Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

I remember at one of my teenage birthday parties a bunch of us were huddled over the turntable playing my mom's vintage original White Album, spinning it backwards so we could hear all the hidden messages.

You've lived a fuller life than I.

You didn't notice that she was about twice as old as the "queen"?

Nope! I thought she
was a friend!

All my friends on the DIS (who take fantastic fireworks shots) use them. Then they can do long exposures and catch the trails and those large bursts don't overexpose the shot.

Interesting.
I googled a few tips
and none suggested using an ND filter.

I'm going to have to try it, soon. On Jan 11, I'm taking a group of my local friends for some fun at the park, sorta like we'll do.

Looking forward to seeing some!
(Assuming you'll post?)

You're going to barely make it with one day....sure you don't want to sneak in a second day? :confused3

Well...... :rolleyes:

Well, it sure was good, but I don't need another one! Especially with all the eating I am doing this week!

:laughing:
I'll leave that part up to you.

Interesting.
I googled a few tips
and none suggested using an ND filter.

Hmmmm......well, we'll see if it helps. Both these friends who recommended it to me take absolutely stunning pictures of the fireworks.

Looking forward to seeing some!
(Assuming you'll post?)

If I have time, of course!

Well...... :rolleyes:

I'm waiting...

:laughing:
I'll leave that part up to you.

Well all I can do is give it my best guesses!

Merry Christmas and happy all other holidays.

Merry Christmas Carrie!

Hope everyone has some great food today!

Oh we did! And then.... something funny/sad happened.

It's shaping up to be a crazy day here at the in-laws. 16 people doesn't sound like a lot but for an only child it's madness!!!

Yow. Should be wrapping up around now.
You still alive?

I'm trying my best to win some caramilk. I'll get my guesses in soon.

No big rush. It'll be a few days
at the very least.

And then.... something funny/sad happened.
Oh??? Do tell.

You still alive?
Barely. I'm highly allergic to their dogs. That part isn't fun. Then I had to go visit my mother today. I almost wasn't able to wake up this morning. We went to TJ Maxx to get our present - a new mattress cover and two new pillows (the kind that are cooling). I saw a purse I loved but wasn't able to get it. One reason is that I got a new Mickey head Vera Bradley purse for Christmas. It's awesome! Hidden Mickey's all over it!

Oh??? Do tell.

I have a schedule for cooking on Christmas, you know?
Like a lot of people, it starts earlier than that day,
but everything has to come together at the same time, right?
So, Turkey in the oven. About two hours before it's done,
I get an old family recipe going.
An hour before it's done, I get the tourtierre
in the oven.
Prepping is going on all the while.
Salad torn, dressing made, asparagus prepped,
potatoes peeled.... etc.

One of the things I can do ahead of time is crush
some garlic for the asparagus.
(I steam them then sauté them
with butter and the garlic.
Serve sprinkled with Kosher salt.)

Getting down to crunch time.
Potatoes are almost done,
Water is boiling for the asparagus,
turkey is carved, stuffing removed...
Throw on the asparagus, set timer
for 9 minutes.
Drain off spuds. (Dad and Kay like 'em riced,
so that's what I do.)

Finally, everything's done and I get the DDs
and Ruby to carry everything to the table.

And oh, yumm!!! It was soo good.
After a while, we're all stuffed and happy.
But saved a bit of room for dessert.
(Mom brings a yule log.)

I go into the kitchen and.... what's that?
Crushed garlic.....

The asparagus is still sitting in the steamer.

Oops. Elle says she wants some.
So I cook it up and she has a bit.
No one else does, I think.

Whoops!

Barely. I'm highly allergic to their dogs. That part isn't fun.

Then why on Earth do you do it?!?!?

Then I had to go visit my mother today. I almost wasn't able to wake up this morning. We went to TJ Maxx to get our present - a new mattress cover and two new pillows (the kind that are cooling).

You'll have to tell me if those work.
I'm thinking of getting some,
but won't if it's not as advertised.

I saw a purse I loved but wasn't able to get it. One reason is that I got a new Mickey head Vera Bradley purse for Christmas. It's awesome! Hidden Mickey's all over it!

Well, so no purse, but you got a really nice purse.
I guess you can't be too sad.

Plenty enough stories to share for both of us. The company is what counts.

Very well said, Liesa. I've always said that.
Without everyone, what would be the point?

nice costume!! and yes, you do look similarly to him, but seem much nicer!

1. 7:15am

2. 3 minutes

3. Animal Kingdom

4. yes

5. nay- trying to think positive!

6. Dinosaur

7. It's tough to be a bug

8. of course!

9. Flame Tree barbeque

Bonus: Did you see IT?
yes and yes! productions all over the place!!!

Very well said, Liesa. I've always said that.
Without everyone, what would be the point?

Rhetorical question, but for the sake of driving the point home: None.

So many good friends, conversation ranging from good old fashioned ribbing to meaningful insights, there's something, and someone, for everyone. I'm happy to be part of such an excellent community.

And here... in celebration of such drivel, I shall now use the one emoticon I've never used before.

Stand back, Everyone, and BEHOLD.....

:disrocks:

You are welcome. .

Then why on Earth do you do it?!?!?
Because it's DH's parents. I can't never go over there! We might try to just go there for the day next time. But that's six hours in the car in one day! Maybe we'll get a hotel room one day.

You'll have to tell me if those work.
I'm thinking of getting some,
but won't if it's not as advertised.
I haven't used mine yet, might tonight. DH used his last night. I'll have to ask him how he liked it.

Well....
I was hoping to start the next update...

But, what the heck!
Everyone picked this week
(or last week)
to update their TRs.

I have much reading to do....

Hello! I'm getting back to "important stuff" after Christmas hibernation!

So, now it looks like California
is in the works for March.
A quick trip. But a trip nevertheless.
Sounds good. I've never been, but obviously would love to get down to Disneyland someday.

Even he thought it was long.
At least that's what he toad me.
Poor bugger sat so long waiting
I thought he was gonna croak.
I didn't want to smile, I really didn't. But I just can't help but laugh at a good dad joke.

But I will say... that you all failed miserably
in your guesses there.
Miserably.
Well yes, yes we did. But you know, we're trying to get into your head. Do you know what kind of a place that is? :scared:

Long pants would be unbearable.
And I did see some guys wearing jeans.
I've been to Florida in October and April, and it's quite hot enough for me at those times (apparently it gets worse somehow). But I have seen guys walking around in jeans, and going on raft rides where you know the jeans will be wet. Schlepping around in wet jeans is not pleasant. Of course those guys are often accompanied by a lady who thought wearing stilettos to a theme park was a good idea. Sometimes you just have to shake your head.

And don't you just love how Sally is standing?
She was really good at moving and walking
like she does in the movie. Loved her.
I have to confess I just didn't get into the movie. I tried watching once a couple years ago, but I fell asleep half way through.

(Bonus points if you can tell me
who took the photo)
I don't remotely have an answer for that. I'm just wondering why you're trying to unlock your car doors when you're obviously nowhere near the parking lot. :p

I really dig these guys.
Me too. I don't know how many pictures DW and I took trying to get the sparks when they scrape the pavement. I don't think we ever did get a good one.

The photographer turned deathly pale,
raised one shaking finger and pointed
over my right shoulder.
I'm still annoyed by my shot with that ghost. It was MNNSHP in 2010, the Photopass guy told us he would do one regular picture in front of HM and one magic shot with the ghost. Of course, he gets them mixed up. So we have one nice picture of us smiling for the camera - with the ghost looking on, and then we have another pretending to be scared...of an empty chair. Grrr....

I've got to get all the way
to the front of the park
to get the vantage point I want.
I've always gone farther up in the hub, but I really like this location. One to keep in mind.

"Are you the Duke of Weselton?" She asked.
Why yes, I am.
Just curious, did you ever consider going to meet Anna & Elsa in this costume?

Questions, next round:

1. What time does the alarm go off?

2. Bus. Morning. What's the wait time?

3. Which park do I go to?
Hint: Seriousy? Did you read the update?

4. Rope drop? Yes or no?

5. Extra security? Yay or nay?

6. First ride of the day?

7. Which show did I see for the first time?

8. Do I get asked for directions?

9. Where did I have lunch?
Hint: No ADRs accepted there.

Bonus: Did you see IT?
Of course you saw it.

1. 7:15am
2. 7 minutes
3. What, you mean we’re supposed to read all of it now? Not just scroll through to look at the pictures?! Well, OK, in that case, AK
4. No
5. Yay, anybody who looks like they’re from Weasel town obviously gets extra security.
6. Expedition Everest
7. Flights of Wonder
8. Yes
9. Flame Tree Barbecue

Bonus: I saw IT on the first go around, but didn't notice your new sponsorship until a second looksie.

Hi Ponzie. Just popped in to say hello - have been enjoying the banter but realised I haven't stopped by to comment. Sorry! I'm loving your trip report. I did see it on the chimney stack - I did see your earlier insertions but just kept swimming. Mermaids..eh? The Hallowe'en party is on my bucket list - might need to wait until my retirement - will you still be sponsoring the parade by then? I spotted your Duke of Weselton straight away even though you weren't as scrawny (an improvement I might say). That was good that some other guests interacted with you. I love your ghost photos - I knew there was something dubious going on here! Sorcery I suspect. Funnily enough on Christmas day we were waiting on my eldest brother arriving so we could serve up Christmas dinner and turned on the TV and watched the start of Frozen. I felt the need to explain to my family about you when the Duke of Weselton made his first appearance.

I felt for you waiting in the rain - your poor shorts get a terrible time of it. I got caught on a deluge on Christmas Eve of Florida proportions but cold. I had decided that I needed to get Alan some beer for Christmas. I didn't park in the supermarket car park as I thought it would be too busy so I parked in another car park in the village. Anyway I had intended just getting a few bottles of beer but they didn't have any left so I bought a box of 20. The supermarket didn't have any bags big enough so I put them in a trolley. Outside the rain started there's me wheeling this trolley with my box of beer. I get to the end of the car park and was faced with the sign of no trolleys beyond this point so I pick up the heavy box of beer and start running. The box gets really wet and the cardboard is getting soggy and starts to bend. I readjust my arms round it and keep running. I must have made a pretty sight running through the village with a box of beer in my arms. The box was becoming more precarious by the minute and I had visions of beer bottles flying in all directions. I get to the car and try to balance the soggy box while trying to locate my car key and open the boot. Now in hindsight I should have stopped and decanted the beer bottles into the empty shopping bags I was carrying but as they say hindsight is a wonderful thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter