BWV refurb is in full swing.

I’m on vacation but just jumped back in. Just wanted to update. From the left of the elevator to include the entire building including the side facing S&D are completely closed. The only side open is the standard side to include the pool garden in the same hall. I looked up at the front last night near jellyrolls and just couldn’t believe 50% of this resort is closed. The quiet pool was empty today. It’s Sunday so nothing going on today. The ground floor on the main pool side has its doors blocked. The arcade is back open as a water line issue that flooded the tunnel and arcade related to the refurb. It’s reopened. That’s all I have today. Been at the pool all day celebrating my birthday. Too many margaritas. Off to via Napoli for dinner. I’m here until Thursday morning.
Happy Birthday 🎂🎉 Thanks for the updates.

Gee, wonder how to get from the outside Boardwalk level area to our P/G room floor using our ECV if the ground floor doors are blocked by the feature pool. We always went thru the tunnel and in those doors and then up the elevator.
If that elevator is blocked off, there should be signs to the other elevator on the Inn side, entered via glass doors near the stairs to the driveway. That elevator only goes to the 2nd floor (lobby level) so then you’d have to travel across the lobby to the Villas elevators.

Gee, wonder how to get from the outside Boardwalk level area to our P/G room floor using our ECV if the ground floor doors are blocked by the feature pool. We always went thru the tunnel and in those doors and then up the elevator.
The tunnel is open and there’s a path under the scaffolding. The tunnel was closed for a short time when the ceiling in the arcade fell in last week. There was a water pipe issue above it during the construction. The elevators are working and you’ll get everywhere you need to. I think you misunderstood. The doors that are blocked are not the elevator doors, it’s the doors on the opposite side that provides access to the rooms in the wing that is closed.

Last edited:
Btw, I took pictures of the doors on each floor to show they were indeed closed off, we rode the elevator to each floor and I jumped out and took a picture. Once I got to floor two, I realized there’s a big sign saying “no photos allowed of the construction sight”. So I didn’t post ‘em. There was no construction over the weekend. It’s Monday so time for another noisy pool day. Btw the pools are pretty light and often near empty. Loving that part.

Power washing the not-so-quiet pool deck, hot tub area today. There was a big inspection yesterday. Guessing they are fixing issues today. 🤷‍♀️

the ceiling in the arcade fell in last week. There was a water pipe issue above it
This isn’t the first time a ceiling collapse and water pipe issues have been reported at BWV. Hopefully they allowed enough time during the refurb to replace the plumbing in the entire building - maybe that’s why they’re blocking off entire wings at one time.

This isn’t the first time a ceiling collapse and water pipe issues have been reported at BWV. Hopefully they allowed enough time during the refurb to replace the plumbing in the entire building - maybe that’s why they’re blocking off entire wings at one time.
It’s fixed now and reopened . The bwv bw view p&g are still closed for the refurb.

This is exciting that they are getting going. we have a DVC studio Garden view booked for spring break in March. Hoping maybe they're done with our room by the time we get there! Even if not, maybe they will be nearly done with the bulk of the refurb? Fingers crossed!

Is anyone there saying when they plan to finish? We arrive on Halloween.
The villa's refurbishment isn't expected to be finished until April 2024. I believe they intend on being finished with the Boardwalk view wing sometime in November as that is when people reported being able to book those rooms. I have no idea when the scaffolding will come down, but I would guess it will be there until April. They will likely just move it around as they work like they have over at the Grand.

Phooey, there go our room requests! We arrive on 9/29 (two studios) and our requests were facing Village green, lobby floor. We have a preferred view (pool/garden). On the bright side, we won't get dumped at the Crest O' Wave end facing the canal/Swan in the very last room! :rolleyes1

The scaffolding just went up last week. Not only is there refurbishing in the rooms there is painting on the outside. Everything I’ve read bw view rooms should be done by late November. Standard inventory was blocked from January to March 2024. As for room request. I was told by MS they would put my request in but probably wouldn’t be honored. With the limited inventory you pretty much get what you get. I didn’t get anything I asked for this time. Floor 4 is killing us old folks. We find ourselves walking the extra mile for the elevator lol.

The scaffolding just went up last week. Not only is there refurbishing in the rooms there is painting on the outside. Everything I’ve read bw view rooms should be done by late November. Standard inventory was blocked from January to March 2024. As for room request. I was told by MS they would put my request in but probably wouldn’t be honored. With the limited inventory you pretty much get what you get. I didn’t get anything I asked for this time. Floor 4 is killing us old folks. We find ourselves walking the extra mile for the elevator lol.
Thank you so, so much for all of the updates. We'll be there in about 2 1/2 weeks, standard 1 bedroom, and so glad to be getting a heads up on everything, idea of what to expect. As BWV owners who stay there the majority of the time, we are very excited for this refurb! just kind of a hassle while it's going on, but that's the way it is.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoy the remainder of the trip!

Thank you so, so much for all of the updates. We'll be there in about 2 1/2 weeks, standard 1 bedroom, and so glad to be getting a heads up on everything, idea of what to expect. As BWV owners who stay there the majority of the time, we are very excited for this refurb! just kind of a hassle while it's going on, but that's the way it is.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoy the remainder of the trip!
Thank you! I’m excited to see the finished product too. We stay here a lot. Maybe 5 trips a year. We’ll be back late October but not again until early May.

Last edited:
Thank you! I’m excited to see the finished product too. We see stay here a lot. Maybe 5 trips a year. We’ll be back late October but not again until early May.
May should see the final result of everything. So exciting! Cake Bake Shop will finally be open too 🤞

Have they ever changed exterior colors of a resort during major refurb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter