College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sir, great job reading all the pages. I read everything, which is very informative.

1. According to the Disney Look, "Intentional body alteration or modification for the purpose of achieving a visible, physical effect that disfigures, deforms or similarly detracts from a professional image is prohibited. Examples include... earlobe expansion." Looking forward to your next question if you are waiting until next year of 2013, you should be safe. Even so now you should be fine, as long as it is not completely visible. Yes, I have the Disney Look memorized but if you need the official link-- Here You Go.

2. Your two best resources are going to be the Disney Careers Culinary site and signing up for information on the Disney Culinary Program. In addition the Disney Programs Blog pretty much covers the major questions.

If you are looking for a May 2013 Arrival date you will want to apply for Fall 2013 Advantage as the first dates for that program begin in May. Spring Arrival dates are usually January-February-March. Let me know if you have any more questions Sir!

This is a little awkward. First, I'm a girl. Second, I was really looking for some first-hand experience with the B&P program. I am already familiar with the website. Thanks.

This is a little awkward. First, I'm a girl. Second, I was really looking for some first-hand experience with the B&P program. I am already familiar with the website. Thanks.
My apologies. That's what I get for typing a response at 1am...

Your best bet for a firsthand experience would be looking through the Culinary Program thread. There are a few people such as ChefChristopher who have done the Culinary Program.

Best of Luck and have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I'm hoping someone has an answer for me...

I applied to the CP for both parks with my first choice being DLR. I passed the WBI and got two e-mails directing me to schedule my phone interview. One of these was obviously a WDW-specific e-mail address and the other just had a general donotreply Disney address, so I don't know if each of these were meant to be for one park or what.

Anyway, I scheduled a phone interview, and after searching on here and Google, it seems I need to schedule an interview for EACH park separately. I went to my dashboard like one of the e-mails said to do, and there's no option to schedule another interview. I called the Disney Recruiting Office, but of course they closed 10 minutes earlier. I know I could call tomorrow, but I'm freaking out a little bit. Maybe I'm missing something totally obvious, I don't know. If anyone can help me, or calm my nerves, I'd so appreciate it!

Thanks,

Rachel

I'm hoping someone has an answer for me...

I applied to the CP for both parks with my first choice being DLR. I passed the WBI and got two e-mails directing me to schedule my phone interview. One of these was obviously a WDW-specific e-mail address and the other just had a general donotreply Disney address, so I don't know if each of these were meant to be for one park or what.

Anyway, I scheduled a phone interview, and after searching on here and Google, it seems I need to schedule an interview for EACH park separately. I went to my dashboard like one of the e-mails said to do, and there's no option to schedule another interview. I called the Disney Recruiting Office, but of course they closed 10 minutes earlier. I know I could call tomorrow, but I'm freaking out a little bit. Maybe I'm missing something totally obvious, I don't know. If anyone can help me, or calm my nerves, I'd so appreciate it!

Thanks,

Rachel
I think that it used to be that you had to schedule two interviews, as it used to be two different applications. Now it is just one application, one wbi, and one interview.

I think that it used to be that you had to schedule two interviews, as it used to be two different applications. Now it is just one application, one wbi, and one interview.
I can confirm this since I applied for both Walt Disney World and the Disneyland resort. They just ask you your priority and if you are still open to both.

Does it get to the dashboard and not load up? That's what mine is doing too.

And just checked my husbands and his is doing the same.
I was just trying to check mine too since I have been getting a ton of different emails from the Disney Careers site and the Dashboard is down. Maybe this would explain all the emails...

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I'm Main Entrance Ops; I was specifically assigned to Epcot Main Entrance, so I cover the front turnstiles, the International Gateway turnstiles, and am currently being trained for Auto Plaza (toll booths).

Oh nice! That should be fun?! After your two weeks, did you email Disney telling them that you are over 2 weeks? It's been over 2 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything from them.

Oh nice! That should be fun?! After your two weeks, did you email Disney telling them that you are over 2 weeks? It's been over 2 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything from them.
I would definitely recommend emailing them. I know they have been very busy reviewing applications the past week, and sending out pending letters as well.

Nope, because honestly, it probably won't make a difference. I knew a lot of people were waiting up to four weeks before hearing anything back. Somewhere on the website it says it could take that long.

So last year i was accepted for my second CP for Aug 2011, but had to self term like the same month due to family problems, and so was wondering....what are my chances on being able to be accepted for this fall? 2012? I got an email saying I have to wait till April to apply. but I really want to go back. I hated how i had to leave early.

Hi, everyone. I just applied for the Fall '12 program. I had not originally planned on applying for this program, but one class messed me up. So i got past the the application and got to the web interview. Before i did the web interview, I had a mock interview with the recruiter I met at the presentation. She conducted it like a real interview up to the point where she said, "so what did you think about that?" Then i did the web interview, and didn't get past it :sad1:

i have absolutely no clue what happened:confused3 The recruiter said my interview was fine and had a very strong chance of getting through the phone interview. I almost feel cheated because i heard back for the web interview so quickly after the application (like 20 min). And i feel that since i did an actual interview (that just wasn't graded), i should be able to get in. the recruiter told me to keep in touch and keep her updated. So i emailed her about it, and i'm hoping she can help me out because this is pretty much my ONLY ticket to get into the program---the mock interview.

**Has anyone ever had a mock interview with recruiter? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I would definitely recommend emailing them. I know they have been very busy reviewing applications the past week, and sending out pending letters as well.

Thanks! I emailed them and got a pending email. 2 months is a long time to wait, but I am keeping positive thoughts.

**Has anyone ever had a mock interview with recruiter? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
No, I have not had a mock interview with a recruiter, nor have I had any worries passing the Web-based interview. It's all about positivity, happiness, as well as presence and being open to opportunities.

I'm no professional but if you want some practice questions for advice I would happily help out.

There is always the opportunity to apply for next semester, don't give up hope! :)
Thanks! I emailed them and got a pending email. 2 months is a long time to wait, but I am keeping positive thoughts.
Welcome to the wonderful world of pending. I can tell you for a fact that you aren't the only one pending. Hang in there... you will make it. Stay positive and remember that it's all temporary.

There is always the possibility of hearing back early...

So last year i was accepted for my second CP for Aug 2011, but had to self term like the same month due to family problems, and so was wondering....what are my chances on being able to be accepted for this fall? 2012? I got an email saying I have to wait till April to apply. but I really want to go back. I hated how i had to leave early.

I can say that I had a similar situation! I actually was in the program my first year of school back in 2008, but had to term within days of getting there due to illness caused by the mold in my Vista Way apartment. I put this on my application and also talked to my interviewer about it, and I was just accepted today for a second program!

The way it was explained to me is that after 60 days, you're free to reapply with a clean record, as long as you had to self term for a good reason. I don't know why you'd need to wait until April to apply, though. If I'm being honest, it seems that a TON of people are applying for the Fall 2012, and you may not stand a huge shot of roles still being available if you wait until April to apply. Maybe try starting a new application now and see what happens? As long as it's been 6 months since you've done your last WPI, I don't see why you should have to wait until April to apply.

Also, we're from the exact same area, it's nice to see people from tx around here!

Is it too late to apply for Fall 2012? If no, does anyone know what the cut-off date is? Thanks!

Welcome to the wonderful world of pending. I can tell you for a fact that you aren't the only one pending. Hang in there... you will make it. Stay positive and remember that it's all temporary.

There is always the possibility of hearing back early...

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your positivity, I appreciate it. How long have you pended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter