Card still says DVC “ND” after buying direct

cgraigy11

Earning My Ears
Hello, we had the itch to become blue card members so my wife and I took advantage of Aulani onsite incentives to become direct members. Unfortunately my digital membership card still says DVC ND in my Apple Wallet although the temporary card on the DVC website says DVC Y (that’s good at least). I tried following to no avail so thought I’d try asking on here to see if anyone went from resale first to direct owner members and had any luck with getting DVC Y before I reach out to member services? Here’s what I tried (multiple times over past 12-16 hours after purchasing direct, maybe need to wait longer):
1. Deleted existing card from wallet
2. Signed out of Disney world experience app
3. Signed back in to Disney world experience app
4. Followed steps to get card added to wallet

No luck with these steps, still says DVC ND. Thanks!

Clear the affected cookies. (My mistake…apparently no cookies)

Last edited:
It can take a few days to update. If you are traveling soon, you can print the temporary card from the website until the digital version updates.

We had the same problem when we purchased direct onsite. We called member services and they were able to send updates to the app. It didn’t work the first day so we called again in the morning and it was sorted out. Hope that helps because if you want the discounts, sparkle bands and popcorn it is a bit important for the Y to be there :)

Hello, we had the itch to become blue card members so my wife and I took advantage of Aulani onsite incentives to become direct members. Unfortunately my digital membership card still says DVC ND in my Apple Wallet although the temporary card on the DVC website says DVC Y (that’s good at least). I tried following to no avail so thought I’d try asking on here to see if anyone went from resale first to direct owner members and had any luck with getting DVC Y before I reach out to member services? Here’s what I tried (multiple times over past 12-16 hours after purchasing direct, maybe need to wait longer):

Whether this still works or not I do not know, but when they first released the Apple Wallet version of the card and it was wrong for people I discovered the following steps that would "fix" it:

1) Remove the card from your Apple Wallet
2) Go into your profile in the MDE and either change or remove your phone number, save it,
3) Go into your profile in the MDE and and change or add the phone number back.
4) Add the card to your Apple Wallet again

Try #1 again since you reinstalled it in #4
Delete app off of phone.
Restart the phone
Go into App Store and download
Sign in
Re add to the wallet.
See if that works.

Somehow the DVC/Y on my mobile magic card disappeared. Called member services the other day, and it took less than ten minutes to get it squared away, and there was no long wait time for a live person to pick up. Because you're a new direct owner, I'd give it a few days and make the call if it fails to appear. :earsboy:

I still show ANNUAL in my MDE and I haven't had an AP since 2018! I have had CM's give me an AP discount when I show my "card" in my Apple Wallet even though I tell them I have no AP. I have no idea how to delete it, but at least my DVC Y is correct as I am a "grandfathered" blue card holder.

Hopefully, Disney's IT will be a little quicker to fix the OP's account and get the DVC Y in place 8-) :love:

I still show ANNUAL in my MDE and I haven't had an AP since 2018! I have had CM's give me an AP discount when I show my "card" in my Apple Wallet even though I tell them I have no AP. I have no idea how to delete it, but at least my DVC Y is correct as I am a "grandfathered" blue card holder.
Yea my SO had the AP showing until we got new phones. Our Disney Visa symbol disappeared and that never returned although we still have it.

I had the same problem when I went from resale to direct. I called member services and they were able to fix it right away. The next day I pulled up my membership card just to admire it and it was back to ND. Called again, the person I spoke with had to escalate it to someone else. I can't remember the title but it had something to do with IT. They were able to fix it. The problem was that I had signed into my app with multiple different log ins (my husband's, his families...). Even though I had deleted the app and reinstalled it, it was still causing problems. So if you have ever signed into your app with a different log in, just call and ask them to fix it.

Thanks everyone for responses and sorry for delay, we are traveling back home today 😭. I tried all the recommendations so far and no luck unfortunately (uninstalling app, changing phone #, etc). And yes we did 150 points fwiw. I’ll likely give member services a call this week and see how it goes. I’ll report back once I figure this out, thanks again everyone!

Yea my SO had the AP showing until we got new phones. Our Disney Visa symbol disappeared and that never returned although we still have it.
Disney Visa Symbol? My card doesn't have that, yet I've been a Disney Visa card-holder for well over 10 years.

Disney Visa Symbol? My card doesn't have that, yet I've been a Disney Visa card-holder for well over 10 years.
Yup it used to show but hasn’t for some time. Others had it as well.
I am just plain old DVC Y.

Not sure if they had anything for D23 members or Disney+ as those never showed if they did.

They do show in the MDE app when I click on Profile and then “Memberships and Passes”
I'm able to see all of my affiliations on my Apple Watch.

On my iPhone, I see: "DVC Y,ANNUAL,CASTAWAY CLUB..."
On my Apple Watch, I see: "DVC Y,ANNUAL,CASTAWAY CLUB,DVIC".

I'm going to assume "DVIC" stands for Disney Visa Card.

The only real problem I have with the digital card is actually on Apple's end. They are notorious for providing very poor third party developer support, changing permissions, forcing app license renewals and security updates, you name it. The digital wallet can be a pain as well, with digital cards not updating, dropping off, credit card expiration dates not updating, you name it. If you have your Starbucks card in your wallet, go ahead and see what the balance is. About 90% of the time, the balance in the upper right hand corner never changes/updates, and I'm reasonably sure Starbucks is more heavily dependent on the digital wallet than Disney is (most Disney-related stuff can be found in MDE).

Quick update, I'm still having the issue where DVC ND shows up instead of DVC Y. Tried all the suggested workarounds this morning again given it's been ~5 days and still no joy. I ended up chatting with someone on the DVC member site and they were not helpful. I explained the situation and was told "I do apologize. I am not sure why it is doing that. We only have the instructions on how to add card to your wallet." So essentially no help at all. I had to suggest if it could be escalated to IT or somewhere/something? I was told they could "fill out a form" to the IT department and that I should hear from them with no ETA so I'm in limbo. Really bummed after forking over the money for direct to still be considered ND. I know in the end I'm fine and ultimately still considered "Y" but this stinks.

@tidefan, yes I wish they would bring the card back at this point too....lame.

Edit: fixed typo.

Quick update, I'm still having the issue where DVC ND shows up instead of DVC Y. Tried all the suggested workarounds this morning again given it's been ~5 days and still no joy. I ended up chatting with someone on the DVC member site and they were not helpful. I explained the situation and was told "I do apologize. I am not sure why it is doing that. We only have the instructions on how to add card to your wallet." So essentially no help at all. I had to suggest if it could be escalated to IT or somewhere/something? I was told they could "fill out a form" to the IT department and that I should hear from them with no ETA so I'm in limbo. Really bummed after forking over the money for direct to still be considered ND. I know in the end I'm fine and ultimately still considered "Y" but this stinks.

@tidefan, yes I wish they would bring the card back at this point too....lame.

Edit: fixed typo.
5 days - isn’t that still in the 10 day rescission period? Call your guide & express your disappointment in the poor customer service you’re receiving, maybe your guide can escalate things for you :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter