Bachelor Chris Soules accident

Prayers for the family of the man who died, that is so sad.

With a previous DUI, one would have hoped Soules would have learned his lesson. For the sake of the family who lost their loved one, I hope that "fame" does not prevent justice from being served. And I hope that at least someone can learn from this, that no one is immune from awful consequences when bad choices are consistently made.

The local Iowa tv channels have made public his 911 call. He stayed until first responders got there and took over cpr. Tragic, yes. I feel that the family is being overlooked because of the publicity of Soules. Prayers out to everyone involved. The tabloids will be making a ton of money on this story, which is unfortunate when all of the details weren't public yet, but they all had to jump on it.

Last edited:

The local Iowa tv channels have made public his 911 call. He stayed until first responders got there and took over cpr. Tragic, yes. I feel that the family is being overlooked because of the publicity of Soules. Prayers out to everyone involved. The tabloids will be making a ton of money on this story, which is unfortunate when all of the details weren't public yet, but they all had to jump on it.

Well better than nothing I guess. He still needs to get the hammer though.

Is that new information? Because I read that he called 911 and tried CPR but hung up with the emergency responders and said he would call them back. Then he left the scene and when they showed up at his house he refused to come out without a warrant....

Is that new information? Because I read that he called 911 and tried CPR but hung up with the emergency responders and said he would call them back. Then he left the scene and when they showed up at his house he refused to come out without a warrant....

Thats exactly what I read. I think he was gone before first responders got there. Which is why they had to go to his house, where he stayed inside for hours.

Very strange. I had been wondering, after hearing the 911 call, how it happened that he made the call, sounded like he was checking on the victim, yet was arrested for leaving the scene.

It will be interesting to see whether alcohol (consumption) was involved or if he just freaked and left.

I listened to the 911 tape, it's chilling, you can hear the fear in his voice. I was curious about this, it was over 3 minutes into the call before the 911 operator asks Chris if he knows CPR. I wonder if that's typical. The dispatcher did have to call someone else to send out the ambulance first and tell them the location, before asking, "Is he breathing? Do you know CPR?".

I know everyone here hates speculation, but TMZ is speculating that Soules will be charged, but not prosecuted in this death, since he did call 911, gave his real name, and "attempted to administer CPR" by checking the pulse. And he left the scene only after he was sure the ambulance was arriving. I'm only commenting on that because I am curious how the law works on that, so is it legally allowed to "leave the scene" when help arrives even if you caused the accident? (Not that I'd ever do that, I just wonder what the law states). Seems to me like it wouldn't be legal, but maybe they charge someone with a lesser offense in that case since he did call 911 before leaving. I don't know.

It's likely, imo, that he was drinking and left the scene so that fact couldn't be proven. Once someone leaves the scene and makes it home, they can drink all they want. And often, they do, so when police come knocking there's no way on earth to tell what the persons BAC was at the time of the crash. Alternately, NOT drinking at home and just waiting them out, so that the BAC is lower when finally tested.

It's against the law to leave the scene of a crash in most (maybe even all) states. In some cases it's a higher charge for an injury accident, and in this case it was a fatal. He'll get pinched for that. Even if they can't get him on DUI. Reckless driving, speeding, evading, vehicular manslaughter...all possibilities.

Very strange. I had been wondering, after hearing the 911 call, how it happened that he made the call, sounded like he was checking on the victim, yet was arrested for leaving the scene.
It will be interesting to see whether alcohol (consumption) was involved or if he just freaked and left.

You are not allowed to leave the scene of an injury (or in this case deadly) accident until the police officer says you can. He left the scene before law enforcement got there.

I wonder who the other people on the scene were? He could be heard speaking to them.

You are not allowed to leave the scene of an injury (or in this case deadly) accident until the police officer says you can. He left the scene before law enforcement got there.

Oh, I'm aware you're not supposed to leave the scene of an accident. I just thought it strange that he called 911, sounded like he was trying to provide aid, and then left.

Prayers for the family of the man who died, that is so sad.

With a previous DUI, one would have hoped Soules would have learned his lesson. For the sake of the family who lost their loved one, I hope that "fame" does not prevent justice from being served. And I hope that at least someone can learn from this, that no one is immune from awful consequences when bad choices are consistently made.

I don't think that "fame" will play any part here. There really aren't that many people that watch garbage TV like this. I've never heard of him and the only reason I know that the show exists is because of shows like @Midnight that make fun of garbage television.

I don't think that "fame" will play any part here. There really aren't that many people that watch garbage TV like this. I've never heard of him and the only reason I know that the show exists is because of shows like @Midnight that make fun of garbage television.

Just because it's garbage doesn't mean people don't watch it. The Bachelor has been on for close to two decades and Dancing with the Stars has close to 11 million viewers.

Having lived in a small town in Iowa myself, I'm going to go out on a limb too and say most people from Soules' county are now familiar with him and tuned in to his shows, which may affect jury selection and local public opinion of him

Here's the thing though. Garbage sells. Lots of people watch it. I was thumbing through the tv listings last night and I saw Married at first sight season 5. Just look at the real housewives thread on this very sight. And they have like Real house wives of several places now. Survivor and whats that other one where they're all stuck in a house? Big Brother or something? Anyway, They've both been on a long time by now. I think that he is probably at least fairly well known where he lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter