Beth's Journal-Bring It!

Beth:

I just tried to get caught up on your journal and I am overwhelmed in reading about your life. It is no wonder that you are experiencing problems with your health. No one can continue on the pace you are setting for yourself.

I keep myself from going crazy and collasping by convincing myself that all this will be over in just a few months. But I don't see the same light at the end of the tunnel for you...although a Disney vacation will be a brief refuge. What can you cut out now so that you are not so overtaxed?

Work has to happen (but you and your co-workers have got to be ready to let management know they cannot work you 16-hours straight without a bathroom break). You need a day to turn your schedule around from nights to days and your DH is going to have to help pick up the slack on the that turn-around day.

Katie seems to have too much happening as well. Unless you can get some assistance with the running around, can she drop an activity until your life becomes less crazy?

HRT...I'm on seasonale (which I found out was the study drug I was on for the year I felt my best). This is working for me. I feel much better after being back on this pill than the other. It limits periods to 4/year and I am beginning to lose a few pounds (without really trying).

The sleepwalking thing is beyond me but I do believe that we do things at night because we are trying to solve problems we cannot comprehend during the day. When I look at your food intake, I worry that you are not getting enough to eat and go to bed exhausted and hungry. Maybe save a higher protein/fiber cereal for a couple of hours before bed and this will tell your tummy that everything is OK. You need to start purging those stessors before bedtime too...maybe that is when you should journal to take all the issues out of you and put them on paper or into the computer.

Sorry to start problem-solving for you. You are a very intelligent woman and handle so much more than anyone should have to shoulder. I'm just so worried about you!

Positive energy and prayers are headed your way.

-Laurie

WOW - sorry to hear about your sleepwalking. I sure hope that something ends up working out for you.

I have to agree that you do have a lot of stress in your life. And not having much help around the house doesn't help much. You basically are being a single parent except for the little time that Won helps get Katie to bed and off to school. You need him to help more around the house - ask him to do a load of laundry or two. Or you do it and he puts it away. Work together, that is the only way you will keep your sanity. I know it's easier said than done but you need to sit down and talk with him about what this is doing to you.

HRT - it's not going to be for me when the time comes but you have to do what is best for you and your body. Hang in there. The fall is the worse time for me, I have weeks that go on without much of a break but I have learned how to deal with it. Sleep is my utmost importance and sometimes my house suffers for it. But a clean house to me is less important than sleep and time with my family.

Hope you are doing okay - take care of yourself.
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

THanks everyone,

I had my repeat doctor's appointment. Abby and I have a different relationship. I sved her butt a few times as a resident, and we are friends. She really played it straight for me. My hemoglobin is in the toilet, my hormones are all screwed up, and my liver enzymes are climbing. My cortisol level is up(a stress hormone). I am sleep walking because of the stress and homones, and I am requiring an antianxiety meds. I also have strep throat. Something has to give, and before my vacation. Won says he will help more around the house. He will also take Katie to swim lessons on Tuesday nights, and get her off to school on Mondays. Of course, I did agree on Friday to throw both the AM?PM halloween parties. I am the only mom to volunteer for the party. I told Mrs. Beaupre that I ould do all the craft prep, but I couldn't be there in the afternoon. I need to nap before work. I do have all the prep work done, except for the 56 "monster hands" I need to make. Popcorn filled vinyl gloves that we will play hot potato to Monster Mash. I'l be honest, I am disgusted with the other moms. The PM class wasn't going to have a Halloween party. I did tell her that I could NOT help with the PM Winter party.
Plan for the day...
After I get katie on the bus, I m going back to bed for 2 hours.
Walk Pez.
Take Katie to dance class.
Nap after dinner.
Work from midnight to 0400.
Won will get Katie off to school tomorrow.

Meal Plan...
B: SBD cereal.
L: Salad and ha/cheese rollups.
D: Stir Fry.
S: Apple and peanut butter.

I will try to get to journals in the next couple of days.
Have a good day,
Beth

\

Beth,

Hey girl! It is so good to hear from you. :goodvibes I have been praying and wondering how you are doing.

I wish I lived closer to you so that I could offer you my help. ::yes:: You have been through so much the past couple of years. I wish there was something I could do to fix everything for you. :hug:

Please take good care of you. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Hey Beth...

Sorry it's been awhile since I've last visited. Sounds like you have tons of stuff happening in your life.

Weird about the sleepwalking. I occasionally wake up and do stuff in my room, and I've gotten use to waking myself up and then going back to bed. Weird :blush:

You shouldn't be putting yourself so much for other people, especially when it's not even your child's class. I know all about the volunteering in classrooms and it was always me the teacher relied on to do the parties. I started to say no and they've had to get other help. With doing PTO, we've had to say no for things and when it looked like it wasn't going to happen, other people step-up.

Try to take more time for yourself and don't overdo it so much.

I'm so glad to read your update. You are on the right track with getting some help and I hope that all works out great. And glad you got some info from a medical field person. Hope things straighten out soon for you on that end. Take care of yourself too!!!!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Hey, you. Just stopping by to say hi. And give you some :sunny: . And give you a :hug:. Anything else I can give you? No, sorry, Beth, I CANNOT give you days in WDW, but :) only a month or so 'til you've got the Florida sunshine on your back and Cinderella's Castle on the horizon! Hang in there.

Much love,
Erin

Beth---
you have so much going on! no wonder you are stressed--i hope that with won helping out more ,it will take some of the pressure off of you..i think if anyone needs a vacation, its definitely you!
I wish that i lived closer and could help you, but all i can do is write here :)
have a great weekend beth and thanks for checking in

Happy Halloween! :maleficen

What a wonderful mom you are to plan Katie's kindergarten party(ies). Our district banned Halloween last year and it has not gone over well. Some schools planned "harvest" parties and held them last Friday after school. I don't know how the high school kids will handle it...I am not allowed to say Boo!

Listen to your doctor and do what you need to do to regain your health. I know that nurses make the worst of patients--but you are not superhuman.

Positive energy and prayers are still headed your direction and just look at your vacation calendar. You can hang in there for another month! I know it!

-Laurie

Hi, Beth. I'm just coming over to give you a :hug: and let you know I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers :goodvibes your way.

Erin

Dear Beth, I'm so glad to hear that Won is going to help out more! Have his actions kept up with his words? Is he really being helpful? Tell him he'd better or we'll get a WISH posse to come to your house and set him straight! princess: princess: princess:

I hope your weekend shifts went well and that you are soon headed home for some well-deserved rest.

Sending prayers up for you and sending :goodvibes your way. :hug:

Hi Beth!

How ya doin' girl? I hope your weekend went smoothly. ::yes:: Do you realize that in just a few weeks, we will be in Disney World? :cloud9: I can't wait! I'm getting pretty excited, but we have a lot of birthday parties and holiday events to get through first. ;)

Sending you some :wizard: to help you start off your week on a :sunny: note. Take care! :hug:

You know the WISH princess: motto? (No, you probably don't since I just made it up!) "We stick together through thick and thin." Get it? Thick and thin? :p

All right, enough frivolity. The point is that you know we're all here thinking about you and loving you and lifting you up in prayers. :grouphug:

One day at a time, Beth.

Erin

Popping in to make sure you know you're not forgotten.

Love ya! :hug: and :love:

Thank you all,

I am doing ok, actually that is a lie. I am hanging in there. My body is just exhausted. Yes, most of it is that I have been trying to do too much, but part of it is that I think I have clinical depression. I am sleeping alot. Yes, I am still sick, I just can't seem to shake it. I have taken to the routine of getting Katie off to school, going back to bed for an hour and a half, getting up to ealk Pez, getting Katie, do what I have to do, then going back to bed around nine. I Have had to work 2 Wednesday nights for mandatory overtime, and that has really screwed me up, I think. I usually have a chance to "recover" from my weekend work marathon, but the overtime is just sapping my strenght and energy. I am going back to my doctor on December 12th. If I am not feeling better by then, I want an antidepressant. I am trying to let the extra things go, but that too is a struggle because I made committments until our trip. I am trying to stay afloat here.

On the plus side Won really likes his new job. He is hppy again, so that is good. He gets home about an hour later each day, but we are adjusting.

The Halloween parties were a complete success. It was fun, but I definately would not want to be a teacher. I am already planning the Christmas party. If I take 2 months to work on it, hopefully, it won't be so overwhelming.

Food and exercise have been horrible. My goal for next week is to exercise on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We'll see about Friday. I am so sorry that I have not been on the boards at all. I will be honest and say, I am not sure when I will be. My computer time is at night, and I am going to bed so much earlier right now. You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I appreciate the support I have here. I will promise not to let my journal go a week without posting to it.

Take care everyone,
Beth

Beth -- I am sorry you aren't feeling well and that everything is overwhelming right now. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending a :hug:

Take care of yourself, sweetie.

Sending :hug:, prayers, and :wizard: your way, Beth. Please be sure and take good care of you. :hug: We are here for you, sweetie. :grouphug:

Beth-i am sorry you arent feeling well and things are a bit hectic..i am hoping it calms down for you soon and you are able to relax and get some sleep...
Hope you have a good weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter