Best dinner for adults?

SweetieinVT

Mouseketeer
I am traveling to Anaheim on business and taking a couple of days to visit the parks with colleagues to enjoy the parks. I’m wondering what the best dining for adults is in on DL property. Doesn’t need to be super fancy, but I’m thinking a nice sit down meal and a good drink at the end of the day will be nice to have after being on our feet most of the day.

Love dinner in Napa Rose. It might fall into the super fancy category (which it really isn't) and it is $$$$. But the food and service there is really good.

I know you said "not super fancy", but Napa Rose is fantastic for such a meal and cocktails/wine. It can be very dressy or business casual, you make the call based on posted dress code. Easy access to DCA either before of after your meal as the GC entrance is next door. In the parks I'd opt for Carthay over Blue Bayou, We love Wine Country Trattoria for an early lunch, not so much for dinner as we think there are better choices.
p.s. if you opt for NR ask for Michael Cox as your server.

I'd have to agree with Carthay or Napa Rose, though I personally don't plan to return to NR in the foreseeable future. I just haven't had good luck there, though the food is excellent.

There are several new restaurants in DTD, but I've not been to them yet. Some of them sound great so maybe you'll get more info about them from others.

I also prefer Carthay Circle over Napa Rose. If you are including DTD as well, I really like Paseo. If you are going with a group, Din Tai Fung could be fun.

Carthay and Napa Rose were the first two that instantly popped into my head. However, I say that with reservation as the last few visits both of those places were disappointing. (FWIW, I have given NR three tries and they failed me every time. The last was inexcusable with a pork chop that was half fat.) IMHO, Carthay slid significantly after covid. However, this is all subjective. So many people still adore these places.

My thought (and a cheaper option, which is lucky) was Lamplight Lounge, Wine Country Trattoria, or GHC Craftsman Bar. All have more casual food with good drinks.

I have yet to try Maple at Pixar Place Hotel, but watched a review on YouTube and it looked nice.

Not to mention the options at DTD. It has been a long time since we have dined at DTD so I cannot give an accurate review of those places. Maybe someone will chime in with a definite winner that we will not have to miss on our next visit in November too. ;)

I recently enjoyed Trader Sam's at the Disneyland hotel. We enjoyed dinner and drinks prior to Oogie Boogie Bash. If you order certain drinks different things happen around the bar.

My vote goes to Carthay Circle because it consistently delivers. We’ve eaten there many times and always had a good meal and a solid cocktail. All the others have been up and down — high highs, but some very low lows, too.

Without a doubt, Carthay Circle. Very nice cocktails, decent wine list and a very nice atmosphere. Gets you away from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

We loved our recent meal at Paseo. The Mama's Cochinita Pibil was one of best meals I've had in a long time.

My wife and I really enjoy Cafe Orleans for a quiet sit down meal in the parks. We also like Blue Bayou for the ambience but don't find it a great value with only ok food.

We just returned from a trip last week and tried several restaurants we’ve never had before. Din Tai Fung was VERY good, and definitely plan to return. The chocolate mochi bao/chocolate buns with the sea salt cream were the highlight for me!
I would have to say our meal at Carthay Circle topped them all, in quality AND price, haha… it was almost 300 bucks for the 2 of us, (Dinner, drinks, appetizers, dessert) but VERY worth it, in my opinion. I had some of the best scallops I’ve ever had in my life, and I live in a coastal community. I’ve been craving the Tequila Daisy cocktail since we left, and am planning to attempt to recreate it as soon as I can. The bread and potato croquettes were amazing, and I was really too full for dessert but I couldn’t pass it up. I’m in love with the vibe and decor of the restaurant, and my only regret is that we didn’t go there sooner!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest