BWV refurb is in full swing.

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
Got here on 9/9 and here for 12 nights. The refurb is crazy busy. So much activity. When you get off the elevator every floor to the left (bw view side) are completely closed off. Sitting at the quiet pool watching carts full of beds, towel racks, TVs, etc go by continuously. Plus there’s painting going on on the outside with lifts parked in the center front green space. Scaffolding going up and workers everywhere. Obviously it’s not quiet, and at times there are detours to get around outside. Since they are moving so quickly this first week, I hope that’s good news. It’s weird to have part of the resort shutdown. The pools have been very empty most of the days. More crowded in the evening. They had the tunnel near the main pool closed and you had to weave throughout the inside building to get to the other side. Pack your patience if you’re heading here soon. We have another trip late October, 9 nights. cant wait to see the finished product. Heading to HH next weekend 9/22 so hoping to see some refurb progress there too.

Got here on 9/9 and here for 12 nights. The refurb is crazy busy. So much activity. When you get off the elevator every floor to the left (bw view side) are completely closed off. Sitting at the quiet pool watching carts full of beds, towel racks, TVs, etc go by continuously. Plus there’s painting going on on the outside with lifts parked in the center front green space. Scaffolding going up and workers everywhere. Obviously it’s not quiet, and at times there are detours to get around outside. Since they are moving so quickly this first week, I hope that’s good news. It’s weird to have part of the resort shutdown. The pools have been very empty most of the days. More crowded in the evening. They had the tunnel near the main pool closed and you had to weave throughout the inside building to get to the other side. Pack your patience if you’re heading here soon. We have another trip late October, 9 nights. cant wait to see the finished product. Heading to HH next weekend 9/22 so hoping to see some refurb progress there too.
Crazy how quickly they got rolling! We left on the 8th and other than 1 day of background jackhammer noise and some paint fumes from the exterior painting we didn’t have/see any disruptions! Hope your stay is still great!

Ugh, stayed there a few years back during the last renovations and it was awful. We had a plastic sheet in the hallway outside our door blocking the rest of the hallway that they were working on. I could hear saw/jackhammer sounds in our room as if they were working in our room. So loud we could not hold a conversation. And it went later in the evening than they promised and started earlier in the morning too. Nothing like doing late hours at MK and getting to bed at like 1-2am, exhausted, to be woken by jackhammer sounds at like 6am. FUN! And the elevators were down most of the time. Sometimes just 1 working which meant long waits. I need to check when it's slated to be complete. Last one took like 2.5 years or some long extended nonsense. I have a room booked for June.

Ugh, stayed there a few years back during the last renovations and it was awful. We had a plastic sheet in the hallway outside our door blocking the rest of the hallway that they were working on. I could hear saw/jackhammer sounds in our room as if they were working in our room. So loud we could not hold a conversation. And it went later in the evening than they promised and started earlier in the morning too. Nothing like doing late hours at MK and getting to bed at like 1-2am, exhausted, to be woken by jackhammer sounds at like 6am. FUN! And the elevators were down most of the time. Sometimes just 1 working which meant long waits. I need to check when it's slated to be complete. Last one took like 2.5 years or some long extended nonsense. I have a room booked for June.
Unlike past refurbs, this is different. They closed a whole wing, every floor. Before they would do floor by floor. They have a huge crew of workers too.

Unlike past refurbs, this is different. They closed a whole wing, every floor. Before they would do floor by floor. They have a huge crew of workers too.

Thanks so much for the updates. I'm very excited to see how the rooms look when done. We are going last week of Jan and first two weeks of Feb 2024. I originally tried to book standard view but nothing was available, so I ended up going with BWV. It's been a few years since we did BWV, I'm very much looking forward to our stay and the updated rooms will be an added bonus.

The one downside is that the Cake Bake Shop most likely won't be open. Another year without the new dining location on the BW. Oh well, maybe one day it will be a reality. I hope it will be worth the wait.

Thanks so much for the heads up and info. We'll be there in a few weeks, and good know what to expect as far as noise/activity. looking very forward to this refurb. If only they could turn some of those lock off 2 bedrooms into dedicated.......

How noisy does it get? We will be there in a few weeks and I am getting worried about the noise level…

Thanks for the update. We'll be there in December. Maybe there will be a chance of getting a refurbed room if they're working this hard right now.

If only they could turn some of those lock off 2 bedrooms into dedicated.......
That would be nice for people wanting a 2BR, but not so nice for people who bought just a few BWV points so they could get a studio for F&W! They might even have to walk P/G view. But maybe they'll do that - depending on what MS has heard over the years from owners who were shut out of 2BR.

Thanks for the update. We'll be there in December. Maybe there will be a chance of getting a refurbed room if they're working this hard right now.
All of the BW view villas were blocked from around now through some date in November that I can't remember. If that's when they expect to finish the entire BW view wing, including the P/G villas along those halls, you have a good chance, assuming you booked a P/G view and not a standard view (all of the standard view villas are blocked from early January through early March). If you booked a BW view, you're probably guaranteed a refurbed room, as long as there are no delays.

Do I have this right? - BW View was blocked from booking Sept/Oct and Standard View blocked Jan/Feb.

Have dates from Garden/Pool View been blocked?

We have Dec 20th check-in BW View and fingers crossed we’ll get a refurbed studio.

All of the BW view villas were blocked from around now through some date in November that I can't remember. If that's when they expect to finish the entire BW view wing, including the P/G villas along those halls, you have a good chance, assuming you booked a P/G view and not a standard view (all of the standard view villas are blocked from early January through early March). If you booked a BW view, you're probably guaranteed a refurbed room, as long as there are no delays.
Thanks! You answered my questions :thumbsup2

Do I have this right? - BW View was blocked from booking Sept/Oct and Standard View blocked Jan/Feb.

Have dates from Garden/Pool View been blocked?

We have Dec 20th check-in BW View and fingers crossed we’ll get a refurbed studio.
Since many or most P/G view villas are across the hallways from BW view and standard view and could be refurbed at the same time as each of those were, DVC had no need to block off all P/G view at any time.

And if you have BW view booked, you should get a refurbed studio in December, unless they run into unexpected delays like they did with BCV.

Since many or most P/G view villas are across the hallways from BW view and standard view and could be refurbed at the same time as each of those were, DVC had no need to block off all P/G view at any time.

And if you have BW view booked, you should get a refurbed studio in December, unless they run into unexpected delays like they did with BCV.
Ah that makes sense with P/G. I’m so excited to see the end result.

Me too. I’m sort of sad that we gave up our late-January BW view 1BR to take a cruise instead!
Once you’re enjoying that cruise there will be no sadness lol. Do you have another BW stay planned? It will be nice visiting when it’s all shiny and complete.

Once you’re enjoying that cruise there will be no sadness lol. Do you have another BW stay planned? It will be nice visiting when it’s all shiny and complete.
Actually, we do! We hope to book for Marathon Weekend 2025, because DD wants to run it, and it would be DGD’s first WDW visit (she’ll be a young toddler)! If it doesn’t work out for them to come, we’ll move our visit to later that month.

I’m on vacation but just jumped back in. Just wanted to update. From the left of the elevator to include the entire building including the side facing S&D are completely closed. The only side open is the standard side to include the pool garden in the same hall. I looked up at the front last night near jellyrolls and just couldn’t believe 50% of this resort is closed. The quiet pool was empty today. It’s Sunday so nothing going on today. The ground floor on the main pool side has its doors blocked. The arcade is back open as a water line issue that flooded the tunnel and arcade related to the refurb. It’s reopened. That’s all I have today. Been at the pool all day celebrating my birthday. Too many margaritas. Off to via Napoli for dinner. I’m here until Thursday morning.

I’m on vacation but just jumped back in. Just wanted to update. From the left of the elevator to include the entire building including the side facing S&D are completely closed. The only side open is the standard side to include the pool garden in the same hall. I looked up at the front last night near jellyrolls and just couldn’t believe 50% of this resort is closed. The quiet pool was empty today. It’s Sunday so nothing going on today. The ground floor on the main pool side has its doors blocked. The arcade is back open as a water line issue that flooded the tunnel and arcade related to the refurb. It’s reopened. That’s all I have today. Been at the pool all day celebrating my birthday. Too many margaritas. Off to via Napoli for dinner. I’m here until Thursday morning.
Thank you for the detailed report, and on your birthday to boot!

Gee, wonder how to get from the outside Boardwalk level area to our P/G room floor using our ECV if the ground floor doors are blocked by the feature pool. We always went thru the tunnel and in those doors and then up the elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter