Carol's Challenge on "South Beach". Can I do it? (Comments Welcome!)

Beth...Thanks for joining me for my clippie party! Can you believe that I decided not to have any of that wonderful ice cream today. I felt that I could do without it. Thanks again!

PAdisMom...Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with me!

Doreen...Thanks for coming to my party. I do feel lighter on my feet and find that simple tasks are easier for me. Who would have thought that 11 lbs. would make that much of a difference?!?! I will not post while I am gone because there will be no way for me to do so. The plan is to stay op as much as possible. so far, I haven't missed a day of posting, yet. I really do appreciate your advice. I have both the SB book and the SB recipe book. They are lifesavers for me. The food is great.

Lisa...Thanks for celebrating with me!!! This will be my second cruise and the first for the rest of my family. We are excited!! I read everywhere that a Disney Cruise is AWESOME!!! We shall see and I will give a full report when I return.
You probably think that I am crazy for planning to go off program when on vacation!:crazy2: I thing that I needed to be up front with my Dis friends. I see both sides. I also think that by not being so strict on myself while on vacation, I will get back op as soon as I return. My other diets have not been a success because I was too obsessed and when I blew it then I stayed off. I just want this diet to be something that I do for me and my family to help make us all healthier. One thing that is not in my plan is to pig-out!!! Thanks for all of your advice. It means so much to me. Look how successful that you have been.:sunny:

Carol

I had another good day. My menu was:

water

breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices canadian bacon, 6 oz. V8, decaf

snack- 16 mixed nuts, water

lunch- romaine with tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, turkey, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing, decaf, water

snack- lf moz. cheese string, water

supper- baked tilapia with ginger sauce(Yum), sauteed cabbage, water

snack- sf strawberry jello, decaf

more water

I did not exercise at all. I did stay op.

signing off...Carol

You are doing great. I'm sure you will have a great time on your cruise. What a treat!

wilderness...I have been dreaming of this cruise since 1999!!!:sunny: A treat it will be! Thanks for the praise!::yes::

Today was good! My menu was:

water

breakfast- 2 slices canadian bacon, omelet with tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, and lf moz. cheese, decaf

snack- 15 mixed nuts, water

lunch- cucumbers with oil & vinegar, 2 slices turkey, 1/4 cup lf cottage cheese with tomatoes, decaf, water

snack- sf strawberry jello, decaf

supper- sauteed spinach, tuna, water

snack- Pierre's sf ice cream-1/2 cup

more water!

No exercise, but I felt really weak today. I really don't understand why because I am eating healthier than I ever have in my life!!!

signing off...Carol

Hi Carol!
Thanks for checking up on me, I am feeling much better thanks!
I know I'm late for the clippie party- but here I am!:thewave:
11 pounds already, that is awesome.

Please give us report on the Disney cruise, I would love to go sometime. I think it will have to be awhile, DS and I read a book the other night, about the Titanic, and I think he will not want to go on any ships for awhile.:( It was fiction story, but I didn't realize how much it explained before it was too late.We'll just stay on land for awhile. :D Maybe next year!

Keep up the great work-

gadizlover...Thanks for stopping by! Titanic is a scary story, especially for a child. I will let you know how our Disney cruise turns out!:D

I have not been able to get online for the last several days because of a virus that infected our computer!:mad:

I have had great days and have stayed op. I had my weigh-in this morning(5-4) and am happy to report that I have lost 4 more pounds. That makes a total loss of 15 lbs. in 4 weeks!!!:Pinkbounc

I will not post my menu today, because I have spent most of the day on the phone and the computer trying to get the problem fixed. I am scared that the problem will come back! Hopefully NOT!!!

I guess I need to go and get my new clippie!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

signing off...Carol

Thanks for celebrating with me, wilderness! I was shocked because I thought that I would be down 2 or 3 pounds. There will be a time, I'm sure, when I won't lose any or gain some. Maybe, that will be a while. :D

Today was a good day. My DH did make homemade pancakes and although I wasn't tempted, they were sure looking good! As I have said before, his pancakes are one of my favorite foods to eat! Yummy!!!

My menu today was:

water

breakfast- eggs florentine, 2 slices canadian bacon, 6 oz. tomato juice, decaf

lunch- celery with laughing cow cheese, cucumber and tomatoes with vinegar & oil. water, decaf

snack- 15 nuts, water

supper- tilapia with ginger sauce, sauteed cabbage, tomatoes, water
sf cherry jello, decaf

snack- splenda ice cream, decaf

more water

I still had no exercise. I have been feeling kind of weak for the last week or so. I am not sure why.

signing off...Carol

CONGRATULATIONS CAROL! tHE CLIPPIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

You are doing an amazing job. Keep it up, and don't worry about a plateau until one hits. Enjoy every second of your success. I hope you are feeling better.
Beth

Thanks wilderness! I am not sick. I just feel weak. Do you think that this has something to do with SB diet? I may not be getting something that I need.:confused:

Beth...thanks for celebrating with me! I do have to admit that I am enjoying the fact that my clothes are looser on me. I also like seeing the size of my face and rear end shrink!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Today was a good day. My menu was:

water

breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, 6 oz. veggie juice, decaf

lunch- salad with cucumbers, broccoli, cheese, and no dressing, water

snack- sf cherry jello, decaf

snack- celery with laughing cow cheese

supper- boiled shrimp, green beans, tomatoes, water

snack- Pierre's ice cream with Splenda, decaf

more water

signing off...Carol

Today was another good day. I stayed op, even at the restaurant the I went to. I didn't find that hard to do at all.

My menu today was:

water

breakfast- I did not eat because I had a bad headache. I stayed in bed until late

lunch- boiled shrimp, green beans, tomatoes, water, moz. cheese string, decaf

snack- sf pistachio pudding, decaf

supper- jerk chicken salad with vinegar % oil dressing, decaf, water

snack- sf orange jello, decaf

water and more water
signing off...Carol

Carol,
You are doing a wonderful job on your diet! And 15 pounds in 4 weeks?? That is wonderful!!!!:jumping1: Keep up the good work Carol!

Tracy:wave2:

Tracy...thanks for the encouragement. It's still nice to know that I am not alone in this battle!:D

Today was a pretty good day. I did not eat everything that I should have eaten. My menu today was:

water

breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, 6 oz. veggie juice, decaf

snack- cashews, water

lunch- turkey wrap with tomatoes, romaine, lf moz. cheese, water

snack-celery with laughing cow cheese, water

more water

I was really busy today and did not make the time to properly prepare for the day.

signing off...Carol

Hey Carol,

I hope you have a wonderful day today. Happy Mother's day.
Beth

Hi Carol-

Just trying to get caught up on everyone's journals.

Hope you are not feeling as weak as you were, personally, this weather we have been having is playing havoc with my sinuses.

Cool in the am, hot in the pm- my head is spinning. Wish the weather would just stick to one or the other!:teeth:

Bet you are getting excited about your cruise- enjoy it to the fullest.

And great work on the 15 lbs- isn't it a great feeling:teeth:

Have a great week-

Beth, wilderness, and gadizlover...Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement that you give me!:sunny:

Today was a good day. My menu was:

water

breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, spinach sauteed in olive oil, 6 oz. tomato juice, 2 slice canadian bacon, decaf

lunch- steak and romaine with tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, lf moz. cheese, decaf

more water

My big problem is lack of exercise. Although, I do get some from time to time when I work with a hoe in my garden. I realize that this isn't the same as a good, brisk walk, but it is some. This is something that I will have to make a priority!

signing off...Carol

Hi Carol!:wave2:
Your menus always look so good! You are doing a fantastic job! It looks like your cruise is right around the corner. I hope you have a great time! DH and I talked about doing a Disney cruise, but we want to wait a few years when our kids can really enjoy it. (They are 3 and 1 right now.) Please let us know how it goes.

Have a wonderful week!

Tracy

Hey Tracy!

I really am enjoying the meals and snacks that I am having. They are simple, but tasty.

I understand your reason for waiting before you take a Disney Cruise, although I am sure you would still have a ball. If I had to make that choice, I would wait a few years also.

Our kids are 15,13,11, and 8. I will be 37 this Friday!:D My hubby is 40. We are all looking forward to the cruise and WDW afterwards. We are at a different stage in life with our family than you are, and we do miss those toddler years. But. we are through with having babies. I'm sure we will have grandchildren soon enough!

Carol:sunny:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter