• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani reusable mugs

lablady

Mouseketeer
We bought the refillable mugs when we were there in December 2012. Unfortunately they only had the blue ones at the time, so we have three of those! Has anyone been recently and seen if the pattern has changed? Ours were the wallpaper pattern, with hooks and such. If they haven't changed, did they have them in other colors? :) We'll be buying more, either way. :rolleyes2 My whole cupboard is full of these, between WDW and Aulani!

Yes, the pattern/designs change. We were also there is 2012 and then again in 2013. The color and the designs were different.

We were just there but did not purchase mugs....but seemed there were two different choices but not very attractive. LOL, we brought some of our WDW refillable mugs so we could put our adult beverages in them and go on the beach to watch the sunset. Someone asked their friend "how come you didn't pick out the pretty mugs like those?" I am glad we didn't buy a mug.....don't need to be drinking all that soda, and the coffee we brought along for the coffeepot worked out just fine. We also have a cupboard full of Disney mugs!

Here is a picture of them taken from the brochure handed out to us at check in this past December 2013- The Disney Dining Guide- Page down to the bottom of the page for the photo.

Also as an aside....I don't notice that the onces we got in August of 2012 were any different than the current ones that we purchased in December of 2013? Not sure what PP's are seeing that is different about them, unless they changed them right before we went in August of 2012?:confused3

I have the same brochure from our trip this month. Can't say for sure if the ones I saw are exactly the same as the pic. For some reason I am remembering a darker green and not the brown/orange color. Then again, wasn't really paying much attention. At least they have dropped the price from the original of $36!!! That was outrageous....even for Hawaii.

The ones in the brochure were the ones available when we were there in Oct 2013. They had red (it looks brown in the photo but is really red) or blue.

Thanks for posting the picture! Yep, those are the ones we have. Just blue though. I wish they would come up with a new pattern. Aulani and Hawaii are both so beautiful that creating a prettier pattern should be easy!

Can't wait to go!!! :beach:

Hhmmm, after looking at it, I noticed that Kalepa's store isn't listed as a refill spot anymore. Did they take out the drink stations in there?

There is no longer a drink station in the gift shop (which I assume is the store you're referring to). The drink stations are at the Ulu Cafe, Lava Shack, and when we were there, the drink station at the old (and now closed) One Paddle Two Paddle was open sporadically. Others have mentioned that there's also a drink station in the teen area, but I'm not sure about that one.

OnePaddle was closed when we were there this month. There is a refill station there, though. For quick service, there is now the Ulu Cafe...very large selection. Not sure what they are going to do with OnePaddle. We were told by two different cast members that "big changes" will be coming, especially to the area close to the beach. Can't see what can be added....except that we "heard" that the empty lot next door belongs to Disney and there are "plans". But there is a public access parking lot and the wedding chapels in front of that lot.....

OnePaddle was closed when we were there this month. There is a refill station there, though. For quick service, there is now the Ulu Cafe...very large selection. Not sure what they are going to do with OnePaddle. We were told by two different cast members that "big changes" will be coming, especially to the area close to the beach. Can't see what can be added....except that we "heard" that the empty lot next door belongs to Disney and there are "plans". But there is a public access parking lot and the wedding chapels in front of that lot.....

WOW I hope you are right! Our room looked out over that lot next door on our last stay and I couldn't help but think it would be great if Disney had that lot for expansion!

I would imagine they would have to do some sort of walkway/skybridge over the access road to the wedding chapel thats in between Aulani and the empty lot. If that rumour is true that would be so cool!

I wish I could figure out how to search the deed recordings there. Both CMs seemed very excited about "it". I had the same thought about a pedestrian bridge. And I think by law there has to be public access parking in certain areas...the one next to the chapel has around 20 spots. Am going to start savings points for another trip....maybe 2016.

Hhmmm, we never got food from One Paddle Two Paddle anyway. Just used it to refill our cups. I just hadn't heard that it was closing. I checked the Aulani website and it isn't listed as counter service anymore either. I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip...two more months!

Aulani's original mugs had a clear handle and outer covering the fish hook pattern. Color; purple, red, blue, and green. This past weekend
(Jan.25,2014) it was red and blue in the new design.

Price for mugs at Aulani?

How about at WDW??

Are they scannable I hope at either location? Nothing annoys me more, when I purchase mugs at WDW and I see folks with old mugs refilling!:confused3

IMO, should be security measures on the mugs, scannable like bar codes!
If I am going to pay, I expect others to do the same!:confused3:mad::mad:

Thanks for any info on prices in both locations! Can't wait for Aulani especially with this FRIGID WEATHER!:dance3::thumbsup2

What beverages are currently available? Coffee? Tea? Lemonade? Juice? Anyone know which sodas, particularly which diet sodas?

We've been trying to decide how many to get for our upcoming trip. I like the mug designs well enough to get at least one, but I'm not really sure it is worth getting more than one, possibly two, if we like the colors.

jerseygal said:
How much are the refillable mugs at Aulani?

The price of the Aulani mugs was posted on the brochure that I posted back on post #5. They are $18.99 each and they do not have the new technology at like at WDW.

Golden Rose said:
What beverages are currently available? Coffee? Tea? Lemonade? Juice? Anyone know which sodas, particularly which diet sodas?

I seem to recall that you could fill them with coffee and the drink stations offer Coke products: They have Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Minute Maid Lemonade, Fuze Raspberry tea, Barq Rootbeer, and Sprite.

myty5 said:
Aulani's original mugs had a clear handle and outer covering the fish hook pattern. Color; purple, red, blue, and green. This past weekend
(Jan.25,2014) it was red and blue in the new design.

So thats what I saw! There were a few people carrying the type that you describe with the clear handles, and I wondered!

I thought maybe they were new or something, turns out they were the old ones! We were there in August of 2012 and they had the same red and blue type for sale that are currently in stock as of this past December 2013 when we went back. We never saw the purple or green on our 2012 trip.... they must have sold out of those colors first? or not re ordered?

I'm at Aulani now, but returning to New York and freezing temperatures tomorrow.

There's a new mug at Aulani with the Disney characters. Two choices of lid/handle colors, green or blue. I've seen many of the "wallpaper" mugs so don't know if the change was very recent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter