• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani reusable mugs

In December, 2013 while we were there they had the blue or brown wallpaper mug. I saw a few green, but they weren't selling those.

I repeat . . . just left Aulani, at the airport now.

New reusable mugs have Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Stitch. Wallpaper mugs are gone. Two color choices for lid and handle are blue or green.

I'll post a photo when I get home if no one else has by then.

I am CERTAIN that you won't be happy returning to this FRIGID WEATHER!
One good thing, most of the New York area dodged that huge storm which was GREAT, but VERY COLD TEMPS NOW!:sad2::sad2:

HOPE that you had a WONDERFUL VACA! :dance3::thumbsup2

Did you by any chance fly on United nonstop on the red eye back, something like 8:00PM? Just wondering, flying United nonstop both ways from Newark in May! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

As promised, here's the reusable new mug . . .

I am CERTAIN that you won't be happy returning to this FRIGID WEATHER!
One good thing, most of the New York area dodged that huge storm which was GREAT, but VERY COLD TEMPS NOW!:sad2::sad2:

HOPE that you had a WONDERFUL VACA! :dance3::thumbsup2

Did you by any chance fly on United nonstop on the red eye back, something like 8:00PM? Just wondering, flying United nonstop both ways from Newark in May! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Some snow melted while we were gone, but we still have about 6" on the ground.

It WAS a wonderful vacation.

We considered flying non-stop, but my husband has restless leg "syndrome" and didn't think he'd want to be sitting for 11 hours. As it turns out he had his worst case ever from Honolulu to LAX. He says it feels like bugs are crawling up and down his legs and the only respite is to stand. Makes me concerend about any future trips.

Thanks for posting a photo of the new mug designs, aboveH20. We have the old blue and red 'wallpaper' design mugs from our trip in 2012, so I'm glad to see there will be a new design for our upcoming trip in October 2014.

Thanks so much for posting the picture! I'm glad that they came out with a new pattern. I like having the mugs when we are kicking around the pool, but really had no desire to buy that same old pattern. We already have three of those and I don't think they are that pretty at all.

Three more weeks and we'll be there! We just got a few more inches of snow, after having pretty much dry pavement for about a month, so I'm EXTRA ready for the sunshine, sand, and non-frozen water!:cool1:

The mugs are cute--thanks for the picture.

The restless leg syndrome sounds miserable. I'm sorry the trip home was so rough.

Thanks for the photos of the new mugs. We consider the refillable mug to be a souvenir.

Is there a Disney dining plan in addition to mugs

Nope. Just the drink stations for the mugs.

I agree with lab lady, there is not any type of dining plan at Aulani. Since it so expensive to dine at Aulani, you might want to check out this thread on other places to eat near Aulani or around Oahu. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2858912

We considered flying non-stop, but my husband has restless leg "syndrome" and didn't think he'd want to be sitting for 11 hours. As it turns out he had his worst case ever from Honolulu to LAX. He says it feels like bugs are crawling up and down his legs and the only respite is to stand. Makes me concerned about any future trips.

Just to share something that a co-worker was talking about recently. She has terrible restless leg syndrome that of course was happening when she would go to bed although if it kicked in earlier she also wouldn't be able to sleep. (otherwise she's always on the go so probably never sits down until then!) But she discovered that what she eats has a BIG effect. She mentioned fried foods as being a particularly bad thing that if she ate after noon she would get the restless leg. I think caffeine later also had some effect but the fried food was the worst. She mentioned to her Dr. how she was controlling it and said he had never run across that before so just thought I'd throw it out. She worked to discover what triggered simply by eliminating some things for a short time and then adding it back and seeing what happened.

Did you post any other pics in another thread?
Thanks again!:thumbsup2

No, I haven't posted any others photos. I didn't actually take too many -- my husband and I are non-photogenic AARPers :rotfl2: and there are so many wonderful photos on this board I didn't think I'd have anything to share.

What I did do was to copy the idea for the photo mural behind the check-in desk. On our last day I went around taking close ups of things that were red, orange, yellow, blue, green and purple. I'm looking forward to making my own mural. Not entirely sure what form it will take.

Thanks for posting a photo of the new mug designs, aboveH20. We have the old blue and red 'wallpaper' design mugs from our trip in 2012, so I'm glad to see there will be a new design for our upcoming trip in October 2014.

And, just for you (or at least the thread you started) I took a view from the balcony of our room. Ironically it's right next to the only other hotel room on your list. We stayed in 1030 and loved it. We will request it if we ever return.

Thanks so much for posting the picture! I'm glad that they came out with a new pattern. I like having the mugs when we are kicking around the pool, but really had no desire to buy that same old pattern. We already have three of those and I don't think they are that pretty at all.

Three more weeks and we'll be there! We just got a few more inches of snow, after having pretty much dry pavement for about a month, so I'm EXTRA ready for the sunshine, sand, and non-frozen water!:cool1:

As I was drinking from my mug I almost wished I wasn't retired so I could take my mug to work!

I hear you about the snow. We still have 6-8" on the ground and temps have dipped to the single digits since we've been home.

The mugs are cute--thanks for the picture.

The restless leg syndrome sounds miserable. I'm sorry the trip home was so rough.

You're welcome.

Restless legs made him very uncomfortable.

Thanks for the photos of the new mugs. We consider the refillable mug to be a souvenir.

I agree with lab lady, there is not any type of dining plan at Aulani. Since it so expensive to dine at Aulani, you might want to check out this thread on other places to eat near Aulani or around Oahu. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2858912

I agrees about the souvenir factor!

I've got to head over to that thread and add my 2 cents.

Just to share something that a co-worker was talking about recently. She has terrible restless leg syndrome that of course was happening when she would go to bed although if it kicked in earlier she also wouldn't be able to sleep. (otherwise she's always on the go so probably never sits down until then!) But she discovered that what she eats has a BIG effect. She mentioned fried foods as being a particularly bad thing that if she ate after noon she would get the restless leg. I think caffeine later also had some effect but the fried food was the worst. She mentioned to her Dr. how she was controlling it and said he had never run across that before so just thought I'd throw it out. She worked to discover what triggered simply by eliminating some things for a short time and then adding it back and seeing what happened.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed comment. I will absolutely pass that along to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter