Back On The Plan - the Deluxe DDP!! - August Live Dining Report ~ 8-24-8-29

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Last August I did my first live dining report (it was our first time at WDW paying OOP, no Dining Plan).

Because we did the Bounceback offer, we got free dining and I upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan.

We will be checking into WL Boulder Ridge Villas tomorrow. Family of 4 me 45, DH 50, DS 13, DD 9

Will promise lots of pictures and will do a $$ tally to see if upgrading to the deluxe plan was worth it.

Am most interested to see Be Our Guest with the new menu changes.

Also DS is now 13 and will be his first time on the dining plan where he can order appetizers & not kids food. He is really excited about that!

So hope you can join me for my live dining report - will start posting pictures / updates tomorrow. Have a 6:30 AM flight tomorrow morning and will be landing at Orlando at 9AM from NYC:rainbow:.

Thanks, Marina :cutie:

image.jpg Had a crazy early flight this morning. 6:30 am, very short flight from NY 2 hours 7 minutes.

Smooth as glass flight, just beautiful.

Watching Aloha Mickey cartoon on DME. Waited on the bus 40 minutes before we even left for the resort. So the time we gained landing ahead of schedule we lost sitting on the bus! But were on vacation.
Yay! It's sunny here in Orlando

On our way now! Will update soon
image.jpg

Had lunch poolside at Roaring Fork

We started with 60 dining credits/points for the 4 of us for 5 nights on the deluxe dining plan. Got the kids flatbread pizza - 2 points. And instead of a drink , I was allowed to get a side of fries. I got the resort mugs as part of the dining plan and used them for the beverage
image.jpg
Then swam in the WL quiet pool
image.jpg
Our room was ready at 11:45, not bad!
We stayed in the pool
Till 1:00, lightning in the area made them clothes the pools.
That's Florida in August for you!

Now we are waiting for the bus Epcot - dinner @ Coral Reef

Just got back from our dinner at Coral Reef in Epcot. We spent 4 points. The menu had changed from last august. We were disappointed with our meal. Last summer we would rated it an 8/10. This years meal would have been a 6/10. dH's steak was not as good as last year.

The shrimp cocktail was very good
image.jpg

The lobster bisque was not good at all. Tasted like dip. Nowhere near as good as the bisque I've had at Narcoosees.

DD got the mac and cheese which she did not like at all
image.jpg

DS got the lobster Mac and cheese - he did not like it either.

I got the chicken breast for the main course - only because I didn't like anything else on the menu. It was kind of blah, nothing special
(Picture would not upload)

Dessert was nice. The chocolate wave was very good but The sorbet was grainy.

Has we not been on the dining plan we would have skipped dessert as we were all getting tired. But being on the dining plan, we felt obligated to get it.

Overall we did not have an excellent meal at CoralReef like we did last summer. But we had a nice table close to the tanks
image.jpg

Ok all off to bed. Will update tomorrow

Last edited:
Following! We did the DXDP in June and loved it! We really enjoyed the Signatures. Looking forward to seeing where you go to eat. Have fun!!

Overall we did not have an excellent meal at CoralReef like we did last summer. But we had a nice table close to the tanks
image-jpg.345933

Sorry to hear the meal wasn't very good. At least you had a fun view...

Hi all, didn't get to post last night so here is my update for yedterday

We were all so exhausted from our first day, I had a feeling the kids were going to sleep in so before I went to bed I cancelled our 9;15AM breakfast ressie. Which was good because DD slept till 10AM. I went down to Roaring Forks and brought up breakfast in our room, the kids enjoyed it
(I got the skittle breakfast and the Mickey waffles) 4 points for breakfast. The site is not letting me upload the breakfast boxes from Roaring Forks.
Now we spent 4 points having breakfast in our room (we are in a Boulder Ridge 1 bedroom villa with a full fridge a nice island with chairs the kids love to eat at) as opposed to those same 4 points having breakfast at Crystal palace but the convienence of the deluxe dining plan is that if I want to choose to eat sit down or quick service - it's up to us. So we had breakfast in our room and made it a pool day. It was really sunny and hot, a beautiful day. We spent about 4 hours at the pool. I got the kids the pizza lunch and then we started to get ready. Dinner at 5:00 at .....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Be Our Guest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter