BDRog, what are you gonna do now that Mardi Gras......I GOT A CART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the one I want

golf_cart_security.jpg

Yippee!!! I figured out how to do this (thanks, Al)!!

Here's the golf cart we sold, and I miss....

Dash Board​

th_Interior.jpg

Front​

th_Front_Right.jpg

Rear​

th_Rear_Left.jpg

Another Shot​

th_Rear_Right.jpg

The cart had ground FX neon lights & a flashing neon license plate holder with the "DOOM BUGY" license plate. It had a stereo, & the front nose was actually a large trunk. The back seat lifted off & was a real good place to carry the beer cooler. Our GEM NEV is neat, but I sure miss this ol' gal.​

Nice Cart!;) ...I have the same woodgrain dash..and we also put the matching woodgrain steering wheel on our cart.

Rog:

1. The batteries trickle charge. There is an onboard computer on your cart that charges the batteries, in a cycle from battery to battery. The amps start off high, then slowly go down. It takes 12 hours to properly charge the batteries. Check them with a battery tester.

2. My guess is that your computer is bad. They are about $300 or so for the part, plus install. Ron may know better.

3. There is no limiter on a gas cart. You can take your gas cart to the top of a hill, slam on the gas, and you will go 45+ miles. A gas cart will typically revert to the governor if you go too fast.

4. Electric is the way to go. Quieter, and you don't lose anything on speed. The carts at Disney probably go about 15mph. Mine goes 27, will be going up to 36 in 2 weeks.

5. The flashing light means there is a problem somewhere. Is there a club car dealer near you?

The great oz has spoken.

On my gas cart (yamaha) there is a rev limiter if I bypassed it from what I have been told the cart would do around 40 but I would risk blowing the motor
if I was not careful and if anyone else drove it they would blow the motor. All I did on my cart is adjust the governor. How ever I have found some mods that I will buy to get more speed.:)

On my gas cart (yamaha) there is a rev limiter if I bypassed it from what I have been told the cart would do around 40 but I would risk blowing the motor
if I was not careful and if anyone else drove it they would blow the motor. All I did on my cart is adjust the governor. How ever I have found some mods that I will buy to get more speed.:)

If you run your cart to ride the rev limiter you are risking motor damage. Yamaha gas carts are very fast I really doubt 40mph more like low to mid 30's.

If you run your cart to ride the rev limiter you are risking motor damage. Yamaha gas carts are very fast I really doubt 40mph more like low to mid 30's.

I do not run the cart to ride the rev limiter. I dont know about the 40 mph thats just what I was told. I have never tried to bypass the rev limiter and I wont.

I do not run the cart to ride the rev limiter. I dont know about the 40 mph thats just what I was told. I have never tried to bypass the rev limiter and I wont.

You can always replace the stock motor and go with a big block Honda, B&S or a Vanguard they make them up to a 35hp water cooled. You will surely hit 40 mph then:thumbsup2

You can always replace the stock motor and go with a big block Honda, B&S or a Vanguard they make them up to a 35hp water cooled. You will surely hit 40 mph then:thumbsup2

Thats what I want to do when ever the motor craps out. Will the Honda work on a yamaha and if so. How much $$$$ for it I would do the labor. I had been looking at some of the mods from this site. http://www.plowmanscarts.com/highper.html But i will take whatever advice you have. But I was not planning on replacing the motor until it quits. My car will go 24 to 26 mph I would like a little more speed. Your youtube videos that you have posted are inspiring. :yay:

I don't know if they make a motor mount for the Honda motor to fit a Yamaha. I know they make them for the ez-go and Club car. I will send you a PM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter