College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say if there isn't a response by the end of the day Monday, go ahead and shoot them a quick email asking them when you might expect to hear back. Make sure it comes across that you are EAGER to find out not UPSET that you haven't heard yet :)
Definitely, I am probably the most Eager person I know. I have waited this long, so I would not be Upset at all!

Any idea what email to send it to? I know the usual DCP Email is just a correspondence email to send notifications out.

Thanks Sarah, you have been a tremendous help. I hope you are practicing those corny jokes!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I'm graduating in May, but because I'm still enrolled in classes I'm still eligible for the internship, so I jumped on my final opportunity. My problem is I have one major loose end: LOANS. What would make things a whole lot easier is if the internship somehow counts as a reason to defer the loans (or would that only count if I took classes?), fingers crossed? If not, which I'm sure it doesn't, I'm going to be really broke if I end up going.

I'm graduating in May, but because I'm still enrolled in classes I'm still eligible for the internship, so I jumped on my final opportunity. My problem is I have one major loose end: LOANS. What would make things a whole lot easier is if the internship somehow counts as a reason to defer the loans (or would that only count if I took classes?), fingers crossed? If not, which I'm sure it doesn't, I'm going to be really broke if I end up going.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. What I did a few months ago was set up a meeting with one of my school's financial aid counselors and asked her basically the same question. She told me that as I long as I am still enrolled in at least one course at some point during the 6 month grace period, then my loans will be deferred until I'm completely done with classes. So if the internship counts as any credits for me, the loans will be fine and I won't have to worry about them. Again, this is just what the fin aid counselor told me, I still wanna look into it a bit more on my own.

I can't say if that's exactly true for you too, so I highly recommend you talk to a financial aid counselor at your school. I hope it all works out for you. :thumbsup2

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. What I did a few months ago was set up a meeting with one of my school's financial aid counselors and asked her basically the same question. She told me that as I long as I am still enrolled in at least one course at some point during the 6 month grace period, then my loans will be deferred until I'm completely done with classes. So if the internship counts as any credits for me, the loans will be fine and I won't have to worry about them. Again, this is just what the fin aid counselor told me, I still wanna look into it a bit more on my own.

I can't say if that's exactly true for you too, so I highly recommend you talk to a financial aid counselor at your school. I hope it all works out for you. :thumbsup2

Great idea, I'll definitely stop by and talk with my counselor! Thanks and I hope the same for you :]!

Hello, I have a question I hope someone can answer: What happens after two weeks of waiting (patiently) after the phone interview?

I applied the second week that applications were open, and applied to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I am also open to every job with Attractions Merchandise, and Hopper being my top 3. My phone interview was on February 9th, which I received an email at 11pm ET confirming that it had happened, but got a call on February 10th to reschedule it, which I assume was a communication error. I have waited patiently now, and have been keeping an eye on my dashboard (check it about once a week) and it is still listed as "In Progress". Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, and have a Magical Day! :smickey:

It normally takes longer than two weeks-it took me almost three to hear back. I'm here right now, and I applied on October 17th, had my interview on the 23rd, and was accepted on November 11th. So it might just take a little time.

It normally takes longer than two weeks-it took me almost three to hear back. I'm here right now, and I applied on October 17th, had my interview on the 23rd, and was accepted on November 11th. So it might just take a little time.

I have been really hoping for Attractions (specifically The Great Movie Ride) but will really be open to anything. I will definitely give it another week for next Thursday, and go from there!

(Not Confirmed, Removed)

Thanks Gretchen and hold down the fort at Epcot. ;)

I have been really hoping for Attractions (specifically The Great Movie Ride) but will really be open to anything. I will definitely give it another week for next Thursday, and go from there!

Also, reading that the dates have been filled doesn't help me much. I just read this morning that the first date in May has been filled as of this week. Life goes on...

Thanks Gretchen and hold down the fort at Epcot. ;)

Wait, you're saying the first arrival date in May is full? :-( where did you hear this from? Thanks

Wait, you're saying the first arrival date in May is full? :-( where did you hear this from? Thanks
The Fall 2012 DCP Facebook group is where I heard it from. I would really just take it with a grain of salt since I have not heard it anywhere else and it has not really been confirmed.

I am still hoping for one of the Fall Advantage dates, and it is still hopeful! :)

EDIT: Just removed it from my previous post since it is not actually confirmed, and negative. I'm too optimistic for that. If I could give any hints to make the time go faster, get something to take your mind off of it. Also, stay off Facebook and other places that will make you thing more about it. Just a tip. ;)

I'm not sure if it is true. People may think its full because of the choices they are given after they pay, but I am pretty sure that the arrival dates have to do with the role you were given. I could be wrong. :confused3

The Fall 2012 DCP Facebook group is where I heard it from. I would really just take it with a grain of salt since I have not heard it anywhere else and it has not really been confirmed.

I am still hoping for one of the Fall Advantage dates, and it is still hopeful! :)

Sorry for a double post!!! We posted at the same time ha ha! Anyways yeah, I was thinking taking it with a grain of salt is a good idea. I am also hoping for a fall advantage date(may 21 to be exact). Both my husband and I have to get the same date though.

I'm not sure if it is true. People may think its full because of the choices they are given after they pay, but I am pretty sure that the arrival dates have to do with the role you were given. I could be wrong. :confused3
Most of the arrival dates are based upon a first-come first-serve basis. Those who applied and interviewed first had first choice, I believe.

This only applies to the College Program, not the Culinary or Professional Internships though since those have different processes.

Sorry for a double post!!! We posted at the same time ha ha! Anyways yeah, I was thinking taking it with a grain of salt is a good idea. I am also hoping for a fall advantage date(may 21 to be exact). Both my husband and I have to get the same date though.
No problem, I am just trying to get everyone's questions answered and you are quite helpful!

I edited my earlier post as to not discourage anyone. I hope you both get the same date!

I am starting to freak out...it's been a week and a half, and the little box (checkmark) is only on the second box. What does that mean? Is everyone else check moving forward?

I am starting to freak out...it's been a week and a half, and the little box (checkmark) is only on the second box. What does that mean? Is everyone else check moving forward?

Mines the same way. It's almost about to hit the two week mark and it still shows in progress on the second box. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm hoping we hear from them soon!

Mines the same way. It's almost about to hit the two week mark and it still shows in progress on the second box. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm hoping we hear from them soon!

It'll stay on the second box and in progress until you're either no longer in consideration or accepted. It even took a day or two after I accepted my offer and paid my fees for it to finally move to the post offer stage.

Hey everyone! I am currently on page 38 of this thread and have a couple questions I want to get out before I forget them.

1. I used to have gauged ears. They were 1". Since November, I have left them alone in attempt to close them up. They have closed significantly, but not all the way. Will this impact my chances of getting in? You can't really tell unless you are studying my ears.

2. Does anyone have specific information about the Baking & Pastry culinary program? Currently, I am going to school for this.

Looking to apply for Spring 2013 with a May arrival date. Preferably an advantage program!

:goodvibes

Many drivers in the WDW area are crazy! Most are tourists who are not familiar with the area, already stressed out, and are often driving rental cars they aren't familiar with. My daughter is there for the Spring 2012 program and has had many near misses with other cars. People suddenly make a lane a double turn right or left, and turn in front or her, or are looking at a map and suddenly slow to a near stop, or run red lights, etc. So far she's been fortunate. I even have to admit that when I took her there in Jan, I left Downtown Disney without my lights on, because I was in a rental car and didn't realize I didn't have them on.

You really need to drive really defensively!

So I live like 15 minutes from Disneyland... and I'm interested in the DCP... I was wondering do you have to give up an entire semester for this or can you take like one class at your college and still manage Disney College Program?

Thank you!

You have to be completely available and have an open schedule. Honestly, unless it's an online class, I don't think you'd be able to manage both. They don't let you choose which days you have off on the CP.
I would suggest maybe applying and trying to go part time since you live super close, then maybe you could work out a schedule! But for the CP you need to have open availability!

Hey everyone! I am currently on page 38 of this thread and have a couple questions I want to get out before I forget them.

1. I used to have gauged ears. They were 1". Since November, I have left them alone in attempt to close them up. They have closed significantly, but not all the way. Will this impact my chances of getting in? You can't really tell unless you are studying my ears.

2. Does anyone have specific information about the Baking & Pastry culinary program? Currently, I am going to school for this.

Looking to apply for Spring 2013 with a May arrival date. Preferably an advantage program!

:goodvibes
Hello Madame, great job reading all the pages. I read everything, which is very informative.

1. According to the Disney Look, "Intentional body alteration or modification for the purpose of achieving a visible, physical effect that disfigures, deforms or similarly detracts from a professional image is prohibited. Examples include... earlobe expansion." Looking forward to your next question if you are waiting until next year of 2013, you should be safe. Even so now you should be fine, as long as it is not completely visible. Yes, I have the Disney Look memorized but if you need the official link-- Here You Go.

2. Your two best resources are going to be the Disney Careers Culinary site and signing up for information on the Disney Culinary Program. In addition the Disney Programs Blog pretty much covers the major questions.

If you are looking for a May 2013 Arrival date you will want to apply for Fall 2013 Advantage as the first dates for that program begin in May. Spring Arrival dates are usually January-February-March. Let me know if you have any more questions Ma'am!

So I live like 15 minutes from Disneyland... and I'm interested in the DCP... I was wondering do you have to give up an entire semester for this or can you take like one class at your college and still manage Disney College Program?

Thank you!
My advice is to take some time off of school to devote to the program since you will be quite busy and it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Make sure to enjoy yourself!

So happy & sad at the same time...but excited for our daughter who was chosen for the WDWCP Fall Advanced Program...she leaves in May :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter