Cases rising or dropping by you?

Here in TN between 16 counties (one being one of our main urban areas) we have 8 ICU beds availabl. 8 beds for 16 counties. And my county commission is meeting today to vote on stripping any power away from the health department...we are complete idiots

Here in TN between 16 counties (one being one of our main urban areas) we have 8 ICU beds availabl. 8 beds for 16 counties. And my county commission is meeting today to vote on stripping any power away from the health department...we are complete idiots

ugh...that's awful. This vaccine can't come soon enough!

Here in NJ we still have capacity, but our hospitals are still doing elective surgeries. Back in March-June....here in NJ, our hospital parking lots were empty, as it was only those with Covid, and others too sick to be at home with other issues. Now, those lots are full. I know our Governor is really watching our hospitalization numbers. We hit a low of 420 Covid patients in mid-September. Now we're up to nearly 3,300 Covid patients...a big jump in 10 weeks.

If one in a household here is exposed, tests Positive, or has Covid is to quarantine away from the rest of the household. My Db & Dsil had to do a back to back quarartine because of their circumstances. They have 2 bathrms so it was not as difficult. RV sales soared and were parked on homeowners property. RV rentals, and in some cases employer paid occurred too.

It is the same here. My mom a 2 students that were in quarantined but the rest of the family was not. The two kids stayed in the basement with no contact, other then their parents giving them food, for 2 weeks. These were 7th graders. In my house we would not be able to quarantine apart. Ours house is small with one bathroom nor would I leave my 13 and 14 year olds to be by themselves for 2 weeks.

In what my mom told my step dad they were going to quarantine apart even without being exposed or anything. She would do it as a precaution so that if he did find that he was exposed or started to get symptoms she would be ok. He canceled the trip so there is no need for them to do this now. But if he did go then this was her plan.

I finally broached the topic last night with my son about not coming home for Christmas week. He recently moved out to San Diego (October) from the East Coast. He's looking so forward to coming home. He was very excited to move out there but with all the closures and restrictions, he's not been able to do anything except take the dog to the beach and he and his partner have not been able to find any sort of friend group. I think they are going crazy. In that regard, he's been very safe as there's been no interactions with anyone and they work from home. I hear the plane rides are relatively safe, but I just don't know what to tell him. He seemed like he was gonna cry last night when I mentioned him not coming. :guilty: Not literally, but he took it harder than I thought.

I finally broached the topic last night with my son about not coming home for Christmas week. He recently moved out to San Diego (October) from the East Coast. He's looking so forward to coming home. He was very excited to move out there but with all the closures and restrictions, he's not been able to do anything except take the dog to the beach and he and his partner have not been able to find any sort of friend group. I think they are going crazy. In that regard, he's been very safe as there's been no interactions with anyone and they work from home. I hear the plane rides are relatively safe, but I just don't know what to tell him. He seemed like he was gonna cry last night when I mentioned him not coming. :guilty: Not literally, but he took it harder than I thought.

:hug: Are you able to DUO or another face time them on your phone or other device? I'm in contact with family this way, and it is the next best to being there.

Last edited:
Texas is supposed to tighten restrictions again once certain numbers rise for a week and they reached that point. They will go back to 50% capacity and bars have to close. This still isn't as strict as some areas but its a lot for Texas.

Are they able to quarantine first and then drive? Could be another safe option.

No, they only have about 10 days off and the drive across country is 4 days each way. They basically do quarantine now but working remotely and doing nothing in their free time. It's just the flight that would be the exposure risk.

No, they only have about 10 days off and the drive across country is 4 days each way. They basically do quarantine now but working remotely and doing nothing in their free time. It's just the flight that would be the exposure risk.
I feel for you and for them, and absolutely respect your decision. :grouphug:

If it was me, I would take all the precautions, including testing and quarantining, then buy them some N-95 or at least KN-95 masks and have them visit.

I'm just happy mine lives only 2 hours away. He's spent the last week here working from our house, after testing to come back on Thanksgiving. Coast to coast is rough.

It’s crazy. No one seems to care anymore.

No one? There are many of us trying hard. Isolating, quarantining, keeping our distance outdoors, etc. My husband and family made the decision last night to cancel having our kids fly in from out of state for Christmas this month. Not taking the chance. Tulane in New Orleans is offering PCR tests done through 1/1/2021 in their labs, with results usually available in 4 hours retail for $100, and our kids could be tested but their jobs aren’t remote ones. They don’t get enough days off to quarantine for the 7 days CDC recommends.

We will have a great big belated Christmas later, and maybe Grandma’s long term care facility will allow visits by then. We will all be older and wiser and vaccinated by then.

It’s crazy. No one seems to care anymore.
There are many of us trying hard. Isolating, quarantining, keeping our distance outdoors, etc.

I agree Snappy. Many of us are following CDC & state guidelines. Our family is all local, but our contact is limited. My siblings & I have to care for our elderly, compromised mother. But it is with masks on & only 1 or 2 of us there at a time. My DH, DD & I are essential workers but DS & DDIL are WFH. We see DD once a week & DS & DDIL only rarely since March. We all limit our time in stores or in public. Also everyone, even extended family members are wearing masks everywhere. My DH has even taken to carrying hand sanitizer with him. I never thought I’d see the day he willingly wore a mask, used sanitizers or shopped online. But even he’s vigilant about it. Lots of people do care & are still very worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter