Boy do they oversell this Halloween party!!!

Sorry it's so crowded for you! The early reports back in August said the same thing, and I think there was a post where someone confirmed that Disney raised the ceiling of the total possible tickets by 50% over last year's available tickets per night.

Some people have reported light crowds on certain party nights, but that seems to be a function of luck - lower numbers of people buying tickets rather than any sort of crowd limits set by Disney.

Given the number of people reporting ridiculous crowds, I wonder how attendance will be next year. There are lots of people saying it's not worth it for them anymore.

^^ Agree!! Its been about 3 years since we've been to the MNSSHP.

We said never again after the last one. It was so crowded and lines were atrocious for paying extra for an event.

We are going to attempt it again on the 30th and hope it wont be so bad:confused3

We're also going to the EMM at TSL and that's pricey too for only 75 minutes.

I just hope we're able to enjoy it without the crowds.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation

Liz:rose:

Also here now. NEVER EVER again for us! WAY TOO BUSY! We are so disappointed. I’m just relieved I reserved the dessert party otherwise we would definitely be missing the fireworks tonight. You can’t move in the hub area because of the crowding and people are 3 people deep along the parade route 2 hours before show time! Our first AND LAST experience at MNSSHP.

I agree and don’t think tonight’s party is even sold out. Most of the parties we’ve attended have been, but I wish we had taken a picture of the one this past Thurs. Crowds were bigger than ever. We stood at the top of the hill near Splash looking toward Frontierland, and I told DH just look at all the people. It’s was a sea of people. We still had a good time, but boy was it busy.

We went to the party in 2016 on Tuesday Oct. 4th. Ride lines were 10 minutes. Most people were in character lines, watching parade, fireworks etc. Crowded in the hub and main street but otherwise great.

We went to the party in 2016 on Tuesday Oct. 4th. Ride lines were 10 minutes. Most people were in character lines, watching parade, fireworks etc. Crowded in the hub and main street but otherwise great.

By all accounts, the Halloween Parties are WAY more crowded than they were two years ago. I think this is a big source of the problem because people are buying tickets based on past experiences, thinking they're getting a lower-crowd experience, and they're finding wall-to-wall people, and long waits for everything.

We quit going years ago because we thought they were oversold. I'm trying it again this year because my grandson has never been to one ( he's almost 7 now, so it's been a while since we went) and he really wanted to go. I know it's going to be packed but it's just for him and I have 0 expectations. If he's happy, I'm happy. And then I'm done again. Maybe if enough people talk with their wallets, they'll reduce the crowd levels. It hasn't worked so far, but hope springs eternal.

By all accounts, the Halloween Parties are WAY more crowded than they were two years ago. I think this is a big source of the problem because people are buying tickets based on past experiences, thinking they're getting a lower-crowd experience, and they're finding wall-to-wall people, and long waits for everything.

Probably a little of each. The dates people are reporting as wall to wall coincide with most of the predictions I'm seeing. Not all dates are crowded. Tomorrow should see lighter crowds than tonight. Rest of month will most likely be crowded.

I went to the Halloween party last year and was shocked how packed it was. We mainly went to see Halloween exclusive stuff so only did one ride. I loved the entertainment, but now that I’ve seen it I definitely don’t have a need to see it again for awhile. Maybe when one of the elements change, but it’s not worth the extra money to do more than once for me considering crowd levels and fighting for spots all night.

Crowds may have been higher because today was a holiday. I'm not sure if students in FL schools had the day off but I know schools did here.

Hope you aren't planning to try and get anywhere near the parade, the fireworks or the stage show.......

Our party was only ridiculous crowded there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter