 and it went down to 4,000!] It will be exactly 3 years September 1 when this nightmare started and I am STILL on meds and seeing a hematologist....needless to say, I have never contracted the disease and I have been exposed to it a number of times. I just want everyone to be fully aware of all possible side-effects...

So how does someone find out if they have an over-active immune system?

So how does someone find out if they have an over-active immune system?
....sorta like closing the barn door AFTER the horse has escaped....:sad1: One tell-tale sign is if you've had an auto-immune disease before, which I did have back in 2017 [polymyalgia]

....sorta like closing the barn door AFTER the horse has escaped....:sad1: One tell-tale sign is if you've had an auto-immune disease before, which I did have back in 2017 [polymyalgia]

Hmm...I have RA which is an autoimmune disease. But I take methotrexate which is an immunosuppressant med. So now sure where I fall into that. I've had all the Covid vaccines and boosters so far and plan to get one this fall. But I will definitely talk to my GP and rheumatologist first (which I always do before any vaccine, including the flu vaccine, anyway.)

Hmm...I have RA which is an autoimmune disease. But I take methotrexate which is an immunosuppressant med. So now sure where I fall into that. I've had all the Covid vaccines and boosters so far and plan to get one this fall. But I will definitely talk to my GP and rheumatologist first (which I always do before any vaccine, including the flu vaccine, anyway.)
....it doesn't affect everyone - my DH has celiac [also an auto-immune disease] and the vaccine did not affect him whatsoever...go figure :confused3

There was another site I used to be on where someone had the exact same thing from the vaccine.

Back in January both my adult daughter and I got Covid at Disney. We are visiting again at the end of September and want to take care not to get it again. We plan to wear masks on the plane and in the indoor areas. It seems that true N95 masks do not have ear loops and that doesn't work for either of us. Does anyone have a recommendation for a safe mask that has ear loops and not the double head bands??? Thanks!

Back in January both my adult daughter and I got Covid at Disney. We are visiting again at the end of September and want to take care not to get it again. We plan to wear masks on the plane and in the indoor areas. It seems that true N95 masks do not have ear loops and that doesn't work for either of us. Does anyone have a recommendation for a safe mask that has ear loops and not the double head bands??? Thanks!

This is an older article but it has good info. https://nymag.com/strategist/article/whats-the-difference-between-kn95-and-kf94-masks.html

It's about the KN and KF masks and not the true N95 but you might find it helpful anyway. My husband and son wear the Powecom KN95. I prefer Evergreen KF94 from Kollecte because they fit my face a bit better.

I think the issue is, you can't really get the good N95 "fit" by using earloops. The headbands are what help get the best fit. I haven't yet read anything that says otherwise. Now maybe with headbands you get 95% and with ear loops you get 88%? I don't know. But I think that's the bad news of it.

I get it though--the head bands/straps are awful. I just wore one for 8 hours last week and I'm fine with the mask but hate the straps.

If anyone has serious concerns about the seal and fit of a mask you can purchase your own fit testing kit if (can go somewhere and get it done as well).

Boosters are finally ready to go in my area and I'm all set for both the Covid booster and my flu shot on the 10th of September.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest