Boy do they oversell this Halloween party!!!

why don't they simply charge more?

What if they increase the ticket price to $100/person and still sell the same amount of tickets? What is that going to do? Rip people off even more? I think most people feel they are selling too many tickets/per night for the event. Sell less tickets and problem solved, don't charge people more money.

Last edited:
When you really think about this ticketed events. Disney has already gotten people to buy tickets to the MK for the "day". Then they charge around $85/ticket for a "night" event. So on these given days, Disney is getting double profit for these days. For almost $90, they are probably giving you $5 worth of candy (they buy in bulk). They normally do the fireworks anyway, so not really spending extra there. A few characters, which they probably pay low anyway. These "parties" don't really cost Disney that much more then a magic hour night.

It will be busy, rides will break down. The app may give you grief. If you manage your expectations, it will be ok. We went 10/10 and it was crowded, but ok. Last night 10/13 (non party night) was awful. Space was down for about 2 hours, and Pirates broke twice that I am aware of. It was super crowded and dirty. This morning we went to Universal for our second 7:00am morning in a row, and my teenage daughter remarked how clean the park was versus "MK where they just stomp the popcorn into the ground..." We will likely skip the party next year.

We had fast passes for MK this morning that I cancelled because my daughter said she'd rather go to Universal after the disaster that MK was last night.
Non party nights are always awful during party season. Too few opportunities to catch the fireworks or have a full day at MK so when you have one, people flock to it

When you really think about this ticketed events. Disney has already gotten people to buy tickets to the MK for the "day". Then they charge around $85/ticket for a "night" event. So on these given days, Disney is getting double profit for these days. For almost $90, they are probably giving you $5 worth of candy (they buy in bulk). They normally do the fireworks anyway, so not really spending extra there. A few characters, which they probably pay low anyway. These "parties" don't really cost Disney that much more then a magic hour night.
I doubt they even buy the candy at all. No inside knowledge of any sort but I suspect it's donated.

What if they increase the ticket price to $100/person and still sell the same amount of tickets? What is that going to do? Rip people off even more? I think most people feel they are selling too many tickets/per night for the event. Sell less tickets and problem solved, don't charge people more money.
sorry I meant sell at a higher price and less tickets. so you would get the same revenue for more tickets and lower prices! Sometimes I write stuff that I know but forget to tell others.
Because demand is high now.So selling at a higher price will reduce demand. And the equilibrium will be lower then at a higher price.https://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp
Maybe someone can confirm what I said?

I know you said up-thread you haven't been to the party in 10 years, so just adding some ticket cost facts (which likely add to the point you are making). Current prices are variable by the date and broken down as follows:

$75 - 7 nights
$79 - 7 nights
$89 - 4 nights
$99 - 9 nights
$109 - 6 nights
$125 - 1 night

These are all pre-tax adult prices.

Just FYI.

So I’m halfway worried. We’re going halloween night (insane I’m sure but maybe w the crazy price less crowded?). We will have already had a full MK day so won’t NEED to go on rides.

Nobody mentions the scream o’ween ball or the storybook circus jr jam which I think sound awesome!! Even if it’s just space w some music and a character. I have littles so a goofy dance party sounds divine. Are they packed and lame, fun, forgotten?

My plan is to watch the villain Spelltacular, do the dance parties, tot a little later, pictures w photopass folks wherever. Main characters if lines are reasonable later. Goof off w kiddos.

I guess I expect crowds for fun things like the show and parade. There are crowds at other way less interesting events around the country. Like Walmart on payday.

The dance parties are not packed but honestly, they are lame unless you've got a little one that would enjoy it. So I'm sure that is what keeps the numbers down. They are just not that exciting outside of those who are crazy about the characters

Why not charge 125 dollars per a person. And have buffet stations, with deserts, and the kids can paint with icing the cookies. There could be free flowing soft drink and 'wine' . Little cakes, cookies, ice cream made from nitrogen (to make it scary) and characters roming around. And. live music and a parade

Over the phone? Unfortunately they are not the best source. I'd ask a question here and trust the answer more, to be honest. The phone CMs are at a call center, and many have never even been to the parks.
I’ll never understand how this is a valid excuse for anything. Train your CMs, give them good information or be prepared to stand by what they tell guests.

The dance parties are not packed but honestly, they are lame unless you've got a little one that would enjoy it. So I'm sure that is what keeps the numbers down. They are just not that exciting outside of those who are crazy about the characters

Lame and not packed sounds amazing!!! Better than standing in line IMO. And I love monsters inc. my kids were mike and sully for 2 yrs straight. Alas they’ve outgrown their costumes this year. May be too hot anyway. ok I have some hope.

I’ll never understand how this is a valid excuse for anything. Train your CMs, give them good information or be prepared to stand by what they tell guests.
It's no excuse by any means. There is no excuse for the amount of bad info that comes from the CM, even those working on property, that you interact with in person have an obscene amount of bad info.

Doesn't change the facts though. It's very hard to get correct info from those who should have it.

I can't see how they can ever stand by what the guest comes in and says "but so and so told me this" because if it's wrong, how can Disney verify it came from a CM or a guest is making it up? Sad as that is too, you can't trust guests either. They've proven they'll do about anything to gain an advantage. Just look to those that faked needing a DAS in order to try to cut waits

Just wait til next year, when for $50 extra dollars you get an extra 2 hours of party in the parks and everyone else has to leave early.

Or they cut the number of tickets and announce that its now more exclusive and double the price :P

We stopped by the dance party for a few minutes and even danced to a song. The little kids there were having a lot of fun, even my teen was thoroughly enjoying watching Mike Wazowski dancing. Characters were up close and interactions were really fun. More people should give them a try. I think sometimes sore feet prevent folks from stopping by, but it felt great to move the whole body around and just be silly and dance like no one’s watching.

Following this. Going on the 28th with littles (nephews) and hoping for the best!
We’ll be there that night too! Parade and fireworks are our major priority so I figure we’ll end up camping out for a while for them.

We went Oct 12th. At the start of the party it seemed like it was a low crowd night, but it was more busy in other areas. We actually only stepped foot in Tomorrowland at the end of the night. We got a good spot for the HP show and parade right in front of the castle, but the fireworks were slightly obstructed by the castle.

After the fireworks, HM was a 10min wait tops, Splash and Big thunder was total walk ons and space was a 5min wait simply because the walk is so long.

Why not charge 125 dollars per a person. And have buffet stations, with deserts, and the kids can paint with icing the cookies. There could be free flowing soft drink and 'wine' . Little cakes, cookies, ice cream made from nitrogen (to make it scary) and characters roming around. And. live music and a parade

You might want to check out current prices if you think $125 is an increase. We're paying just over $116 each, and Halloween night is $125 before tax.

I'll be real though, what you describe does not appeal to me at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!