Back On The Plan - the Deluxe DDP!! - August Live Dining Report ~ 8-24-8-29

This was our first time since Be Our Guest changed to signature. Now I've always felt the food is ok here, but DD LOVES it here and always asks me to make a ressie. So here we are. We had a 5PM ressie and got to MK at 4:00 hoping to do a ride or 2 before we ate. Well big rainstorm with thunder and lightning arrived to MK along with us so we had to wait it out in Emporium (with everyone else in the park it seemed!) it was beyond crowded in there. So we waiting 40 minutes till it calmed down and checked in at BOG.

Here are our appetizers; I got the charred octopus. I wasn't a big fan of it. It was a little rubbery and the potatoes were a little undercooked and cold
image.jpg

DH got the garden salad (minus the sunflower brittle) he said the greens were nice and he enjoyed it
image.jpg
My friend got escargot (picture wouldn't upload) she said it was awful, inedible. The server was so nice that he brought her lobster bisque instead which she enjoyed.

Here is the chartusiete plate (minus the chicken liver)
image.jpg

DD is still on the kids meal plan, she enjoyed her salad
image.jpg

For the main course, I got the "something (forgot) dusted lamb chops" the lamb chops were excellent but if I ordered it again I would say don't dust it as I did not like the flavor of the spice and it was very prominent. It tasted like they dredged it in the spice not dusted it
image.jpg

Hi all. Another great night at MK. Got to see happily Ever after - from behind the castle but was still amazing.

I just wanted to continue some thoughts with Be Our guest.

Dessert was a trio and you had no choice
image.jpg

My daughter enjoyed her kids meal one as she could paint on it
image.jpg

Also DH liked the lemonade they serve with whipped cream
On top
image.jpg

Overall thoughts on BOG. Is it up to the caliber of other signatures - in our opinion, no.

The desert trio was not great when compared to other signatures. The appetizers were also very lacking in comparison.

DH thought the filet mignon was as good as other signatures.

Sunday 8/26 update

Breakfast - roaring forks - I brought it to the room again
image.jpg

(Here is the breakfast menu there)

I took DS over to Disney springs to his favorite store....
image.jpg
Disney Springs was HOT and crowded. We did a little shopping and then high- tailed it back to the resort pool. Lunch was once again flatbread pizza poolside.
And for dinner, our favorite signature of all time over at GF
image.jpg
Yes Narcoosees!!!!!

As alwsys, everything was wonderful there.

Lobster Bisque... Amazing
image.jpg
DH got the Caesar salad, it was presented in an interesting way but he certainly ate it all
image.jpg
My full steamed lobster, was fresh and fantastic
image.jpg
And DH loved his filet mignon.

They followed up with amazing deserts ; Creme Brûlée
image.jpg
And chocolate torte
image.jpg

It was an amazing meal. We were talking that this meal was so worth the 2 points per person. Unlike BOG the previous night.

Off to bed, had a late night at MK, we missed the Duffy show again as it only runs from
6-10 PM. goodnight everyone!

Firstly congratulations for your excellent DxDP review, could you please confirm me if all the deluxe credits shows together in MDE app and in the restaurants receipts with distinction between adult and children credits?

In TS restaurants your children are allowed to order from adults menu or only from children menu?

If it was possible could you please post some pictures of your restaurants receipts in order to know if the plan is worth it or not?

Thank you

Firstly congratulations for your excellent DxDP review, could you please confirm me if all the deluxe credits shows together in MDE app and in the restaurants receipts with distinction between adult and children credits?

In TS restaurants your children are allowed to order from adults menu or only from children menu?

If it was possible could you please post some pictures of your restaurants receipts in order to know if the plan is worth it or not?

Thank you

Hi thanks so much. No I have not seen my points balance anywhere on MDE.

I have the receipts inside where my kids are sleeping but what they do list is the gratuity charge and it states how many points you used for that meal and how many points remaining. Will post one later today for you. No it never distinguishes adults vs child points used, just points used. We stared out with 60 and we have 20 points left for 2 days

In terms of do kids under 9 have to order from the kids menu, usually yes. One or two places (both this visit and in past visits) said my dd (who is on the children's menu) could had ordered an appetizer from the adults side for her appetizer. Only a few times this has happened. At be our guest and via Napoli.

Oh forgot at add at Narcoosees they had a sign up that you couldn't go on the porch and see the water
image.jpg

Too bad because it's always a nice photo Opp and a nice place to stay while waiting for your table. Wish I would have asked why they closed it.

We had an excellent meal at Narcoossees last Monday. Scott was our waiter and he was top notch! It would have been a good meal for the deluxe dining plan, but we paid out of pocket - ouch!

Monday 8/27 Update

Breakfast - in room again (Mickey Waffles again)

Lunch - got Geyser Point Bison Burger it was good although my husband said the patty tasted like a patty that had been frozen previously. Came with nice waffle fries.

For dinner we headed to the MK
Crystal Palace
image.jpg
The offerings were good. 2 carving stations - one beef and one pork
image.jpg

The mashed potatoes and parmesean perogies were very good. I did not like thier rice.
The salmon was excellevt.
DH's salad
image.jpg
BBQ roticirie chicken
image.jpg

Dessert offerings;
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I didn't try any as I was full from
Dinner. They also had soft serve ice cream availAble.

Saw a nice rainbow leaving the MK
image.jpg

Now am in bed with DD watching our favorite night time cartoon
image.jpg

Can't believe that tomorrow is our last day! Will update again tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter