College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't hurt to try auditioning for Entertainment. It is quite pointless though if you don't want to work for entertainment. If you happen to get accepted for Character Performer, you do have an option to accept or decline. I believe you should be able to still work attractions if you do so.

Don't sell yourself short!

Congratulations on your interview! The length of the interview really doesn't matter, it is the quality and points that you conveyed to the interviewer so that they can get a feel if you would be a good fit.

A good lot of the Alumni have been pended, among other things so you aren't really guaranteed an automatic acceptance.

Best of luck at Auditions. Break a leg!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

hes right, a lot of alumni have been pended for reasons unknown but im sure they are good reasons(im a pending alumni) even current seasonal cms are pending. we just dont know why lol, but we are keeping positive :)

I've been accepted to the program, underneath my arrival date it says Vista Way apartment complex. Does this mean that I'll be staying in vista way, or is that just what it says for everyone and I get assigned my apartment later?

hey everyone!

i just finished the web-based interview and scheduled the phone interview for wednesday.

my question is, after the phone interview is done, how do i find out if i was accepted/rejected/waitlisted? email?

thanks in advance.

"2. One specific requirement is that you must have finished at least one semester of your Freshman year of College, as you must be enrolled in school to enroll in the College Program. My suggestion would be to wait until your Sophomore or Junior year to apply, but it's up to you!"
I'm new to this site so I hope I quoted this right but...

OMG! Thank you for posting this! I applied for fall 2012 and 2 days after my interview I got my rejection letter & I really didn't know why :confused3

I though I did okay on my phone interview (even though I didn't really feel a connection with the woman I spoke to like so stated they did) so I though it had to do with me applying so late...then I read this!

I'm still in my first semester of my freashman year of college! Now it all makes sense! :upsidedow Anyway my question now is

Can I apply for the Spring 2013 semester? Will I meet Disney's requirements now since I'll be done with my first semester? Are there any other requirements,other than the phone interview) that I need to be aware of? (Like school related things they check on)

Ally

I'm new to this site so I hope I quoted this right but...

OMG! Thank you for posting this! I applied for fall 2012 and 2 days after my interview I got my rejection letter & I really didn't know why :confused3

I though I did okay on my phone interview (even though I didn't really feel a connection with the woman I spoke to like so stated they did) so I though it had to do with me applying so late...then I read this!

I'm still in my first semester of my freashman year of college! Now it all makes sense! :upsidedow Anyway my question now is

Can I apply for the Spring 2013 semester? Will I meet Disney's requirements now since I'll be done with my first semester? Are there any other requirements,other than the phone interview) that I need to be aware of? (Like school related things they check on)

Ally

You actually can apply for the program during your first semester of school. I know a lot of people who did and got in. There are numerous other reasons they may have decided to not take you this semester, not enough work experience or even that lack of connections you stated and others like not enough roles checked off. Good luck though in the future! Some people it took them 3 or 4 times to get in! Hopefully that's not the case with you :)

I don't need any hours and won't be taking any classes..but I am disneyworld obsessed and was thinking about taking the course that is about the history and background on walt disney and the parks. I have heard there is no homework, but i wondered if its interesting....boring? Do you get to see a lot of different private parts of disneyworld?
would love go hear from those who have taken the non credit classes?
thanks!

Ally
Hey Ally! You can definitely apply for the Spring/Spring Advantage 2013 for the Disney College Program. The applications will not be posted until September, I believe so it is a few months away. Your best bet is to keep on eye on these boards, the DCP twitter, and the DCP facebook page. It definitely gives you some time to prepare though. You will meet the requirement, but I have heard numerous other things. If you passed the Web based interview within 6 months of apply, you won't need to retake it after applying for the new semester. It's just going to be a process of filling out a new application, the Web Based Interview, and a Phone Interview again.

The majority of schools have their own individual requirements such as GPA, and are the ones who make a decision as to whether or not you receive credit for your program. Just keep your grades up and you should be fine.

I also second everything taigirl said since she's a bit more accurate than I. ;)

Cheers!
I don't need any hours and won't be taking any classes..but I am disneyworld obsessed and was thinking about taking the course that is about the history and background on walt disney and the parks. I have heard there is no homework, but i wondered if its interesting....boring? Do you get to see a lot of different private parts of disneyworld?
thanks!
I have not attended a class during the Disney College Program, but I would suggest checking out the course Syllabi for each course, and the page on Learning with the Disney College Program if you haven't already.

Best of luck!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

thanks!

I took Disney heritage on my first program and it was a lot of fun!!! There's only a couple days where you go to the parks but the class days are awesome cuz you learn a ton about the history.

I took Disney heritage on my first program and it was a lot of fun!!! There's only a couple days where you go to the parks but the class days are awesome cuz you learn a ton about the history.

Disney heritage would be number 1 on my list of classes to take. Is it hard to get into this class or any of them? Is it first come first serve or are you selected for something like Disney heritage based on your academics or something?

Hi! I'm sure this question has already been asked but I can't get through all 3,000 replies to check, haha. So my phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back to you on whether or not you've been accepted after the phone interview. They said it would be a few days between my online survey and my next e-mail if I made it through that, but it only took about five minutes. But I'm sure that's more automated than the phone interviews. Should I expect to wait days, multiple days, weeks...?

Disney heritage would be number 1 on my list of classes to take. Is it hard to get into this class or any of them? Is it first come first serve or are you selected for something like Disney heritage based on your academics or something?
I took it after being extended so I went into the education office and signed up the first day I think. It's all done differently now so I don't know how hard it is.

Hi! I'm sure this question has already been asked but I can't get through all 3,000 replies to check, haha. So my phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back to you on whether or not you've been accepted after the phone interview. They said it would be a few days between my online survey and my next e-mail if I made it through that, but it only took about five minutes. But I'm sure that's more automated than the phone interviews. Should I expect to wait days, multiple days, weeks...?
They will usually let you know how long it may take during your phone interview. Normally you will hear something within two weeks(whether that's acceptance, pending, or rejection)

So my phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back to you on whether or not you've been accepted after the phone interview. They said it would be a few days between my online survey and my next e-mail if I made it through that, but it only took about five minutes. But I'm sure that's more automated than the phone interviews. Should I expect to wait days, multiple days, weeks...?

Here is a link to an article on their blog where the official answer was provided:
http://www.disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=3018#comment-233

Also be aware that this may or may not be a final decision:
http://www.disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=2135

I know if you do fall and extend into spring, you get another set of main entrance passes. Is it the same if you do spring (or spring advantage) and extend through fall? Or is it just because fall into spring is a new year?

Does anyone know type or color shoes required for QSFB role, or is determined by where you work?

Hello!

I applied for the Disney College Program on the second week applications were open, and then pended. I just attended auditions two weeks ago, in hopes for the character performer role. I did fairly well, and told I would hear on April 20th.

Anyways to my question - The presentation for the DCP is coming to an in-state college, and I am wondering if it is worth going. I did go to a presentation when I was applying for Spring 2011, which was informative. Is it worth attending the college presentation for the Disney College Program again?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Hello!

I applied for the Disney College Program on the second week applications were open, and then pended. I just attended auditions two weeks ago, in hopes for the character performer role. I did fairly well, and told I would hear on April 20th.

Anyways to my question - The presentation for the DCP is coming to an in-state college, and I am wondering if it is worth going. I did go to a presentation when I was applying for Spring 2011, which was informative. Is it worth attending the college presentation for the Disney College Program again?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!

I say go! Then you could maybe ask about the pending thing in person :) (also I went to the audition and got cut first round)

I say go! Then you could maybe ask about the pending thing in person :) (also I went to the audition and got cut first round)
I'm definitely going to think about it, considering it is a 1-2 hour drive away. I know the folks running are a somewhat judgmental bunch, and I have been before.

(Sorry to hear you got cut, at least you tried your best! :))

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter