Character Heights/CP Auditions

Hi hi all,

My Disney obsession began at a very young age. It was masked by my obsession with The Wizard of Oz, though. If they had a Dorothy face character in any park anywhere, you'd be guaranteed that I would try my hardest to get that job. I can recite the entire movie word for word, play out every single scene. When I was little, my mother made me a Dorothy costume, and I wore it -constantly-! I even refused to be called by my first name, only responding to Dorothy. But anyway....:dance3:

My love for Disney grew stronger when I stumbled upon that famous Disneyland Youtuber, Bri-chan/Briberry. Fond childhood memories flooded my head every time I watched her videos. I was instantly obsessed! I wanted to have a job like that so bad. It is a silly, silly dream. :cloud9:

I am posting now because I am looking for some advice...
I live in Tampa, Florida, and have thought very seriously about trying out for a face character at Disney World. I would LOVE to play Alice, but for ridiculous reasons, they usually have short actresses. I am 5'5 1/2, according to the last doctor's visit... so that means, no Alice for me. :sad: But honestly, playing *any* face character would be fun regardless.

My question(s) are....
I was thinking of working at Busch Gardens to get experience of working at a park first before trying for Disney. I've done acting before, for about 3-4 years in High School. (waaay back when. :P) So I kind of felt like doing a similar job as Disney would help get me back "in the groove."

What are your thoughts on this? Should I spend about a year in another park before Disney? Or should I just go "balls out" and go for my dream?

Also, as I've said before, I am 5'5 1/2 and weigh 115... what types of face characters would I be able to play? I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help! :hug:

Hi hi all,

My Disney obsession began at a very young age. It was masked by my obsession with The Wizard of Oz, though. If they had a Dorothy face character in any park anywhere, you'd be guaranteed that I would try my hardest to get that job. I can recite the entire movie word for word, play out every single scene. When I was little, my mother made me a Dorothy costume, and I wore it -constantly-! I even refused to be called by my first name, only responding to Dorothy. But anyway....:dance3:

My love for Disney grew stronger when I stumbled upon that famous Disneyland Youtuber, Bri-chan/Briberry. Fond childhood memories flooded my head every time I watched her videos. I was instantly obsessed! I wanted to have a job like that so bad. It is a silly, silly dream. :cloud9:

I am posting now because I am looking for some advice...
I live in Tampa, Florida, and have thought very seriously about trying out for a face character at Disney World. I would LOVE to play Alice, but for ridiculous reasons, they usually have short actresses. I am 5'5 1/2, according to the last doctor's visit... so that means, no Alice for me. :sad: But honestly, playing *any* face character would be fun regardless.

My question(s) are....
I was thinking of working at Busch Gardens to get experience of working at a park first before trying for Disney. I've done acting before, for about 3-4 years in High School. (waaay back when. :P) So I kind of felt like doing a similar job as Disney would help get me back "in the groove."

What are your thoughts on this? Should I spend about a year in another park before Disney? Or should I just go "balls out" and go for my dream?

Also, as I've said before, I am 5'5 1/2 and weigh 115... what types of face characters would I be able to play? I'm just curious.

Thanks for all the help! :hug:

I say go for it! You can always audition for Disney and see what happens, then get a job working at Busch Gardens. Work experience definitely helps, but Disney takes whomever fits the role and does their job well, no matter the work experience. I think working somewhere else would be beneficial, but Disney is unique in a lot of ways with how they operate. It's really up to you, but I would try to get down there as soon as I could!

With your height, you're in a lot of groups-princess height, you could be Vidia from the Pixie Hollow movies, a plethora of fur characters...but from what I understand there are a lot of people that audition at your height, so keep that in mind. Someone else could probably help you more with that part.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks for the help! I think that I'll do the Busch Gardens thing for the summer, then try out for Disney when school starts up again!

I really wish I wasn't so tall, haha. Oh well, can't change that~ Thanks for the help again. <3

Thanks for the help! I think that I'll do the Busch Gardens thing for the summer, then try out for Disney when school starts up again!

I really wish I wasn't so tall, haha. Oh well, can't change that~ Thanks for the help again. <3

You're welcome, and definitely come back and tell us how Busch Gardens works out! I think it would be fun to find out how other parks work:)

And about the height, you're talking to a girl who stands at 5'9. I hear ya, sister.

Hey everyone! I have a question regarding roles. I got accepted into the Fall program and got the role of Attractions but I'm thinking of going to a character audition. If I do get a character performance role can I decline it and still have my attractions role? I just want to go to the character audition for the experience and I might end up really liking it I just don’t want to end up being a fur character and would love to be a parade performer (I’m way to short and dark skinned to be a face character)!!

Thanks!

For those of you going to auditions this month, I have heard that they are starting to cut people at the beginning stages due to crowd sizes.

Also, I can confirm that they hire a majority of the Character Performers from the first audition location.

To those of you going, good luck and break a leg!

Hey everyone! I have a question regarding roles. I got accepted into the Fall program and got the role of Attractions but I'm thinking of going to a character audition. If I do get a character performance role can I decline it and still have my attractions role? I just want to go to the character audition for the experience and I might end up really liking it I just don’t want to end up being a fur character and would love to be a parade performer (I’m way to short and dark skinned to be a face character)!!

Thanks!
Do you have a strong dance background and can easily pick up and go with a dance? The best test for parade performers is going to be the dance portion of the audition, which increases in difficulty.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

so im auditioning tomorrow is SF, i auditioned for Fall 10 and i didnt get it. im not the best dancer in the world haha i do have some character jobs in the past. but i was just wondering i remember the first part of the dance was easy ( i know they change it) but the second part i couldnt keep up or get it. but i was jw for anybody that knows if for some reason i dont get the last part of the dance and i just wing it would they downgrade me on doing that? and the last time i check i was about 5'11'' 6'ish does anybody know what characters i could be? thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forums and I am very much interested in the Disney College Program and the Character Performer role. I have looked around these forums alot, but I really could only find information on girls, and I've noticed that mostly only girls talk about the auditions.

Can anybody speak about males and auditioning? Is it harder or easier to find a spot? How many males try out and how many are selected usually? Is it hard to learn the dance (no dancing experience)? I am very much interested in this and if anybody can help me out and give me as much info as possible it would be great!

By the way, I am 6'0, athletic build, fairly tan skinned but Caucasian. Maybe hoping to do a face character, prince, or Aladdin or whatever.

Thanks!

so im auditioning tomorrow is SF, i auditioned for Fall 10 and i didnt get it. im not the best dancer in the world haha i do have some character jobs in the past. but i was just wondering i remember the first part of the dance was easy ( i know they change it) but the second part i couldnt keep up or get it. but i was jw for anybody that knows if for some reason i dont get the last part of the dance and i just wing it would they downgrade me on doing that? and the last time i check i was about 5'11'' 6'ish does anybody know what characters i could be? thanks!
My apologies on the late response, but best of luck! Just give it your all and have fun with it, as that is really what they want to see. The dances are always increasing in difficulty to show a range and variety in movement. Again, as long as you give it a go and have fun with it you at least have a chance. Depending on if you are a guy/gal there are quite a few fur and face characters for that height.

Break a leg!

Can anybody speak about males and auditioning? Is it harder or easier to find a spot? How many males try out and how many are selected usually? Is it hard to learn the dance (no dancing experience)? I am very much interested in this and if anybody can help me out and give me as much info as possible it would be great!

By the way, I am 6'0, athletic build, fairly tan skinned but Caucasian. Maybe hoping to do a face character, prince, or Aladdin or whatever.

Thanks!
To tell you the truth, there is a pretty equal guy and gal perspective on the Character Auditions board. Males have as just as good of a chance as Females auditioning. Eventhough they are vastly outnumbered (about 1 guy to every 20 girls from my auditions) there are quite a few that show up. It is the same process, and in all fairness it all boils down to talent, enthusiasm, and personality that they are looking for.

There is no definitive number for the number of guys that try out, and are subsequently accepted but it is going to a lower percentage since the majority of people that audition are gals.

The dance is a routine that increases in difficulty as it progresses, so it will keep you on your toes if you haven't done dance before. Coming from someone that has done tons of theatre, and choreographed a dance for theatre as well as participating in the dance, it is definitely increasingly difficult. It's definitely a great experience and opportunity since you will learn a lot!

I would strongly suggest not telling them "or whatever" if you do attend auditions though. Stay positive, and best of luck if you decide to attend!

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Hiya!

So I posted way back when because I was interested in learning more about the program, so I now understand the process. However I was wondering if there was any update on the character list. I'm 4'10" and 17, I will not grow any more, I just don't have it in me :P I was wondering if I could get another person 2 cents on what I might be put in. I would like to be tinkerbell, but I've had some conflicted responses on her height so I am not super sure. And just fyi I'm larger chested but thinner framed, so I shouldn't have a problem fitting in smaller fur.

HEY!
I know they had some recent character performer auditions, does anyone want to share their experience???:cutie:

HEY!
I know they had some recent character performer auditions, does anyone want to share their experience???:cutie:
I know a few of us have attended auditions, and plan to attend auditions, so ask away! (Almost anything, I have been limited on what I can say)

I went to the SF audition there was about 110ish people. We went and practiced our first dance which was like movements across the floor!(not a dancer so kinda messed up) then they lined us up and we had to do it in groups of 3. And then the lady made cuts. She cut about 45-55 people and that's when I can't tell you anymore cuz I was cut haha!

I know that every person accepted to entertainment gets a handbook which states the height requirements for both face an fur characters in the park. I have not seen a current one. Appears the one floating around is from 2007 or so. So many new characters have been introduced since then but no list (especially with height requirements) can be found :confused3. My daughter adutioned and was measured at 5ft .05inches. She made it thru the measuring/picturing taking phase, the dance and the improv :woohoo: then was told she could leave and they kept 5 FT behind (She is DCP)..If it is Disney intregrity reasons for no new posting I completly underderstand ;) but thought it was worth a shot.:cool1:

Disney stopped distributing the height cart in 2008 to their new Cast, due to people posting it on the internet. Managers and scheduling/duty base have access to the new charts, but that's it. So it's not likely you'll find one on-line anymore, unless someone has been keeping a personal list.

I went to the SF audition there was about 110ish people. We went and practiced our first dance which was like movements across the floor!(not a dancer so kinda messed up) then they lined us up and we had to do it in groups of 3. And then the lady made cuts. She cut about 45-55 people and that's when I can't tell you anymore cuz I was cut haha!

Thanks for sharing. Sorry you got cut. What job did you get a disney? Also, it wasn't a dance? hmmm...

I know a few of us have attended auditions, and plan to attend auditions, so ask away! (Almost anything, I have been limited on what I can say)

Thanks,
I really didn't have a question I was just curious on how the auditions were this year. It seems like they change a little bit as time passes.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry you got cut. What job did you get a disney? Also, it wasn't

Ya it was a dance across the floor. And I haven't worked at Disney since Fall 10' but then I did Bell services at WDW and in 08' I worked at DLR and was a custodial busser. And right now I'm waiting to hear back for another cp I only applied for attractions tho!

Disney stopped distributing the height cart in 2008 to their new Cast, due to people posting it on the internet. Managers and scheduling/duty base have access to the new charts, but that's it. So it's not likely you'll find one on-line anymore, unless someone has been keeping a personal list.

Thank You Berlioz70.:littleangel: Do you know if 5ft .05 inches characters though are high in number?:confused3 Say more than the OLD list prior to 2008

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter