Cabanas on Castaway Cay

mamajab

Earning My Ears
We are booked on concierge level for a cruise in Sept, so my TA advised I book immediately when our window opens if I want a cabana. Since we splurged on the booking, I'm considering booking the cabana too, but it's very expensive. For those of you who have done it, is it worth it?

Yes, the cabana is very worth it to us. We find it makes the day much more relaxing. The beach isn't crowded. We have our own space, the outdoor shower, the hammock, drinks delivered, etc. For us, it is one of the highlights of every cruise.

Also, note that to get a cabana, you want to request it in an email to concierge staff sent at exactly midnight (Eastern time) 125 days before the start of your cruise. Don't wait to book it yourself when the window opens online because they may already be gone.

Worth every penny. If you think there's even a small chance you might want one, book it. You can always cancel.

We are booked on concierge level for a cruise in Sept, so my TA advised I book immediately when our window opens if I want a cabana. Since we splurged on the booking, I'm considering booking the cabana too, but it's very expensive. For those of you who have done it, is it worth it?

Depends on how long you plan to be at the beach. When we booked a cabana, we stayed on the beach all day and it was nice to have our own shade/shower, privacy (we left briefly for a bike ride and eating at the BBQ.)

Yes, the cabana is very worth it to us. We find it makes the day much more relaxing. The beach isn't crowded. We have our own space, the outdoor shower, the hammock, drinks delivered, etc. For us, it is one of the highlights of every cruise.

this is how we feel as well

Also, note that to get a cabana, you want to request it in an email to concierge staff sent at exactly midnight (Eastern time) 125 days before the start of your cruise. Don't wait to book it yourself when the window opens online because they may already be gone.
Please provide more details about emailing the concierge about booking one. What is the email address? Is this a way to circumvent the booking process? Is this a guarantee you'll get one?

Please provide more details about emailing the concierge about booking one. What is the email address? Is this a way to circumvent the booking process? Is this a guarantee you'll get one?
Your booking window as a concierge passenger opens 120 days before the cruise at midnight Eastern time. About two weeks before that, if you are paid in full, you will receive an email from the DCL concierge line explaining that you can email any things you would like them to book up to 5 days ahead of time, including cabanas, excursions, dining, spa, tastings, and other events.

You can send this email to the concierge team starting at midnight Eastern time 125 days before your cruise. I recommend sending it exactly then if you want a cabana. Based on my experience, the concierge team books these requests before the 120-booking window opens. If you don't email the concierge team, then, you will lose out to everyone who does. It also makes it easy because you can type up the email ahead of time, send it at the exact time, and be done with it.

It's not so much a way to circumvent it, as an alternate booking process available to concierge guests. I think it's also meant to keep the concierge bookings informally ahead of platinum members, without officially saying it.

Some recent threads have included sample emails and the email address. I would note that if you are not paid in full by about 135 days in advance, you may not receive that introductory email from the concierge team.

There are more Concierge staterooms (41 on the Dream & Fantasy, 44 on the Wonder, 32 on the Magic) than available cabanas (26 total - 20 Family Beach, 6 Serenity Bay) so there is a chance you won't get one.

Last edited:
The cabanas are great and we never regret getting one. includes snorkel gear and floats, provides nice private place to eat lunch, and cabana guest only bathroom.

Depends on how long you plan to be at the beach. When we booked a cabana, we stayed on the beach all day and it was nice to have our own shade/shower, privacy (we left briefly for a bike ride and eating at the BBQ.)
We usually stay on the beach all day anyway, but certainly would if we book a cabana

You can send this email to the concierge team starting at midnight Eastern time 125 days before your cruise. I recommend sending it exactly then if you want a cabana. Based on my experience, the concierge team books these requests before the 120-booking window opens. If you don't email the concierge team, then, you will lose out to everyone who does. It also makes it easy because you can type up the email ahead of time, send it at the exact time, and be done with it.
FYI, if you use Gmail it now has a "Schedule Send" feature that will let you specify an exact time and date for an email to be sent, so you don't even have to be awake to pull this off anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter