College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I have not had a mock interview with a recruiter, nor have I had any worries passing the Web-based interview. It's all about positivity, happiness, as well as presence and being open to opportunities.

I'm no professional but if you want some practice questions for advice I would happily help out.

There is always the opportunity to apply for next semester, don't give up hope! :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of pending. I can tell you for a fact that you aren't the only one pending. Hang in there... you will make it. Stay positive and remember that it's all temporary.

There is always the possibility of hearing back early...

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Thank you so much for the positivity, I really appreciate it! How long have you been pended?

Sorry for the mulitple post. I do not know how to delete the other one.

So I'm planning on applying for the Spring 2013 College Program, as well as some Professional Internships. Do former CPs have to retake the WBI? Because I'm honestly terrified of failing it since the first time I took it (for spring 2011) I failed before passing for fall.

So I'm planning on applying for the Spring 2013 College Program, as well as some Professional Internships. Do former CPs have to retake the WBI? Because I'm honestly terrified of failing it since the first time I took it (for spring 2011) I failed before passing for fall.

I am a former cp and I had to take the wbi. If you've passed before it shouldn't be hard to pass again. I think the only who don't have to take it again are those who have passed it within the last 6 months or current cast members(including Disney store)

am very very happy but have some questions

1. it says to go to vista way for check in. does that mean that is my apartment or I will be assigned by apartment on move in day?

2. I am 21 and not a partier. I hear Vista is the biggest party place. Can you tell me about chatham, patterson and the commons?

3. is the best way to find a roommate on facebook?

Thank you. You guys have been so helpful

am very very happy but have some questions

1. it says to go to vista way for check in. does that mean that is my apartment or I will be assigned by apartment on move in day?

2. I am 21 and not a partier. I hear Vista is the biggest party place. Can you tell me about chatham, patterson and the commons?

3. is the best way to find a roommate on facebook?

Thank you. You guys have been so helpful

1: it's just where you check in then you get assigned there.

2: the commons is only for international college program participants, but Chatham and Patterson are generally quieter than Vista, I lived in Chatham and it was perfect :)

3: Facebook is a fine way, that's how I met mine, and we were able to meet ahead of time a couple ties since we lived near each other. She's been the best roommate!

Congrats btw!!'

I am a former cp and I had to take the wbi. If you've passed before it shouldn't be hard to pass again. I think the only who don't have to take it again are those who have passed it within the last 6 months or current cast members(including Disney store)

So if I'm a current cast member (College Program in Disneyland now, applying for the CP in WDW for the fall) I won't have to take it?

Not worried, just curious.

Is everything else about the application process the same?

If I apply for fall, pass the WBI, but don't call to schedule a phone interview, that won't be held against me when I apply for spring, right?

Does anyone know what "being pended" reallly means?
I'm just going to refer to one of my friends since she put it perfectly--
Pending is good. Pending is "We like you a lot... let's try and shuffle some people around to see if we can get you in there!" And if this doesn't happen... reapply. Reapply, reapply, reapply, because you will get in eventually. And it'll be magic. Just keep holding on. Don't lose hope or the magic.

I am going to refer to the Disney Programs Blog since I live on there, check out the My Application is Pending - What Does that Mean? entry.

If I apply for fall, pass the WBI, but don't call to schedule a phone interview, that won't be held against me when I apply for spring, right?
It won't be held against you since you aren't scheduling an interview or anything beyond that. I would suggest sending them an email just to be safe...

I am going to refer to the Disney Programs Blog since I live on there, check out the My Application is Pending - What Does that Mean? entry.

It won't be held against you since you aren't scheduling an interview or anything beyond that. I would suggest sending them an email just to be safe...

What if you fill out the application but don't do the WBI?

Yep, you do. You don't even have to take classes while you're down there, it's really whatever you want. If you don't want to take a semester off from school, there's a lot of options with online credits or taking classes there and getting the credits transferred, or taking Disney's classes. Otherwise, the only class you're required to take (from my understanding) is Traditions.

Thank you! That really helped! :)

Yep, you do. You don't even have to take classes while you're down there, it's really whatever you want. If you don't want to take a semester off from school, there's a lot of options with online credits or taking classes there and getting the credits transferred, or taking Disney's classes. Otherwise, the only class you're required to take (from my understanding) is Traditions.
Do you have to be enrolled in classes at your University/College during the College Program? That is the one thing I don't completely understand...

What if you fill out the application but don't do the WBI?
If someone is not able to accept a role they are offered, this would not impact future opportunities. I believe this applies to anyone who doesn't complete the application process.

I know the system prevents you from applying twice in a row, and you will most likely have to wait for the next seasons (6 months) applications to go up.
Thank you! That really helped! :)
My pleasure, let me know if I can be of anymore service! :)

Do you have to be enrolled in classes at your University/College during the College Program? That is the one thing I don't completely understand...

If someone is not able to accept a role they are offered, this would not impact future opportunities. I believe this applies to anyone who doesn't complete the application process.

I know the system prevents you from applying twice in a row, and you will most likely have to wait for the next seasons (6 months) applications to go up.

My pleasure, let me know if I can be of anymore service! :)

I applied and passed the WBI but don't want to schedule a phone interview because I won't be able to go down again until spring 2013 so I sent an email to them explaining the situation. I hope I hear back from them because I'm paranoid they won't read it and somehow it'll be held against me when I apply for spring. :laughing:

Hi Guys! I have a little question. Does the Hire Documentation that we have to complete, must it be hand-written and taken to Orlando or must it be completed on Adobe and turned in virtually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter