BWV refurb is in full swing.

I'm home now. Heading back to BWV Oct. 25th. Need to catch up at home before we do it again. The resort was very quiet the last few days before leaving. I guess since half the resort was closed, it was expected. Hopefully someone will keep us posted.
Thanks for all your updates! I hope you had a great trip. We'll be there in mid December.

I'm home now. Heading back to BWV Oct. 25th. Need to catch up at home before we do it again. The resort was very quiet the last few days before leaving. I guess since half the resort was closed, it was expected. Hopefully someone will keep us posted.

Thank you for scouting out the progress! We'll be at WDW Thanksgiving week but not staying at BWV. I may wonder over there just to check out progress :rolleyes1

I guess that they'll be redoing the DVC sales rooms at the same time as other Boardwalk views. I'm a little surprised they weren't done for the mockups.

I know there is no way to know, but based on current work and what was observed with rooms being taken out of inventory, would it seem likely if we had a pool and garden view room booked for mid February that we would get a refurbished room?
We have 4 days booked in a pool and garden view room, have 3 of the same days also booked in a boardwalk view room and waitlisted the last day since that seems to be expected to be completed earlier.

So April 2024 is the end date? And we will all get Murphy bed/couches?? I’m there June 22 so fingers crossed thank you for the updates!

I know there is no way to know, but based on current work and what was observed with rooms being taken out of inventory, would it seem likely if we had a pool and garden view room booked for mid February that we would get a refurbished room?
We have 4 days booked in a pool and garden view room, have 3 of the same days also booked in a boardwalk view room and waitlisted the last day since that seems to be expected to be completed earlier.
My guess is the p/g view has a 50/50 shot of getting a refurbed room mid-Feb, and BW view should be 100%.

eta - now that I think about, refurb p/g view has a higher shot, maybe even closer to 100%. If the second half of villas is closed for refurb then they could only put you in a refurbed p/g from the first half of refurb that’s already completed.

Thanks for the updates, is there any confirmation that one bedrooms will be getting Murphy beds?

So April 2024 is the end date? And we will all get Murphy bed/couches?? I’m there June 22 so fingers crossed thank you for the updates!
The only confirmation is that when they announced RIV would have them, they also announced that they would be putting them in all the DVC resorts as they refurbished each one. As far as I know, BWV does not have any of the structural issues (such as the slanted ceilings on the top floor at BRV) that would prevent them from installing the queen or double size Murphy bed/couches in the living rooms and in the studios. I do not expect them to install the bunk size Murphy beds under the TVs in the living rooms, due to the location of the connecting doors.

eta - now that I think about, refurb p/g view has a higher shot, maybe even closer to 100%. If the second half of villas is closed for refurb then they could only put you in a refurbed p/g from the first half of refurb that’s already completed.
Bingo!

At a certain point all rooms are either done being refurbished or in the process of being refurbished, and you won't get an 'old' room. Considering the phases we've seen, that might be fairly early in the entire process.

There are a LOT of hallways in the rest of BWV that do not lead to the Boardwalk view area. They can close those hallways one at a time if they wish so there could be a mix of refurbished and not refurbished after the Boardwalk view halls are done and open. They could also do it by floor so you will have some floors being refurbished and others still waiting.
I remember during the last major refurbishment, we walked past closed standard villa rooms to get to the hallway where our pool/garden view villa was located.

I am planning a trip for May 2024. From reading through this thread quickly, it sounds like without delays, I should have almost an 100% shot of a refurbed room - is that correct?

I am planning a trip for May 2024. From reading through this thread quickly, it sounds like without delays, I should have almost an 100% shot of a refurbed room - is that correct?
Yes, I agree - with no delays, your chances of a refurbed room next May are very high.

We will arrive 12/10 for 3 rooms, 2BR and 2 studios with G/P view. Have a waitlisted BW also. Hopeful that we will get a refurb or upgrade depending on the progress.

still hoping the garden view studios are done by march! I wish I would have just booked a BW view because it seems we'd have gotten a refurb for sure... oh well. I did not know the updates were happening so its a happy surprise if we get a refurb room i suppose!

still hoping the garden view studios are done by march! I wish I would have just booked a BW view because it seems we'd have gotten a refurb for sure... oh well. I did not know the updates were happening so it’s a happy surprise if we get a refurb room i suppose!
Many, possibly most, of the P/G rooms should be done by March. They’re probably working on the ones in the BW view wing now and can work on the ones in other areas while working on Standard view too. So good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter