College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I haven't been on here in forever but I have a couple quick questions. I finished my program in fall 10 and I just applied on sat for fall 12 and I have my phone interview fri. Since I am an alumni do they look at me any differently? And I know I applied super late and I only applied for 2 roles does anybody know of someone getting a role applying this late like attractions?
Thanks,
Kyle

Anything is possible really, but applying this late and only for two roles really does limit the chances IMO. I used to think that they looked at alumni differently, but there is currently quite a few of us alumni(even a current seasonal cm) who are pending and may or may not get in. What roles did you apply for?

random question - does anyone know how applicants are selected? does the person we interview with determine our roles, or are our answers sent off to someone that chooses? i know this is so weird, but am hoping someone knows :confused3 :)

Anything is possible really, but applying this late and only for two roles really does limit the chances IMO. I used to think that they looked at alumni differently, but there is currently quite a few of us alumni(even a current seasonal cm) who are pending and may or may not get in. What roles did you apply for?

Attractions ( I have experience from another theme park for 4 years and got accepted seasonal as that at Disneyland but couldn't take it), and I'm auditioning on sat. I hope I get something! But if I don't owell!

Attractions ( I have experience from another theme park for 4 years and got accepted seasonal as that at Disneyland but couldn't take it), and I'm auditioning on sat. I hope I get something! But if I don't owell!

Its good you put attractions as that's a highly needed role. :thumbsup2 good luck on your auditions as well! My husband and I have ours two weeks from today! I am currently pending, even though I'm alumni(I think I said that before) my husband is pending too but he's not an alumni.
Also you never know if you don't try for it so it's better to apply even with the limited choices and late in the game.

Ya I hope I get it! I really wanna stay after my program to! But I'm hoping with the new Fantasyland there will be more spots then normal but who knows!

Thanks I would appreciate that so much!! I need all the practice i can get in the next 5 months.
I would absolutely LOVE to help in any way I can! Feel free to Direct Message me and we can go from there. :)

Traditions is like, welcome to Disney, here's how to work here kind of class. I think it's three days, like a Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday kind of thing, but the dates and days of the week are different depending on when your checkin date is, I think. As long as you can make sure your schedule is free for Tuesdays during that class, I would say you're good to go! Have fun!
I read on the old College Program site that they work would try and schedule you around your classes at the Disney University as best as they can, but don't know if that is still current. Usually Disney wants open availability so it's best to mention it during the interview.

Also, Traditions is usually an morning or afternoon for orientation and then work centers schedule training on following days. :)

random question - does anyone know how applicants are selected? does the person we interview with determine our roles, or are our answers sent off to someone that chooses? i know this is so weird, but am hoping someone knows :confused3 :)
I don't know the exact process, but believe that after you go through the application, WBI, and Phone Interview they send it for further processing and decision. Roles are typically based off of availability and qualification from what I can tell. How far have you progressed in the process?

Its good you put attractions as that's a highly needed role. :thumbsup2 good luck on your auditions as well! My husband and I have ours two weeks from today! I am currently pending, even though I'm alumni (I think I said that before) my husband is pending too but he's not an alumni.
Also you never know if you don't try for it so it's better to apply even with the limited choices and late in the game.
I second this. A good lot of the Alumni CP's have been pended for one reason or another. I find it slightly odd, but with Disney you are taking your chances.

I applied for every role available, as well as both the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

Ya I hope I get it! I really wanna stay after my program to! But I'm hoping with the new Fantasyland there will be more spots then normal but who knows!
Best of luck and keep positive! :)

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

i just thought of another question. so i know usually they ask you for attractions if your good with spiels and memorizing stuff like that. im good at stuff like that it has always been a dream of mine to work at jungle cruise and i wouldnt even mind working at the safari. but the great movie ride i dont think i would be good at is there any way to stress that in the interview without sounding picky or ya...

I don't know the exact process, but believe that after you go through the application, WBI, and Phone Interview they send it for further processing and decision. Roles are typically based off of availability and qualification from what I can tell. How far have you progressed in the process?

Well, I interviewed last Thursday and I am asking because I know the interviewer and I had a great connection, and was thinking if she placed me that I would be confident I'd get the role I want. However, if she sends my answers off to someone else, I wouldn't have that existing connection with that person so I wouldn't be as confident!

Well, I interviewed last Thursday and I am asking because I know the interviewer and I had a great connection, and was thinking if she placed me that I would be confident I'd get the role I want. However, if she sends my answers off to someone else, I wouldn't have that existing connection with that person so I wouldn't be as confident!

Your interviewer can recommend you for a certain role, but the final placement happens between two different teams.

The first is the CP Office - they'll place you in an "area." Example: Adventureland/Liberty Square attractions. They may go off your interviewer's suggestion for this.

The second is the actual area - they'll place you at the specific attractions based on availability on your arrival date. Example: Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Haunted Mansion. They do not go off of anything, this is mostly chance, unless you know Managers in the area you're assigned (this is more common for people extending their program).

Your interviewer can recommend you for a certain role, but the final placement happens between two different teams.

The first is the CP Office - they'll place you in an "area." Example: Adventureland/Liberty Square attractions. They may go off your interviewer's suggestion for this.

The second is the actual area - they'll place you at the specific attractions based on availability on your arrival date. Example: Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, or Haunted Mansion. They do not go off of anything, this is mostly chance, unless you know Managers in the area you're assigned (this is more common for people extending their program).

OK! Thanks for the info - so, as far as the role itself goes (which I'm more concerned with than the area/placement), this is primarily the interviewer's doing?

Just had a question regarding Canadian applicants, if any of you are Canadian and have done it before - how has it affected your major/credits and such? Was your college/uni accepting in it?

Edit: Never mind find out via research myself.

Do have another question though what are the odds of getting days off over Labor Day weekend? Its my birthday that weekend and I was planning to do the Disneyland half so depending on where I end up applying to (which depends directly on the correlation of the likelihood of getting days off) I would either need a single day to three days off.

Just had a question regarding Canadian applicants, if any of you are Canadian and have done it before - how has it affected your major/credits and such? Was your college/uni accepting in it?
It really depends from school-to-school. I would suggest talking to your academic advisor and/or your school’s internship office or career center since they would have the best answer to that. I would suggest giving them a link to the Disney Education Connection to help them out.

Edit: Never mind find out via research myself.

Do have another question though what are the odds of getting days off over Labor Day weekend? Its my birthday that weekend and I was planning to do the Disneyland half so depending on where I end up applying to (which depends directly on the correlation of the likelihood of getting days off) I would either need a single day to three days off.
The chances of you being scheduled during the holiday weekend are quite likely, depending on what role you are in. You can always give away your shift or try and ask for it off, so it really should be the least of your worries. Best of luck!

It really depends from school-to-school. I would suggest talking to your academic advisor and/or your school’s internship office or career center since they would have the best answer to that. I would suggest giving them a link to the Disney Education Connection to help them out.

The chances of you being scheduled during the holiday weekend are quite likely, depending on what role you are in. You can always give away your shift or try and ask for it off, so it really should be the least of your worries. Best of luck!

Thanks I am going to try and talk to my parents about possibly applying for Fall at DLR. I am looking at Photopass, Attractions, and Character Attendant at WDW and Photopass, Attractions, or Guest Services at DLR. I really want to do WDW but there's more in LA for me in the fall. plus I got family in the area would be interesting if they could see me working.

Another question but pertaining to applying for it. Does having no prior work experience work against you when applying?

Thanks I am going to try and talk to my parents about possibly applying for Fall at DLR. I am looking at Photopass, Attractions, and Character Attendant at WDW and Photopass, Attractions, or Guest Services at DLR. I really want to do WDW but there's more in LA for me in the fall. plus I got family in the area would be interesting if they could see me working.

Another question but pertaining to applying for it. Does having no prior work experience work against you when applying?

Disney asks question in the interview about situations when you've had to work with difficult people and how you handled the situation, but I don't think work experience is a huge deal. Of course it looks good to have some sort of work record, but I'm not sure that in the long run it really makes a difference.

Disney asks question in the interview about situations when you've had to work with difficult people and how you handled the situation, but I don't think work experience is a huge deal. Of course it looks good to have some sort of work record, but I'm not sure that in the long run it really makes a difference.

Hey everyone! I have a question regarding roles. I got accepted into the Fall program and got the role of Attractions but I'm thinking of going to a character audition. If I do get a character performance role can I decline it and still have my attractions role? I just want to go to the character audition for the experience and I might end up really liking it I just don’t want to end up being a fur character and would love to be a parade performer (I’m way to short and dark skinned to be a face character)!!

Thanks!

So I just had my interview today! Iduno im kinda of worried on how it went! The lady only asked me like 4 questions! I'm hoping since I'm an alumni that it was suppose to be that short! But only time will tell!but sun is my audition so we will see what happens there!

Hey everyone! I have a question regarding roles. I got accepted into the Fall program and got the role of Attractions but I'm thinking of going to a character audition. If I do get a character performance role can I decline it and still have my attractions role? I just want to go to the character audition for the experience and I might end up really liking it I just don’t want to end up being a fur character and would love to be a parade performer (I’m way to short and dark skinned to be a face character)!!

Thanks!
It doesn't hurt to try auditioning for Entertainment. It is quite pointless though if you don't want to work for entertainment. If you happen to get accepted for Character Performer, you do have an option to accept or decline. I believe you should be able to still work attractions if you do so.

Don't sell yourself short!
So I just had my interview today! Iduno im kinda of worried on how it went! The lady only asked me like 4 questions! I'm hoping since I'm an alumni that it was suppose to be that short! But only time will tell!but sun is my audition so we will see what happens there!
Congratulations on your interview! The length of the interview really doesn't matter, it is the quality and points that you conveyed to the interviewer so that they can get a feel if you would be a good fit.

A good lot of the Alumni have been pended, among other things so you aren't really guaranteed an automatic acceptance.

Best of luck at Auditions. Break a leg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter