Cinderella's Royal Table during Fireworks

HannaLeAnn

Earning My Ears
I have an 8:30 PM reservation for my family on September 18th. If the fireworks start at 9, will we be seated at a table by 9 PM. We have reserved another day to see the fireworks from Main Street, but I was told that seeing them inside is cool if we could grab a spot. I have read that the wait to see Cinderella and actually be seated is very long, so I was wondering what our chances are or if I should move the reservation time. Thanks!

I wouldn’t count on definitely being seated by 9. It’s possible but it’s not a definite

I have gotten lucky twice with the same table by the window at CRT and the first time just happened to be during the fireworks. We had an ADR around 8 pm, I think, with fireworks at 9 pm. It was a unique view and we could feel the heat through the window. We did not ask or expect to be at this table, it was just by chance. Most of the restaurant could not see much and did not even pay attention to them.

We only booked for that day/time to fit it in our schedule. We had done the dessert party the night before with great views.

This was a 2 person table and the below are a couple pictures from January 2018 during fireworks:

IMG_2715-S.jpg

IMG_2718-S.jpg

Even with the best table in the house (castle) you will see a very small part of the show. You can feel and hear it though!

So this whole idea a bad one? I was under the impression it was a hot commodity! ‍♀️

There's no guarantee you'll be up by 9 but I'd say you probably will. I've done this twice and it very magical even to just hear the music piped in. As long as you have another day to watch the fireworks you'll have a great time! It's also super fun to feel like a vip getting passed the ropes behind the castle for dinner! Have a great time!

Wouldn’t count on it either. We had an 8:30pm reservation last year and we ended up getting stuck downstairs for the fireworks. It stunk. Also, the dining experience was pretty horrible. It was akin to eating at Applebee’s or TGIF, very noisy and they sang happy birthday every 5 minutes. That was our third and final time eating there. It’s not worth the cost.

So this whole idea a bad one? I was under the impression it was a hot commodity! ‍♀️

If the fireworks view was your primary reason for eating there, I would definitely skip it. Honestly, I would skip it anyway unless you have a little one who is just dying to eat there.

Been to CRT several times, for each meal, was a fan of the experience until the past few trips. Prices shot up, and quality did not match that increase. Would,be a fun experience to be there during HEA though. I appreciate all the comments and advice about how to increase the chance of making it happen. We have had window tables a few time, and enjoyed the view, the leaded glass added to the realism I think. Perhaps we should try it for next summers trip...

TBH, I have a two year old son, but this isn’t for him. This is for his mama! I have never been able to eat at a table service restaurant besides Rainforest Cafe anywhere in Disney. This trip we have the free dining package, and I want to get in all of the experiences! So while before I have never spent money on table service, especially some place like this, this is kind of like a bucket list item for me.

Also, because we have a two year old, a quiet dinner and ambiance is next to impossible, so a louder environment would be better for him than some of the other “real signature” restaurants for mostly adults and older diners.

TBH, I have a two year old son, but this isn’t for him. This is for his mama! I have never been able to eat at a table service restaurant besides Rainforest Cafe anywhere in Disney. This trip we have the free dining package, and I want to get in all of the experiences! So while before I have never spent money on table service, especially some place like this, this is kind of like a bucket list item for me.

Since this is a bucket list thing I would keep it, but honestly there are way better TS meals that are loud a enough to absorb a two YO. Actually, most WDW restaurants are loud enough to absorb a child! LOL!

I would book Narcoossee for a fireworks view if seeing them at dinner time is important.

If not, and you want one signature meal, why not Yachtsman Steak House?

ANother fun meal in the MK is Skipper Canteen.

CRT is not a great deal on the dining plan because it uses 2 credits. There are SO SO many table service restaurants. CRT disappointed us on so many levels: the food, the cramped tables, the rushed princesses. And everyone is right, the fireworks view is mediocre at best. You're only going to see glimpses of it.

Here's my thoughts, there are not many windows so the chances of seeing the fireworks will be slim. With a 830 reservation time I would plan to get there a little early just to have time to fight the crowd of people waiting for the fireworks. My CRT experience was great but I wouldn't do it again, I only went because my niece was princess crazy at that time. Now I always wanted to go but wouldn't spend the money on it as I really just wanted to eat in the castle, the princesses were an added bonus. I had a much earlier reservation and I got in and seated pretty close to the time my reservation was, although I know that is not always the case.

I had a good experience, the food wasn't fantastic which was a bummer since its an expensive experience. I loved eating in the castle but cost wise it is probably a once experience and not do it again for me.

We ate here for lunch on Thanksgiving day and I thought the food was good. It isn't the worst use of 2 dining credits because the gratuity is included.

If you really want to go, go for it. It's fun to get inside the castle. If you want it simply for the fireworks, I would definitely go somewhere else. There are too many tables that are nowhere near the windows.

I don't recommend showing up early at all. Every time we've eaten here, I've seen people turned away from the check-in desk until 5 minutes or less before their reservation time.

It is a hot commodity. But not because of the fireworks. It's a hot commodity because you're eating in the castle. I suggest everyone eat there once. It's a once in a lifetime thing. I was lucky enough that my once was during the one credit free full dining plan for a value resort stay days. I'd still suggest doing it once even at today's prices. But I doubt I'll do it again until I have grandkids.

I had always wanted to eat in the castle since I never got to as a kid so I've been twice with DH (he was just a boyfriend at the time) I thought the food was okay, nothing amazing, but not terrible. I thought being inside the castle was beyond cool. Totally worth it just to be inside there. I did lunch for both and liked being able to get out of the heat and have a place to relax. It can sometimes take a really long time to get to your table so I would try for an earlier reservation time.

We ate here for lunch on Thanksgiving day and I thought the food was good. It isn't the worst use of 2 dining credits because the gratuity is included.

If you really want to go, go for it. It's fun to get inside the castle. If you want it simply for the fireworks, I would definitely go somewhere else. There are too many tables that are nowhere near the windows.

I don't recommend showing up early at all. Every time we've eaten here, I've seen people turned away from the check-in desk until 5 minutes or less before their reservation time.

I more meant show up early to try to get in the right area since you'll have the crowds for fireworks. I didn't mean they would get in early, I should have clarified. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts