Character Heights/CP Auditions

My DD21 will be at the Pittsburgh audition tomorrow, and I have a question. She's between 5'11" and 6', so we're wondering what she's even going to be considered for? Are there any face characters she can be friends with, or just fur?

Thanks!

KCpirate:

I went to Philly, there were so many people that they didn't do any extra pictures or videotaping. My mother said some girls said they had been possibly pulled for princess.

For anyone who's been to an audition for the fall 2011 cp, what's the animation been? I heard about some sort of tree thing, but was curious if they were doing that specific animation at all of the cities or doing different ones. Thanks!

I talked to my university about Disney's CP program and I get absolutely no credit :sad2: My biggest fear is that I will get down there and all of my money will go to housing (I want to live in Chatham) and food. Can your money? Everyone I've talked to said that they spent it all...however, I am a professional scrooge. Anyways, is it possible to put like 15 or 20 bucks aside a week without having to work overtime?

I talked to my university about Disney's CP program and I get absolutely no credit :sad2: My biggest fear is that I will get down there and all of my money will go to housing (I want to live in Chatham) and food. Can your money? Everyone I've talked to said that they spent it all...however, I am a professional scrooge. Anyways, is it possible to put like 15 or 20 bucks aside a week without having to work overtime?

It's very possible!! You can save way more than just $15 a paycheck. When I actually tried to save money it was easy. I left the program with over a thousand dollars in my bank account with I guess is a spectacular feat for CPers My biggest piece of advice? Don't buy your lunch/dinner or go out to eat all the time! Pack your lunch for work and make dinner when you aren't at work. If you're hanging out in the parks for the day take snacks/lunch with you.

You just need to be aware of your money and what you are buying. I honestly don't know how people are SO broke living down there. I didn't find that was
the case at all...I wasn't 21 though so I couldn't spend all my money on alcohol...

p.s. I also didn't get any credit at all and it was still well worth it!

I totally agree with Scully! You can save and not be broke the whole time. I went down with a little nest egg (about 1,000 saved just for the cp) and while I'm not sure I added to it I maintained it the whole time and went down with the same ammount I went with. Scully's tips are spot on. I always brought my lunch, mainly because it saved time and I could actually eat at work rather than waiting in line. I also cooked dinner for myself (hot dogs and pizza rolls, not real food. lol). I went out occasionally but not a ton and I didn't go downtown/citywalk and buy drinks at clubs. Those things definitly saved me money. If you do that and don't buy everything in sight (resist the urge, its a pain to get it all back home at the end), then you will be fine and can save.

Thanks!! My counselor person made it seem impossible! Like there was no way lol. Can you buy dinners (mirowavable stuff) at stores nearby-there's a big possibility I wont be bringing my car so if these stores are in walking distance that would be helpful. I have a friend who works down there and she said something about a cafeteria? Maybe I heard her wrong.

Also, what are ya'll's majors. I'm history lol which has NOTHING to do with being a character lol

Thanks!! My counselor person made it seem impossible! Like there was no way lol. Can you buy dinners (mirowavable stuff) at stores nearby-there's a big possibility I wont be bringing my car so if these stores are in walking distance that would be helpful. I have a friend who works down there and she said something about a cafeteria? Maybe I heard her wrong.

Also, what are ya'll's majors. I'm history lol which has NOTHING to do with being a character lol

Hmm, while they are convenient, microwaveable dinners aren't very good for you, and actually can get very pricey in the long run, depending on the ones you buy. The sodium in those things are outrageous!

Please don't only eat microwaved stuff! haha. I only say this because making some spaghetti or rice will last you 2-3 meals and be way better and cheaper. There is a bus to Wal Mart. It's often packed. Go early or late. Or be better than Wal Mart ( because it's just gross lol) and shop at Publix. Don't let people fool you into thinking it's more expensive. They have BOGO deals that are perfect. Pasta Sauce and Crackers and all the foods college kids like. And the sales change week to week. It's much closer than Wal Mart. You could walk in 10-15 minutes. You just can't buy more than you can carry for that long. Or you can drive with me. haha. When's your arrival date?

I don't know what your pal meant by cafeteria, but there is one in Hollywood Studios that does have real food for not too much money. It's big on pizza.

I still recommend healthier food, not only for the obvious, but because you need to get through looooong Disney work days. And if you work outside or something...yeesh.

An average CP meal for me was: toast and coffee for breakfast, salad and crackers for lunch ( ruined by the free soda you get working in QSR ) spaghetti for dinner and the occasional chocolate trinity ice cream from Publix.

Sorry I wrote a novel. lol. My major is still up fro grabs, but I'm leaning towards geography, which also has nothing to do with being a disney character performer.

I'm sure it has been posted someplace, but I can't seem to find how long it takes for disney to get back to you on if you get to be a character or not. Do they tell you right on the spot, or do they take a few weeks? If so, how do you know what character(s) you will be? I am interested in being a character, with everyone else! :)

I believe people have said that it is 3-4 weeks. I'm pretty sure thats what they said last time I auditioned. First time I auditioned I got a response via letter and the second time via email. So it can come either way. And who you are friends with is based on height.

You won't find out the characters you will be "friends" with until you are in training. However, if you know your Disney Height, it's easy to guess some of them

If you fit the height range, can you ask to be a character? I really would like to be Alice/Wendy aka someone in face lol - I'm around 5 and 5 foot one, but I'm afriad they wont look at face at my audition. I'm planning on auditioning in Nashville or Atlanta.

Also, if applying for the CP program, do you have to put down a second choice for a job opportunity? I kinda just want to be a character, and am not interested in getting anything else. However, I'm afriad it'll look bad just requesting to be a character/mark being a character and not putting down ride attendant or something.

If you fit the height range, can you ask to be a character? I really would like to be Alice/Wendy aka someone in face lol - I'm around 5 and 5 foot one, but I'm afriad they wont look at face at my audition. I'm planning on auditioning in Nashville or Atlanta.

Also, if applying for the CP program, do you have to put down a second choice for a job opportunity? I kinda just want to be a character, and am not interested in getting anything else. However, I'm afriad it'll look bad just requesting to be a character/mark being a character and not putting down ride attendant or something.

I'm not sure about the first question- although I don't think you can ask. They put you where they think is right. I've heard of someone who thought they were a shoe-in for one character and were placed as an entirely different character they never expected.

You can just put Performer. There was a girl at my audition in Pittsburgh who said she only put performer and would only go if she got performer. You just won't know if you're going until after the audition. I'm not sure if it looks bad or not, though.

No unfortunately. You can't ask to be a character (especially face). That will be decided by Disney.

And no, you don't have to pick any other roles. However, you'll have to wait until after the audition to find out if you were accepted.

So I was just told that there are auditions open to ALL CPs for face during the programs. I wanted to verify this with some vets and also to ask if this is common or did it just happen this time because they had a lot of openings?

I assume you are probably hearing about the audition on Wednesday which is the current cp extension audition. If that is the case then yes they will most likely look for face characters at that audition and that is normal. Outside of that I don't think there are any other CP face auditions.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but I was told that by a current cast member that there was one in february for face for the current term that was open to all CPs. I know of one cast member from attractions who went. I thought it might have been an extension but they said no. So...I dunno. Is it rare? is it misinformation? I dunno, but I'd sure like to find out...I know whatever role you get you stick with, no transfers, which is fine by me because I'm very excited about attractions! BUT it'd sure be nice to have another opportunity to get into entertianment.

On February 9, 2011 there was a special Female Entertainment audition that was open to the CPs. Several of the Spring 2011 CPs received an email informing them of the audition and even though some of them had recently auditioned in the fall (less than 6 months) they were able to attend the special Feb. Audition.

Not sure if this is very common or not. I am pretty sure a lot of that was based on labor needs and perhaps some spots needed to be filled.

They did not have this sort of audition during the Fall 2010 program.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest