BDRog, what are you gonna do now that Mardi Gras......I GOT A CART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there where Donnie inserts the pole joke again ?? :rotfl2:

I wouldn't dare. I found out I'm breaking bread with Rozonda at Boma in July so I'm trying to behave. Rog, that's why they call em crumbsnatchers buddy. Picture many years before you are free lol. But, what I wouldn't do to keep mine 5 forever. At 10 she knows more than I do.

Hey Rog diamond plate rocker panel inserts and a diamond plate kick panel will set it off:thumbsup2 Then you need a billet typhoon steering wheel, billet steering column and steering wheel adaptor, oh and cant forget the billet F&R handle.

I believe it was Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra who said they felt bad for sober people, because when they woke up in the morning, it was the best they were going to feel all day...

Hey Ron, where do you order your steering wheels from. I need to spruce mine up, I have no need to keep score with this golf cart, nor do i need a pencil holder.

I remember why I was such a drunk for so many years now!!!! Look at all the horrible things that happen in sober peoples lives!!!! Given....they may have happened in my drunken state too...but I didnt really care, but now...Im forced to pay attention to all of this!!!!!!! How do grown ups do it????

I can identify with this!

I believe it was Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra who said they felt bad for sober people, because when they woke up in the morning, it was the best they were going to feel all day...

Hey Ron, where do you order your steering wheels from. I need to spruce mine up, I have no need to keep score with this golf cart, nor do i need a pencil holder.

Sent you a PM

Hey Rog diamond plate rocker panel inserts and a diamond plate kick panel will set it off:thumbsup2 Then you need a billet typhoon steering wheel, billet steering column and steering wheel adaptor, oh and cant forget the billet F&R handle.
aCTUALLY...i HAVE SOME ROCKER PANELS...THE GUY GAVE THEM TO ME BECAUSE HE NEVER GOT AROUND TO INSTALLING THEM (damn caps)
But I sent you a PM with a list of stuff I DO need a little at a time.

I forgot about the chrome shifter...add that to my list!!!!

Ok Rog tell us what your going to do to your cart. Whats the plan.

Well..Ive been trying to decide on a color...but I think black is going to win out. I was giving some real thought to a metallic lime green, but thats an awful bold color for me...so I'm pretty sure I'm settled on black. I purchased a 5 foot x 2 foot decal sheet of diamond plate to cut out some flames. But Ive heard it doesn't stick well on complex curves....Im not real sure what qualifies as a complex curve, so I hope it sticks OK. I need some chrome/diamond plate stuff, like steering shaft cover, floor boards, I wanna brush guard on the front and I need a rear seat.....but my recent bathroom dilemma has slowed things to a whiplashing halt.
I GPS'd at only 11mph tonight...and my little orange battery light is flashing, I have it on the charger right now...hopefully its discharged a little and thats why the light is blinking, but I put it on the charger the other night and thats what made the light START to blink...the guy I bought it from said the charger doesn't turn itself off, so to unplug it after about an 8 hour charge. Hopefully another charge will give me a little more speed...I was shocked that it was only doing 11mph....I definitely need more speed...but thats gonna have to go on the back burner for a while. All in all, Ive basically done NOTHING so far except remove the golf straps, basket and other unnecessary golf related crap on it...took off the rear bumper and started looking for whatever I need to do to remove the body from the frame......I'm hoping to get things rolling with it by next week or at least the week after.

Ok....now Im getting worried. I had the cart on the charger all night, and the charger needle dropped from somewhere above 20 amp to down below 5 amps by this morning....is that SUPPOSED to happen? Is the needle supposed to drop as the batteries take more of a charge? I wish I knew why this battery light is flashing. The cart is driving fine, a nice solid, sturdy drive...but it wont stay above 13 mph....when I first step on the excellerator it goes to 13mph, but I guess the limiter kicks in and it drops it down to 11-12mph...is there a way to remove the limiter?

Ok....now Im getting worried. I had the cart on the charger all night, and the charger needle dropped from somewhere above 20 amp to down below 5 amps by this morning....is that SUPPOSED to happen? Is the needle supposed to drop as the batteries take more of a charge? I wish I knew why this battery light is flashing. The cart is driving fine, a nice solid, sturdy drive...but it wont stay above 13 mph....when I first step on the excellerator it goes to 13mph, but I guess the limiter kicks in and it drops it down to 11-12mph...is there a way to remove the limiter?

Yeah, it's called a gas motor!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Mine is slow to Rog. It's on Craigslist. I found a guy who bought 4 Yamaha gas carts from up north. He wants $3,500 a piece but I think I can get it for 3k. They're 06 models. If anybody has a Yamaha let me know what you think about them and that price. The engines and carts look new and hardly used.

Ok....now Im getting worried. I had the cart on the charger all night, and the charger needle dropped from somewhere above 20 amp to down below 5 amps by this morning....is that SUPPOSED to happen? Is the needle supposed to drop as the batteries take more of a charge?

I think that is correct, as the batteries get charged, there is less amperage needed. 5 amps is still a fairly good draw in the morning, they could probably use a good long charge.

Not sure on the speed for an electric. Maybe cheaper to dismantle a prius hybrid and juice it up that way???:scared1:

Yeah, it's called a gas motor!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Mine is slow to Rog. It's on Craigslist. I found a guy who bought 4 Yamaha gas carts from up north. He wants $3,500 a piece but I think I can get it for 3k. They're 06 models. If anybody has a Yamaha let me know what you think about them and that price. The engines and carts look new and hardly used.

I love my YAMAHA with just a tie wrap my speed is 26 MPH. Mine is a 96 it would not run more than 5 min. when I bought it. But I knew it only needed a coil. If the guy would have know what was wrong with it he would have wanted more. I paid $900 for mine but it was ugly. If its a clean cart $3500 is not bad but I have seen some customs ones around craigslist for that price but they where older.

With our former cart (Club Car-Electric) my DH did something to the gears and the motor, and we got it up to 23mph. The guy that bought it lives in our community & he just loves to "race" everyone. He says it's the fasted cart in the "hood". I already knew that! We now have a GEM Car (NEV) that does 25mph. Whenever I see my old cart go by, I just wanna cry!!

I've got pictures of it - but I cannot figure out how to post them. :confused3 Oh.... Roger???

Well..Ive been trying to decide on a color...but I think black is going to win out. I was giving some real thought to a metallic lime green, but thats an awful bold color for me...so I'm pretty sure I'm settled on black. I purchased a 5 foot x 2 foot decal sheet of diamond plate to cut out some flames. But Ive heard it doesn't stick well on complex curves....Im not real sure what qualifies as a complex curve, so I hope it sticks OK. I need some chrome/diamond plate stuff, like steering shaft cover, floor boards, I wanna brush guard on the front and I need a rear seat.....but my recent bathroom dilemma has slowed things to a whiplashing halt.
I GPS'd at only 11mph tonight...and my little orange battery light is flashing, I have it on the charger right now...hopefully its discharged a little and thats why the light is blinking, but I put it on the charger the other night and thats what made the light START to blink...the guy I bought it from said the charger doesn't turn itself off, so to unplug it after about an 8 hour charge. Hopefully another charge will give me a little more speed...I was shocked that it was only doing 11mph....I definitely need more speed...but thats gonna have to go on the back burner for a while. All in all, Ive basically done NOTHING so far except remove the golf straps, basket and other unnecessary golf related crap on it...took off the rear bumper and started looking for whatever I need to do to remove the body from the frame......I'm hoping to get things rolling with it by next week or at least the week after.

Sounds like you will have it looking good. I was thanking about changing mine to black. But I am thanking of using bedliner spray what ya thank?

Yippee!!! I figured out how to do this (thanks, Al)!!

Here's the golf cart we sold, and I miss....

Dash Board​

th_Interior.jpg

Front​

th_Front_Right.jpg

Rear​

th_Rear_Left.jpg

Another Shot​

th_Rear_Right.jpg

The cart had ground FX neon lights & a flashing neon license plate holder with the "DOOM BUGY" license plate. It had a stereo, & the front nose was actually a large trunk. The back seat lifted off & was a real good place to carry the beer cooler. Our GEM NEV is neat, but I sure miss this ol' gal.​

Rog:

1. The batteries trickle charge. There is an onboard computer on your cart that charges the batteries, in a cycle from battery to battery. The amps start off high, then slowly go down. It takes 12 hours to properly charge the batteries. Check them with a battery tester.

2. My guess is that your computer is bad. They are about $300 or so for the part, plus install. Ron may know better.

3. There is no limiter on a gas cart. You can take your gas cart to the top of a hill, slam on the gas, and you will go 45+ miles. A gas cart will typically revert to the governor if you go too fast.

4. Electric is the way to go. Quieter, and you don't lose anything on speed. The carts at Disney probably go about 15mph. Mine goes 27, will be going up to 36 in 2 weeks.

5. The flashing light means there is a problem somewhere. Is there a club car dealer near you?

The great oz has spoken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter