Beth's Journal-Bring It!

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I didn't update earlier, but there was a semi accident that took out power and cable for awhile today.

Last night I did go wandering, but I stayed in the house, and did nothing dangerous. I ate more pretzels before Won directed me back to bed. I felt a bit better this morning. I go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. My appointment is at 3, and I promise I will update with news after the appointment.

Ready for a shock? I did some things for me today. I was feeling really overwhelmed, so I decided to get organized. I updated my planner. Believe me when I say that did not help. I put in everything that is occurring between now and December 1st. Dance, swimming, PTO, work, Korean school, birthdays, soccer, and the list goes on. I do not know how single mothers and parents of multiple children do it.I almost had a panic attack. I do not have a single day with nothing to do between now and December 1st. I will definately be ready for vacation. Being overwhelmed, I called Won. I told him we were going out to dinner, and then he could put Katie to bed while I got my haircut. I have a new sassy cut at blonde highlights. I really like it. I actually look pretty good.

Tomorrow is another hectic day. I will workout at the Y,then pick Katie up from school. I take her for a haircut and her flu shot. I will take Katie to Won, then head to my doctor's appointment. I also have to work on cutting out the 105 nametags for Katie's fieldtrip on Tuesday. Dinner and laundry in there too. Believe it or not, I am going to bed as soon as Lost is done.

Take care,
Beth

Sorry to hear you are still wandering. What a pain! Good for you on doing stuff for yourself. It is easy to become overwhelmed but just handle it one day at a time. And maybe next semester you could cut something out of the schedule. :) Yea! on the new haircut - I know that always helps me feel better.

Am I the only one disappointed with Lost this season? It seems to be DRAGGING! Think about it - this was the 4th episode and we are still on the same day!

~Amanda

:flower: A new haircut and color!!! :flower:

Well done!! I'm so happy to hear you took charge and did some things for you! I hate to spend the money to have my blond highlights done, but every time I look in the mirror I love the color! Enjoy the change!

Anyone would be overwhelmed with your schedule! WOW!! The good news is that as Katie gets into higher grades at school there won't be as much time for all those different activities. You'll have to pare down to the one or two she really loves, which will be tough but will hopefully ease the schedule.

:goodvibes , :wizard: , :shamrock: and prayers for a productive visit with your doctor today.

:love: and :hug:

I'll start with the beginning of the day. More sleepwalking. I thinkit was related to the stress about the upcooming md appointment. I m tired today. I only did 30 minutes on the glider, katie got her flu shot and haircut. I picked up the fundraiser items and sorted them. Last load of laundry is in the washer now.

I ate my way through the day. I know this is because of nerves. Lots of carbs and junk. Life goes on.

Ok, now onto the doctor's appointment. I really like and trust Abby. She is good, and she is willing to look outside of the box. CT scan is clear. My weight is up, duh. Vitals are good. Decreased reflexes, we're not sure about this one. Other than that, we're waiting on labwork. Her thoughts are that the sleepwalking is primarily related to stress and anxiety. She also thinks that my hormones are playing a part. I would sleep walk as a child, didn't as a teen, did when I got pregnant, and now. She thinks I am perimenopausal. I was not prepared for that one at 34. It makes sense though. My mom entered menopause around 40, and I used fertility drugs for over 2 years. I would kick out 6-10 eggs at a time. Her suggestions are to continue the xanax as needed, relaxation techniques, and eliminate as uch stress as possible. She also wants me to consider HRT. I am not sure about messing with my hormones again. BCP is what led to the gallstones and my liver issues. I am waiting on the labwork before I decide that one. We have also done complete blood panels, thyroid, adrenals, liver function, and hormone panels. I go bck a week from Monday.

I need to get dinner started. After dinner, fold some laundry, and early bedtime.

Thanks,
Beth

:hug: dear Beth. I'm glad you made it to your appointment and it sounds like you and your doctor make a great team!

Now that your appointment is over, I'm hoping that you'll be able to get some peaceful sleep tonight.

Hi Beth,

I agree with Doreen... You and your doctor do sound like you make a great team. ::yes:: I'm glad that you are exploring different avenues to find the problem and the solution. :hug:

I hope that your weekend goes well. :goodvibes Please try and take some time for you, okay? :hug:

Take care sweetie! :goodvibes

Hi All,

I am trying to keep today lowkey. Won says he doesn't think I moved all night long. He checked me a couple of times to see that I was breathing. I still woke up fatigued. I got Katie off to school, and went to the Y. I did 2 weight circuits and 30 minutes on the glider. Katie is wiped out as well, so she will defnatley nap for me today. Then off to work.
Meal Plan...
B:SBD cerea and tea.
L: Salad and 2 ham cheese rollups.
5PM: Scrambled eggs and latee.
10PM: Apple with peanut butter.
3AM: Salad and hamburger patty.
7AM: SBDcereal and tea.

Sat and Sunday should be a repeat of the above. I probably won't check in until Monday. I'm thinking of you guys. Have a good weekend.
Take care,
Beth

Hi, Beth! :) Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. I hope you got some rest this weekend. Sending :wizard: and :goodvibes: for a good week for you. :hug:

Hi! I hope the weekend was good for you!

Have a happy Tuesday! :cool1:

Hey, Beth, how's it going? I hope you got some good rest yesterday. How are you sleeping?

:hug: for your day,
Erin

Hi Beth! :wave2:

Just stopping in to say hello and send best wishes for a Wonderful Wednesday!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I hope you've recovered a bit from your weekend shifts and are starting to feel rested and refreshed. I've been reading a lot lately about serotonin levels and the large number of things affected when serotonin levels are low. One of them is sleep, and a tendency to sleepwalk is one sign of low serotonin. Not sure if that's the case with you, just wanted to mention it.

Sending a gentle :hug: your way.

Hi All,

I'm sorry that I ahve been Mia. I actually dealt with the weekend better. I think it is because of the xanax. It isn't as though things were better than usual, but I did remain calm, and got things done. Unfortunately, also got a cold. I did chaperone Katie's class field trip yesterday. That was fun. Won had the day off yesterday, so I went to bed at 2 pm, and got up today 1030. Won got Katie off to school. I am feeling much better, but I am still taking it easy.

I need to take Katie to dance class. I should get to journals tonight.
Take care,'Beth

Beth -- I am so glad to hear you sounding so calm and a bit rested, though I'm sorry you have a cold now. It is great that you got to go on Katie's field trip with her. I am sure she loved having her mom along! :hug:
Take care of yourself, sweetie! :goodvibes:

glad you are doing good!! im sure katie loved that you were able to chaperone--i still remember my parents chaperoning my trips! Have a great week!

That long sleep probably did you a world of good! ::yes:: I can't imagine how tough it is to switch your sleeping patterns every weekend. Be gentle with yourself through the week and get rest whenever you can. :hug:

Have a fun Thursday! :sunny: :cool1: :goodvibes

Good morning Beth! :sunny:

Stopping by to say hi and to see what you have planned for the weekend ahead. Will you be working or do you have some time off?

Have a great weekend! :sunny:

Hi Beth,

I'm sorry to hear about the sleep walking. I've never had that but I used to suffer a great deal with sleep eating. It sounds weird, but everynight I would wake up startled and head straight to the fridge and devour carbs. I'd wake up feeling drugged and depressed and I honestly had no control over it. Its awful to have those disruptions in your sleep.

Please take the "de-stressing" seriously. When you look at your planner say to yourself "which of these things aren't worth risking Katie's Mom's health over?" and x them right out of there. Katie needs a healthy, happy Mom :hug: more than the PTO or any other organization needs you!

Happy Friday,

Sunny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter