Carol's Challenge on "South Beach". Can I do it? (Comments Welcome!)

Julie... :wave2: The weather was beautiful this evening, but, for some reason, I was so tired. It was a long day! :crazy2:
I do have a wonderful park to walk in, which is located 1/4 mile down my street. I live in a small town in Central GA. How about you? I saw the weather tonight for the next week and it sounds great! Thanks Julie for the support and advice!

Carol:)

Hi Carol,

You are doing a great job staying on program. Keep it up. The park sounds like a lovely place to walk. Can you plan some time this weekend for one?

Have a great weekend,
Beth

Thanks Beth!:D I will try my best to get to that park and walk. The weather is supposed to be beautifu this weekend!

Today was a good day. My menu for today was:

Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, tomato juice, decaf, and , oh yeah, a 24 oz water appetizer.

Snack- celery with Laughing Cow cheese wedge, water

Lunch- romaine with cucumbers, tomatoes, turkey, cheese, and vinegar and oil dressing, one moz cheese string, water

snack- 14 almonds, water

supper- ham, green beans, tomatoes, boiled egg, water

snack- jello, water, decaf and more water

signing off...Carol

I appreciate that DAX! It helps me to know that I have a support group!:D

Today was a good day, although I didn't get that walk in like I had planned! 3 of our DC are playing ball and today was opening day. You know where we spent the day today!

My menu today was:

Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, veggie juice, decaf, 24 oz. water appetizer

more water

lLunch- baked fish with ginger sauce, sauteed cabbage, spring mix salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, sf lemon jello, water

snack- 18 pistachio nuts , water

supper- sauteed spinach, 1 boiled egg, moz. cheese string, water

snack- sf cherry jello, decaf

more water

I hope that I have progressed because I have stayed on program and drank plenty of water. I weigh one a week on Tuesday morning.

signing off...Carol

I finally go a little exercise today!:D This is one thing that I will have to work on!

I stayed op today. My menu was:

Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, tomato juice, decaf, 24 oz water before meal

snack- 15 almonds

lunch- spring mix with cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, green onion, lf moz. cheese, bell pepper, with vinegar & oil dressing, water

snack- moz. string cheese, water

supper- 1 grilled hamburger pattie, green beans, water

snack- sf cherry jello, decaf,water

I could start adding carbs back into my diet tomorrow, but I think I may wait a while longer! :confused:

signing off...Carol

Hi Carol-
Hope you got some walks in this weekend - it was beautiful weather.:sunny:

I live in PTC, and we have all those golf cart paths, so we (I usually drag the whole family) walk to a little nature path about 1/2 mile from the house- walk the path again and back home. Just gotta make sure you listen for the golf carts- don't want any broken bones on these walks.:teeth:

I found out last week there is another path across from the nature walk- and its uphill! So I added that side also yesterday and today- a little extra work, but the downhill is fun. :D
The walking is helping with the weight loss, and is much more fun than the treadmill, although I use that too if I can't do outside walking.

Hope you have a great weigh in this week-

Hi Carol,

Great job staying on program AND getting your exercise in. WTG! I stayed on induction for quite a while. I was doing great, and then I got bored. My suggestion is don't overdo Phase I. Once you get bored, you may start to cheat. just a thought.

Have a great Monday,
Beth

Carol, sounds like you're in the groove! Your menus look good, although I have to second Beth's advice. Don't stay in the restricted phase too long. Your body may get too used to the lower amount of food. In the long run, you're better off in phase 2.

Keep it goin', Carol!! :sunny:

EDIT: I almost forgot! You asked about how to get the WISH clipart into your signature. On the main WISH board, near the top, is a thread called "All the WISH clipart all in one place". This thread has the instructions for how to add the clipart to your signature. Pick the appropriate one - I think you've lost 5 pounds since joining WISH, so you'll want the 5 pound clippie.

If this all seems too confusing, let me know and I'll walk you through it step by step.

Hi Carol!

I'm back to check on you again. It sounds like you are doing so well! I'm very proud of you. I was a little hesitant to start adding the good carbs back when it was time to go to Phase 2 so I did a modified Phase 1.5 as I liked to call it and just added back 1 good carb per week until I was satisfied that it wouldn't cause a stall or worse yet make me gain.

If you ease in to it, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Way to go with the exercise! Keep up the great work! And don't forget to grab your clippie! You'd earned it!!!! :)

I know what you mean about adding back the carbs. It is frightening to me. I have added back a few carrots in my salad and strawberries twice in the last 9 days. Also a few more nuts on some days if I didn't do the carrots or strawberries. Do what works for you. You sound like you are doing great!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks...Doreen, Julie, Lisa, Beth, Wilderness for all the advice and support you continue to give me. Believe me, that helps me more than you can ever imagine!::yes::

Today I stayed op. My menu was:

24 oz. water

breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, 6 oz. veggie juice, decaf

snack- moz. cheese string

lunch- broiled fish( with a little olive oil), sauteed cabbage, 8 cherry tomatoes, water
sf jello

supper- spring mix with tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, mushrooms, turkey, 1 boiled egg, lf mox cheese, vinegar & oil dressing, water

snack- 14 mixed nuts, celery stick with laughing cow cheese, water, decaf

more water

signing off...Carol

I could not wait until tonight to post because today is my weigh-in day. It is bright and early and I could not resist the scales!!! This is the end of my second week and I have lost another 3 lbs.!
WOO!HOO!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Maybe, with more exercise, I could lose another three this coming week!::yes::

Carol:sunny:

Carol, your clippie is lookin' BEAUTIFUL!!!! :Pinkbounc Good for you!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Three pounds gone forever!! Buh-bye pounds! :wave2: Stay away from Carol - you're not welcome around her anymore!! ::yes::

Keep it up!! Whatever you're doing sure is working!! :sunny:

Hi Carol!
I just read through your journal and I wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your weight loss!:jumping1: Congratulations!

You are doing a wonderful job on South Beach! Your menus sound really good! I was supposed to start South Beach a few weeks ago, but did not feel like I was ready to give up my "comfort carbs" yet. I have been trying to tweak my diet so that I have less carbs and more protein though. Keep up the good work Carol!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Tracy:wave2:

Wilderness, Doreen, and Tracy...Thanks for joining in on my celebration!!!

Tracy...SB is easier that you could ever imagine! I love bread and have done without for a little over 2 weeks. There is a chicken recipe that I fell in love with!!! I am looking forward to eating leftovers tomorrow evening.

One of the reasons that today was a good day is that I stayed op!!! My menu was:

water

breakfast- 2 poached eggs, spinach, 2 slices Canadian bacon, tomato juice, decaf

lunch- chicken with cilantro dip(YUM), steamed asparagus, water

snack- moz. string cheese, water

supper-mixed greens with cucumber, cheese, turkey with oil and vinegar, water, sf vanilla cafe' latte from Starbucks!

snack=14 mixed nuts, water

snack- sf jello, decaf

I did not exercise today. This will have to be top priority for me in the future!

signing off...Carol

Congratulations Carol!

You are doing an amazing job and the results are showing. Can you post the cilantro dip recipe. it sounds yummy. Oh by the way, sf vanilla latte is my favorite drink at Starbucks. You've got me thinking about one. I might have to make a stop for a treat tomorrow.
Beth

Beth...that sf vanilla latte was surprisingly good! I wouldn't mind one right now!:teeth:I will get that recipe for you soon.

Today was another good day. My menu was:

water

breakfast- 2 boiled eggs, 6 oz. veggie juice, 2 slices canadian bacon, decaf

snack- celery with laughing cheese

lunch- steak and salad with tomato, cucumber, green onion, lf moz. cheese with vinegar & oil, water, decaf

supper- chicken with cilantro dip and asparagus, water

snack- 13 mixed nuts

snack- sf orange jello, decaf

more water

Still need to exercise!!!

signing off...Carol

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest