Chef Mickey's now closing for rehab from late November through December

I just got an email about our late November reservation. So disappointed!! It says the only thing that will change is the location....the location is what we were going for!

Last edited:
I just got an email about our late November reservation. So disappointed!! It says the only thing that will change is then change is the location....the location is what we were going for!
I also got the email for my Decemeber reservations. Where is the convention center????
I'm surprised that they're doing the rehab over the Christmas holiday period.

Seems like they would wait until after January 1.

The convention center is adjacent to the Contemporary Resort tower building. It's white and green stripped, I believe. #7 in the image below.

crbltmap2-jpg.261289

crbltmap2-jpg.261289

Honestly I'm not interested in keeping the reservation if it's not in the original location. My 6 year old is obsessed with the monorail. That the main reason we were going. I'm going to hang onto it for now to see if the dates end up changing. I can always cancel closer to the date.

Honestly I don't understand the fascination with the monorail. There is almost exactly one section in chef mickeys that sees the monorail. We've never been in that section and it hasn't made a difference. You see the characters and the food is still terrible.

Honestly I'm not interested in keeping the reservation if it's not in the original location. My 6 year old is obsessed with the monorail. That the main reason we were going. I'm going to hang onto it for now to see if the dates end up changing. I can always cancel closer to the date.

Yes, being in the atrium with the monorail is it's most redeeming quality.

I saw a special private booking Halloween Meal with Mickey & Minnie in costumes at CSR ... then saw it was in a ballroom .... lost all interest.

Doing it over Christmas means it won't interfere with revenue from the convention center. There are not many conventions then.

But that convention center is just "blah" so I would not be happy with moving it there. I would rebook if I had a reservation.

I'm surprised that they're doing the rehab over the Christmas holiday period. Seems like they would wait until after January 1.
Don't they usually have a big thing (can't remember what) at the convention center on Christmas eve/morning?

I have a ressie for Sunday December 17 and I did not receive an email about it being moved. So maybe it will be done right before the holiday rush?

Doing it over Christmas means it won't interfere with revenue from the convention center. There are not many conventions then.

But that convention center is just "blah" so I would not be happy with moving it there. I would rebook if I had a reservation.

When they were supposed to close when we had our reservation in August, they called me and said they had some really nice things planned for when its in the convention center. Obviously they said they couldn't have the monorail run through, but like I said, there are very limited tables that actually see the monorail. I guess what the person said makes sense because for 60 dollars an adult and 40 dollars a child, they are going to have to do something to make it worthwhile or people will be canceling and asking for money back.

Since it is at the convention center I would imagine they could do some unique decorating in there. I'm curious what it will look like. I hope someone posts pictures!

I have yet to get an email for our December 14th reservation. Sounds like there is a possibility it is done by then.

So far, I have not gotten an email for our November 25 reservation, either. Fingers crossed we get the regular location!

Even if the meal is in the convention center, people are still free to walk into the hotel and watch the monorails before/after dining. There is nothing actually preventing anyone from going to see monorails during their visit to the Contemporary Resort. As others have said, there are only a limited number of seats from which you can see the monorail while dining anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!