AP discounts up to 35% out 10/2 thru 12/25 today 😀

When running math also consider only upgrading 1 ticket to an AP. That would still get all discounts for dining, merch & hotel.
My thoughts exactly! We're from Canada and every dollar we can save is huge with the exchange rate these days! I have the ability to cash in some of my travel rewards to get an AP but want to make sure it's a good value - we're going for a long weekend this Nov (obviously), 2 weeks in Feb/March and then hoping to go again next Nov for our 40th anniversary. That means we'd have 3 trips to make use of the discounts on all of our meals and since most of our meals are sit-downs due to my dietary restrictions, that adds up quickly. We already have 14 one day park hopper tickets on our accounts that were gifted to us on our last trip after my mom died while we were there, and since we are usually resort focused on our trips this would be a perfect scenario.

We decided to book at our resort of choice, POFQ, using the public measly discount that's offered and if I get the AP before this trip I'll see if I can apply that.

Good morning! We had APs for over 25 years until our children became adults and our travel choices expanded a bit. I am trying to decide if upgrading my hopper to an AP would garner the possibility of an AP discount. Would someone be so kind as to check the following?

BWInn - November 17-20, accessible room for 2 adults (view and category is not necessarily important... CL is fine too)
BWInn - November 26, accessible room for 2 adults

Thanks so much!

Good morning! We had APs for over 25 years until our children became adults and our travel choices expanded a bit. I am trying to decide if upgrading my hopper to an AP would garner the possibility of an AP discount. Would someone be so kind as to check the following?

BWInn - November 17-20, accessible room for 2 adults (view and category is not necessarily important... CL is fine too)
BWInn - November 26, accessible room for 2 adults

Thanks so much!
EDITED: My login didn't like me at first!

November 17-20: No AP rates available
November 26-27: $406 for for standard view with 2 queens and $421 or $509 for everything else.

I've searched here and other threads but can't find an answer to this question: To get the AP discount applied to my room does the pass have to be activated? I'm not sure if we'll be entering any parks on our first trip in November but if I'm remembering correctly from many years ago, I didn't get the card to show at restaurants and stores until I activated it??

So my daughter has an AP from going with her other side of the family. She is 15. So that means I can’t check AP rates, correct?

I've searched here and other threads but can't find an answer to this question: To get the AP discount applied to my room does the pass have to be activated? I'm not sure if we'll be entering any parks on our first trip in November but if I'm remembering correctly from many years ago, I didn't get the card to show at restaurants and stores until I activated it??

You can book the stay with a voucher but need to have an activate AP during your discounted stay. You used to have 24 hours after check in to show the activated the pass at the front desk. With online check in, I’m not sure how that is being handled. You may get a message that you need to stop at the desk or you may not. But if your pass is not activated you run the risk of losing the discount & having to pay rack rate.

Currently many places want to see the activated pass with expiration date in your MDE to get an AP discount. Some still accept the AP cards, but because that doesn’t have a specific expiration date, many are requiring the MDE as proof. AP discounts are intended for active AP members, not future or past Annual Passholders, so that is reasonable IMO. If you’re not planning to activate your pass during your stay, you are not eligible for any AP discounts during that stay.

So my daughter has an AP from going with her other side of the family. She is 15. So that means I can’t check AP rates, correct?

Dose she have a MDE account & have her AP linked to it? If yes, you should be able to see rates thru her sign in. You have to be 18 to book a room, so may not be able to book with her pass tho.

You can book the stay with a voucher but need to have an activate AP during your discounted stay. You used to have 24 hours after check in to show the activated the pass at the front desk. With online check in, I’m not sure how that is being handled. You may get a message that you need to stop at the desk or you may not. But if your pass is not activated you run the risk of losing the discount & having to pay rack rate.

Currently many places want to see the activated pass with expiration date in your MDE to get an AP discount. Some still accept the AP cards, but because that doesn’t have a specific expiration date, many are requiring the MDE as proof. AP discounts are intended for active AP members, not future or past Annual Passholders, so that is reasonable IMO. If you’re not planning to activate your pass during your stay, you are not eligible for any AP discounts during that stay.
That's fair and I agree. We're just not sure if we'll be able to enjoy a day in the parks or not. I'll wait until time is closer and our plans are more settled. Still not even sure if we'll have collected enough points to redeem for the pass by our november trip!

hehe since the 3rd trip will be within a year anyways, I'll just pop into EPCOT for treats from France

That's fair and I agree. We're just not sure if we'll be able to enjoy a day in the parks or not. I'll wait until time is closer and our plans are more settled. Still not even sure if we'll have collected enough points to redeem for the pass by our november trip!

hehe since the 3rd trip will be within a year anyways, I'll just pop into EPCOT for treats from France

I was going to say, just 1 person needs the AP for resort & other discounts. Just in case that works for you.

I was going to say, just 1 person needs the AP for resort & other discounts. Just in case that works for you.
that's all we're planning on doing, thanks for the help! The main reason we want it is for the food, resort would be the gravy. Would you mind looking to see if POFQ even has rates for November 23rd - 27th?

that's all we're planning on doing, thanks for the help! The main reason we want it is for the food, resort would be the gravy. Would you mind looking to see if POFQ even has rates for November 23rd - 27th?

There are discounts listed, but it looks like they’re exactly the same as the general public discount.

General public:

IMG_5359.png

AP discount:

IMG_5358.png

I just double-checked and, in fact, they are exactly the same as the general public discount.

OP, unless you're planning on taking another trip within the 12 months your AP would be active, you'd have to buy a heckuva lot of food for this to be worth it just for that. It's only a 10% discount and only at some TS restaurants and then, only for entrees.

You mentioned something about saving up points. If you have a Disney Visa, I'm pretty sure it's good for a similar bunch of food discounts at WDW.

I just double-checked and, in fact, they are exactly the same as the general public discount.

OP, unless you're planning on taking another trip within the 12 months your AP would be active, you'd have to buy a heckuva lot of food for this to be worth it just for that. It's only a 10% discount and only at some TS restaurants and then, only for entrees.

You mentioned something about saving up points. If you have a Disney Visa, I'm pretty sure it's good for a similar bunch of food discounts at WDW.
Yup, I know it's not much of a discount, and staying at POFQ means the lowest of the bunch when it comes to discounts - the resort is small and they rarely need to push to fill it up (that's part of why we love staying there!!) We currently have 3 trips in various planning stages for the upcoming year, spontaneous birthday trip, do-over trip for last year when my mom died while we were in Disney, they've comped us 4 nights, all 10 days worth of tickets for both of us converted to single-day park hoppers that can be used by either of us (why we only need one AP) that will be 2 weeks long and then wrap it up with a bang for our 40th anniversary early next Nov.

The food discounts is huge because I have a very restrictive diet due to numerous dietary limitations due to allergies, everything needs to be cooked from scratch, off-menu and you can bet they charge me top $ for that full meal but I love the freedom from the kitchen. Hubby loves being to eat things that can't even be in our house so he tends to go overboard on his meals and snacks :P WDW is the ONLY place in the world that I can go without needing to cook for myself. That is priceless for us.

We're also coming from Canada so every little bit of money we can save to offset the horrid exchange rate is welcome. The Rewards I'm talking about cashing in are from a programme we have - Airmiles, I don't even know if there's something similar in the USA? There are several grocery stores, gas stations, online stores and credit cards that we can earn "miles" from - you can then cash them in for lots of things, flights is just one. If you're a top level collector you can have a Personal Shopper "buy" anything that's sold in CDN funds, and Disney tickets are allowed. We NEVER buy anything strictly to earn "miles" but I know how to work the system to maximize the return and we consider everything we redeem for as free.

Yup, I know it's not much of a discount, and staying at POFQ means the lowest of the bunch when it comes to discounts - the resort is small and they rarely need to push to fill it up (that's part of why we love staying there!!) We currently have 3 trips in various planning stages for the upcoming year, spontaneous birthday trip, do-over trip for last year when my mom died while we were in Disney, they've comped us 4 nights, all 10 days worth of tickets for both of us converted to single-day park hoppers that can be used by either of us (why we only need one AP) that will be 2 weeks long and then wrap it up with a bang for our 40th anniversary early next Nov.

The food discounts is huge because I have a very restrictive diet due to numerous dietary limitations due to allergies, everything needs to be cooked from scratch, off-menu and you can bet they charge me top $ for that full meal but I love the freedom from the kitchen. Hubby loves being to eat things that can't even be in our house so he tends to go overboard on his meals and snacks :P WDW is the ONLY place in the world that I can go without needing to cook for myself. That is priceless for us.

We're also coming from Canada so every little bit of money we can save to offset the horrid exchange rate is welcome. The Rewards I'm talking about cashing in are from a programme we have - Airmiles, I don't even know if there's something similar in the USA? There are several grocery stores, gas stations, online stores and credit cards that we can earn "miles" from - you can then cash them in for lots of things, flights is just one. If you're a top level collector you can have a Personal Shopper "buy" anything that's sold in CDN funds, and Disney tickets are allowed. We NEVER buy anything strictly to earn "miles" but I know how to work the system to maximize the return and we consider everything we redeem for as free.
Now I get it. Thanks for explaining everything.

I'm vegan, and WDW is one of the few places I can go to where I know there'll be food for me that I like. So I totally get where you're coming from there, and I've certainly had chefs prepare off-menu items for me as well.

We love POFQ too. It's our go-to place now, especially since AKL has become very pricey. And any discount is a good discount!

I am a newly minted AP with a voucher. How would I check the AP rate for Jambo at AKL on Oct 26-27? For 2 people, king room or studio
You can book at AP rate without activating the pass? Have been curious about that for a trip far ahead

Dont forget you would get swan and dolphin passholder discounts too. For your dates (as of tonight):
swan - cheapest $263/night (includes resort fee, taxes extra)
dolphin - cheapest $257/night (includes resort fee, taxes extra)

Those prices can be checked anytime:
https://swandolphin.com/offers/
Thx I just used for 12/28-30. Way cheaper than WDW those nights.

Reactions: amw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter